This Week in Battlefield V

Do we have cheaters?

Comments

• full951
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    would using a joystick for a flying game or a steering wheel for a driving game be considered cheating?

only if you consider the rock band set of controllers in the form of drums, guitar and mic cheating
  • PixelSquish
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »
    would using a joystick for a flying game or a steering wheel for a driving game be considered cheating?

only if you consider the rock band set of controllers in the form of drums, guitar and mic cheating

Exactly. A mouse is the best input device for fps.
  • The_BERG_366
    2316 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    they would definitely like to have total control of the MnK market on their platform. this is obvious. if the aren't gonna do anything about it that's their decision. nothing changes.

people will not leave ps4 to keep using their xim. that's ridiculous. please elaborate on this storm of poo poo you speak of.

like you i don't think Sony has any moral stance on it either. it's just another perifial to sell. like they have been doing for years now.

I would be extremely surprised to find out dice had some deep seeded distain for mouse and keyboard at all. they know it's the better way to play.

I'm gonna quote the Razer rep at ces when talking to max Scoville of ign about the Turret. ign asks "is this fair to the console kiddies using controller?" the Razer rep laughs and says "No, it's not. they will have to learn a controller isn't the way to play a shooter". I'd link the video but ign took it down. probably because it sorta disrespected controller users. or not. just never seen them take a video down before.

that's what it comes down to really. who is anyone to hold players back from playing how they want. I assure you if there was a better way to play shooters MnK gamers would be fine with it and try it out. console gamers are a conditioned bunch it seems.

" if the aren't gonna do anything about it that's their decision."
    so u agree that simply because they decide not to do anything doesn't mean they are perfectly fine with it?

"please elaborate on this storm of poo poo you speak of."
    what a stupid response. afaik the xim is somewhat dominant in terms of quality. if you like that why would u not switch to the other platform when a new generation of consoles comes out. or if you thought about getting a new ps4 pro anyways and xim decides to stop their support for ps4 why would u not consider getting an xbone x instead?

now in the rest of the comment you talk about controller vs mnk but thst is not the subject. the subject is controller vs emulated mnk. native mnk support (despite being even better of course) is something completely different as it doesn't require the user to buy a device just to circumvent the absence of mnk support in a game. if you want to support mnk then simply put native support like fortnite does. there is a reason why developers to this day don't do that. I think the overwatch devs know mnk is superior as well yet they still had their stance on the subject of mnk emulators... and I think the same goes for DICE as well. now whether they talk about this publicly is a different question....
  • MrWenting040
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tullzter wrote: »
    Didn't we have this same discussion in the BF1 forum a while back?

Didn't we have this same discussion in the BF4 forum a while back?
  • full951
    2465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    they would definitely like to have total control of the MnK market on their platform. this is obvious. if the aren't gonna do anything about it that's their decision. nothing changes.

people will not leave ps4 to keep using their xim. that's ridiculous. please elaborate on this storm of poo poo you speak of.

like you i don't think Sony has any moral stance on it either. it's just another perifial to sell. like they have been doing for years now.

I would be extremely surprised to find out dice had some deep seeded distain for mouse and keyboard at all. they know it's the better way to play.

I'm gonna quote the Razer rep at ces when talking to max Scoville of ign about the Turret. ign asks "is this fair to the console kiddies using controller?" the Razer rep laughs and says "No, it's not. they will have to learn a controller isn't the way to play a shooter". I'd link the video but ign took it down. probably because it sorta disrespected controller users. or not. just never seen them take a video down before.

that's what it comes down to really. who is anyone to hold players back from playing how they want. I assure you if there was a better way to play shooters MnK gamers would be fine with it and try it out. console gamers are a conditioned bunch it seems.

so u agree that simply because they decide not to do anything doesn't mean they are perfectly fine with it?

it does not concern them enough to do anything about it. that's it.

what a stupid response. afaik the xim is somewhat dominant in terms of quality. if you like that why would u not switch to the other platform when a new generation of consoles comes out. or if you thought about getting a new ps4 pro anyways and xim decides to stop their support for ps4 why would u not consider getting an xbone x instead?

