Do we have cheaters?

Comments

  • ps_865
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is just like asking big pfarmas are they ok with them producing sports doping. Dont forget m&k on consoles is like doping in sports. You know you are at advantage, and you know your oponent doesent know that you are, and that is cheating by definition.
  • full951
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ps_865 wrote: »
    This is just like asking big pfarmas are they ok with them producing sports doping. Dont forget m&k on consoles is like doping in sports. You know you are at advantage, and you know your oponent doesent know that you are, and that is cheating by definition.

    try harder to associate MnK with cheating.
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ps_865 wrote: »
    This is just like asking big pfarmas are they ok with them producing sports doping. Dont forget m&k on consoles is like doping in sports. You know you are at advantage, and you know your oponent doesent know that you are, and that is cheating by definition.

    Thats like you playing on default sensitivity and calling me a cheater when I play on 100% sensitivity because I can turn around faster and kill you.

    People buy scuff controllers, raiju, they script their controllers(at least used to), some will play on default tv/monitor speakers while others will enjoy headphones, so what you re saying everything is considered as cheating, even a guy who kills you 10 times in a row with a standard controller. I would love to see live streams of people like you playing with MnK on console and getting rekt by ds4's.
  • full951
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DCSTomcat wrote: »
    full951 wrote: »
    it would be very easy for any game dev or console manufacturer to say mouse and keyboard on console is cheating. they have been asked to say it many many times for more than just a few years now.

    let me ask you, have they ever said that?
    nope

    has any console manufacturer or game dev banned for the use of mouse and keyboard EVER?
    nope

    do game devs and console manufacturer ban for cheating?
    damn right they do
    Overwatch Devs did openly say keyboard and mouse on consoles is cheating and tried to get Sony and MS to ban those users but obviously the console makers refused.

    Also Fortnite blocks your input if it detects a typical 8-directional digital behavior of a keyboard on the movement stick.

    the overwatch devs: yeah they did make a big stink about it. during that time THEY NEVER CALLED IT Cheating. prove me wrong. They did however ask for it to be allowed.. here we are. Microsoft made its official offering with razer. out of respect for guys like you they did not force change and left your feelings to the devs.

    the fortnite devs: what you speak of only happened for less than 48 hours. they no longer check for wasd. this was an attempt to keep PC PLAYERS out of console lobbies. it didn't work effectively and it was abandoned right away. 3rd party Adapters were not the target of the wasd checks. some people were getting kicked. most were never effected.

    If bfv allows MnK hold on to your butt because separate lobbies are unlikely. that's the whole reason they got rid
    of the premium pass: so the player base would not be split. they would only be creating the same problem they just got rid of.
  • full951
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No hacks on console. Mnk on console is not cheating seeing as ps says its ok and licenses their own to hori to make. Complete with ps logo.

    can we stop spreading this bs? third party equipment that alter input violates the tos as pointed out multiple times before. Sony never made a statement that its OK. the pure fact that they distribute their own converter doesn't mean that they are OK with people using ANY converter.
    furtherly Sony isn't deciding this by themselves but it's rather relevant what both Sony and a games developer say. ultimately if dice is not ok with it, it's not OK. they make the rules for their games...

    the devices do not alter input. Sonys device does use a converter so.. yeah they are cool with it. of course devs don't like 3rd party support they didn't solicit. especially when other companies are making money off their game. but that's just their fault for not meeting player demand. when you find that dev statement that it's cheating you let me know ok. otherwise we all know you are taking your information from players, not devs or console manufacturers
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No hacks on console. Mnk on console is not cheating seeing as ps says its ok and licenses their own to hori to make. Complete with ps logo.

    can we stop spreading this bs? third party equipment that alter input violates the tos as pointed out multiple times before. Sony never made a statement that its OK. the pure fact that they distribute their own converter doesn't mean that they are OK with people using ANY converter.
    furtherly Sony isn't deciding this by themselves but it's rather relevant what both Sony and a games developer say. ultimately if dice is not ok with it, it's not OK. they make the rules for their games...

    Show me where DICE said they re not ok with it
  • ps_865
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Vycinas2 wrote: »
    ps_865 wrote: »
    This is just like asking big pfarmas are they ok with them producing sports doping. Dont forget m&k on consoles is like doping in sports. You know you are at advantage, and you know your oponent doesent know that you are, and that is cheating by definition.

    Thats like you playing on default sensitivity and calling me a cheater when I play on 100% sensitivity because I can turn around faster and kill you.

    People buy scuff controllers, raiju, they script their controllers(at least used to), some will play on default tv/monitor speakers while others will enjoy headphones, so what you re saying everything is considered as cheating, even a guy who kills you 10 times in a row with a standard controller. I would love to see live streams of people like you playing with MnK on console and getting rekt by ds4's.

    "Thats like you playing on default sensitivity and calling me a cheater when I play on 100% sensitivity because I can turn around faster and kill you."

    No, that is within the settings choices available to both of you.
  • ps_865
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »
    ps_865 wrote: »
    This is just like asking big pfarmas are they ok with them producing sports doping. Dont forget m&k on consoles is like doping in sports. You know you are at advantage, and you know your oponent doesent know that you are, and that is cheating by definition.

    try harder to associate MnK with cheating.

    No need to try harder, clearly it is cheating
  • The_BERG_366
    2313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »
    No hacks on console. Mnk on console is not cheating seeing as ps says its ok and licenses their own to hori to make. Complete with ps logo.

    can we stop spreading this bs? third party equipment that alter input violates the tos as pointed out multiple times before. Sony never made a statement that its OK. the pure fact that they distribute their own converter doesn't mean that they are OK with people using ANY converter.
    furtherly Sony isn't deciding this by themselves but it's rather relevant what both Sony and a games developer say. ultimately if dice is not ok with it, it's not OK. they make the rules for their games...

    the devices do not alter input. Sonys device does use a converter so.. yeah they are cool with it. of course devs don't like 3rd party support they didn't solicit. especially when other companies are making money off their game. but that's just their fault for not meeting player demand. when you find that dev statement that it's cheating you let me know ok. otherwise we all know you are taking your information from players, not devs or console manufacturers

    yes they do as the native mnk input is converted into a controller input to make the console belive a controller is connected.
    then you go on an make the exact claim that I addressed in the very comment you quoted. again: just because they make one themselves doesn't mean they are OK with any converter.
    also you should learn to read. neither do I claim that its cheating nor do I claim that dice is not OK with it. I said that it violates the Sony tos and that it should be considered "not OK" IF dice is not OK with it.
    got it?
  • The_BERG_366
    2313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Vycinas2 wrote: »
    No hacks on console. Mnk on console is not cheating seeing as ps says its ok and licenses their own to hori to make. Complete with ps logo.

    can we stop spreading this bs? third party equipment that alter input violates the tos as pointed out multiple times before. Sony never made a statement that its OK. the pure fact that they distribute their own converter doesn't mean that they are OK with people using ANY converter.
    furtherly Sony isn't deciding this by themselves but it's rather relevant what both Sony and a games developer say. ultimately if dice is not ok with it, it's not OK. they make the rules for their games...

    Show me where DICE said they re not ok with it

    same for you... learn to read.
  • full951
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
    Vycinas2 wrote: »
    No hacks on console. Mnk on console is not cheating seeing as ps says its ok and licenses their own to hori to make. Complete with ps logo.

    can we stop spreading this bs? third party equipment that alter input violates the tos as pointed out multiple times before. Sony never made a statement that its OK. the pure fact that they distribute their own converter doesn't mean that they are OK with people using ANY converter.
    furtherly Sony isn't deciding this by themselves but it's rather relevant what both Sony and a games developer say. ultimately if dice is not ok with it, it's not OK. they make the rules for their games...

    Show me where DICE said they re not ok with it

    same for you... learn to read.

    still waiting for you to show us. it's an easy sentence to form "mouse and keyboard is cheating" they've litterly had years to say it. or excuse me, you didn't call it cheating. but it's really the only reason to not be OK with it.

    If Sony had any issue with it, they would of destroyed these small 3rd party adapter makers by now.
    Post edited by full951 on
  • full951
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ps_865 wrote: »
    Vycinas2 wrote: »
    ps_865 wrote: »
    This is just like asking big pfarmas are they ok with them producing sports doping. Dont forget m&k on consoles is like doping in sports. You know you are at advantage, and you know your oponent doesent know that you are, and that is cheating by definition.

    Thats like you playing on default sensitivity and calling me a cheater when I play on 100% sensitivity because I can turn around faster and kill you.

    People buy scuff controllers, raiju, they script their controllers(at least used to), some will play on default tv/monitor speakers while others will enjoy headphones, so what you re saying everything is considered as cheating, even a guy who kills you 10 times in a row with a standard controller. I would love to see live streams of people like you playing with MnK on console and getting rekt by ds4's.

    "Thats like you playing on default sensitivity and calling me a cheater when I play on 100% sensitivity because I can turn around faster and kill you."

    No, that is within the settings choices available to both of you.

    that's what you don't seem to understand. they operate completely within the settings choices available to both of you. these devices dont send a fake signal to the console. these devices control the controller. the controller sends controller input. because that's what it is.
  • full951
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16


    I messed that quote up. it's broke now

  • full951
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    better is not cheating. advantage is not cheating. but advantage in regulated tourney play is part of it. so one device only. online play is not regulated tourney play.
  • The_BERG_366
    2313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 16
    full951 wrote: »
    Vycinas2 wrote: »
    No hacks on console. Mnk on console is not cheating seeing as ps says its ok and licenses their own to hori to make. Complete with ps logo.

    can we stop spreading this bs? third party equipment that alter input violates the tos as pointed out multiple times before. Sony never made a statement that its OK. the pure fact that they distribute their own converter doesn't mean that they are OK with people using ANY converter.
    furtherly Sony isn't deciding this by themselves but it's rather relevant what both Sony and a games developer say. ultimately if dice is not ok with it, it's not OK. they make the rules for their games...

    Show me where DICE said they re not ok with it

    same for you... learn to read.

    still waiting for you to show us. it's an easy sentence to form "mouse and keyboard is cheating" they've litterly had years to say it. or excuse me, you didn't call it cheating. but it's really the only reason to not be OK with it.

    If Sony had any issue with it, they would of destroyed these small 3rd party adapter makers by now.

    i didn't say that they aren't OK with it either. I don't know their stance on the subject. I point out that an argumentation doesn't work. thats not equivalent to claiming the opposite of the stance the argumentation was meant to support.

    maybe... however I'm sure they would prefere to have the full market for themselves and their hori adapter. also it doesn't make sense to invest recourses into destroying these third party companies just to try to generate a tiny bit more revenue due to additional sales of their own licensed product. its simply not worth it especially when their own product is inferior. not even talking about the storm it could cause and people leaving for xbox to keep using their xim for example.
    I don't belive that Sony has any kind of "moral stance" on the subject unlike DICE (or rather some people at DICE) simply because the platform provider doesn't have any emotional connection to the games.


    I get where you're coming from just in future try and leave out the swearing alright? ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • full951
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    they would definitely like to have total control of the MnK market on their platform. this is obvious. if the aren't gonna do anything about it that's their decision. nothing changes.

    people will not leave ps4 to keep using their xim. that's ridiculous. please elaborate on this storm of poo poo you speak of.

    like you i don't think Sony has any moral stance on it either. it's just another perifial to sell. like they have been doing for years now.

    I would be extremely surprised to find out dice had some deep seeded distain for mouse and keyboard at all. they know it's the better way to play.

    I'm gonna quote the Razer rep at ces when talking to max Scoville of ign about the Turret. ign asks "is this fair to the console kiddies using controller?" the Razer rep laughs and says "No, it's not. they will have to learn a controller isn't the way to play a shooter". I'd link the video but ign took it down. probably because it sorta disrespected controller users. or not. just never seen them take a video down before.

    that's what it comes down to really. who is anyone to hold players back from playing how they want. I assure you if there was a better way to play shooters MnK gamers would be fine with it and try it out. console gamers are a conditioned bunch it seems.
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »
    DCSTomcat wrote: »
    full951 wrote: »
    it would be very easy for any game dev or console manufacturer to say mouse and keyboard on console is cheating. they have been asked to say it many many times for more than just a few years now.

    let me ask you, have they ever said that?
    nope

    has any console manufacturer or game dev banned for the use of mouse and keyboard EVER?
    nope

    do game devs and console manufacturer ban for cheating?
    damn right they do
    Overwatch Devs did openly say keyboard and mouse on consoles is cheating and tried to get Sony and MS to ban those users but obviously the console makers refused.

    Also Fortnite blocks your input if it detects a typical 8-directional digital behavior of a keyboard on the movement stick.

    the overwatch devs: yeah they did make a big stink about it. during that time THEY NEVER CALLED IT Cheating. prove me wrong. They did however ask for it to be allowed.. here we are. Microsoft made its official offering with razer. out of respect for guys like you they did not force change and left your feelings to the devs.

    the fortnite devs: what you speak of only happened for less than 48 hours. they no longer check for wasd. this was an attempt to keep PC PLAYERS out of console lobbies. it didn't work effectively and it was abandoned right away. 3rd party Adapters were not the target of the wasd checks. some people were getting kicked. most were never effected.

    If bfv allows MnK hold on to your butt because separate lobbies are unlikely. that's the whole reason they got rid
    of the premium pass: so the player base would not be split. they would only be creating the same problem they just got rid of.
    What do you mean guys like me LOL? And that 48 hours prompted XIM Apex maker to add a simulate analog behavior feature to the firmware. That's how I know this I don't even play Fortnite.
  • PixelSquish
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    would using a joystick for a flying game or a steering wheel for a driving game be considered cheating?
  • full951
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DCSTomcat wrote: »
    full951 wrote: »
    DCSTomcat wrote: »
    full951 wrote: »
    it would be very easy for any game dev or console manufacturer to say mouse and keyboard on console is cheating. they have been asked to say it many many times for more than just a few years now.

    let me ask you, have they ever said that?
    nope

    has any console manufacturer or game dev banned for the use of mouse and keyboard EVER?
    nope

    do game devs and console manufacturer ban for cheating?
    damn right they do
    Overwatch Devs did openly say keyboard and mouse on consoles is cheating and tried to get Sony and MS to ban those users but obviously the console makers refused.

    Also Fortnite blocks your input if it detects a typical 8-directional digital behavior of a keyboard on the movement stick.

    the overwatch devs: yeah they did make a big stink about it. during that time THEY NEVER CALLED IT Cheating. prove me wrong. They did however ask for it to be allowed.. here we are. Microsoft made its official offering with razer. out of respect for guys like you they did not force change and left your feelings to the devs.

    the fortnite devs: what you speak of only happened for less than 48 hours. they no longer check for wasd. this was an attempt to keep PC PLAYERS out of console lobbies. it didn't work effectively and it was abandoned right away. 3rd party Adapters were not the target of the wasd checks. some people were getting kicked. most were never effected.

    If bfv allows MnK hold on to your butt because separate lobbies are unlikely. that's the whole reason they got rid
    of the premium pass: so the player base would not be split. they would only be creating the same problem they just got rid of.
    What do you mean guys like me LOL? And that 48 hours prompted XIM Apex maker to add a simulate analog behavior feature to the firmware. That's how I know this I don't even play Fortnite.

    the update to the apex is not needed to play fortnite. they are not doing the check anymore. but it does add the simulated alalog behavior. I don't have it but I hear people like it.

    guys like you? not "you" you. the readers at large I guess, or anyone opposed to MnK.
Sign In or Register to comment.