gotta say poo poo cuz the mods don't like the bad words. why would I not switch? there's no reason to. I'd do what anyone would do. I'd play where my games library is and where my friends are. xim supports both Xbox one and ps4.(current and last Gen) they will never stop supporting. those friggen guys archive all the support they've ever done. so their device from 10 years ago will work if you have one and need the firmware updated for a mouse and keyboard romp on the original Xbox. if I want both current and next Gen consoles then I'll get them. and xim will work with them. how do I know? next Gen is going to be backwards compatible again. meaning the new controller will work with old games(both Xbox and ps4) that means the xim will still work. if not they will develop a new xim or a firmware update. that's what they do. your made up scenario where xim doesn't work is ridiculous. it isn't gonna happen. the guy who makes it is kind of the obsessive type. he even made sure it works on a pc. why? I don't know. there's other stuff you can do with it I don't use. but you can use your xim to play mouse and keyboard on pc. believe me when I tell you this man is dedicated to his life's work.

now in the rest of the comment you talk about controller vs mnk but thst is not the subject. the subject is controller vs emulated mnk. native mnk support (despite being even better of course) is something completely different as it doesn't require the user to buy a device just to circumvent the absence of mnk support in a game. if you want to support mnk then simply put native support like fortnite does. there is a reason why developers to this day don't do that. I think the overwatch devs know mnk is superior as well yet they still had their stance on the subject of mnk emulators... and I think the same goes for DICE as well. now whether they talk about this publicly is a different question....

I am talking about emulated MnK a majority of the time. and all recent post were about it. I have not been specifying which though. it's good you understand there is a difference. most people don't.

native mouse and keyboard support just dropped with Microsoft and all the games out now were developed with paddles in mind. I doubt they want to go back thru and re work it for MnK. I would not expect to see very many retro active native mouse and keyboard updates. we probably won't see it for bfv or anything thats been in development expected 2019. I'd expect to see it more with the next cycle of games. of course all Microsoft first party titles will have it.

Devs didn't put mouse and keyboard support in the games up until recently because it just wasn't standard. they didn't count on so many people enjoying using mouse and keyboard in their games. they know now. blizz asked for support, they got it. I doubt the devs of any game will say much until they have their support ready to go.
  • enterBrainer
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    kergster wrote: »
    There are people using mouse + keyboard so you'll never be able to match their performance with a standard PS4 controller.

Depends if you consider this cheating or not.

It isnt anymore.. not since Sony licensed the Hori Tactical Pro
    Everyone is free to use mouse and keyboard nowadays.
  • enterBrainer
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Vycinas2 wrote: »
    No hacks on console. Mnk on console is not cheating seeing as ps says its ok and licenses their own to hori to make. Complete with ps logo.

can we stop spreading this bs? third party equipment that alter input violates the tos as pointed out multiple times before. Sony never made a statement that its OK. the pure fact that they distribute their own converter doesn't mean that they are OK with people using ANY converter.
    furtherly Sony isn't deciding this by themselves but it's rather relevant what both Sony and a games developer say. ultimately if dice is not ok with it, it's not OK. they make the rules for their games...

Show me where DICE said they re not ok with it

same for you... learn to read.

still waiting for you to show us. it's an easy sentence to form "mouse and keyboard is cheating" they've litterly had years to say it. or excuse me, you didn't call it cheating. but it's really the only reason to not be OK with it.

If Sony had any issue with it, they would of destroyed these small 3rd party adapter makers by now.

I Think they cant, because the signal coming from the adapter is the authentic DS4 signal.
  • enterBrainer
    stiny1838 wrote: »
    Wow lot's of poeple butt hurt over getting called out for using kb&m, it's banned at competition level as it gives an advantage over those using controllers, and using something that you know gives you an adantage over others is cheating. Simple as that.

Yeah, but in the end everyone is free to buy a Hori controller..
  • The_BERG_366
    2316 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

gotta say poo poo cuz the mods don't like the bad words. why would I not switch? there's no reason to. I'd do what anyone would do. I'd play where my games library is and where my friends are. xim supports both Xbox one and ps4.(current and last Gen) they will never stop supporting. those friggen guys archive all the support they've ever done. so their device from 10 years ago will work if you have one and need the firmware updated for a mouse and keyboard romp on the original Xbox. if I want both current and next Gen consoles then I'll get them. and xim will work with them. how do I know? next Gen is going to be backwards compatible again. meaning the new controller will work with old games(both Xbox and ps4) that means the xim will still work. if not they will develop a new xim or a firmware update. that's what they do. your made up scenario where xim doesn't work is ridiculous. it isn't gonna happen. the guy who makes it is kind of the obsessive type. he even made sure it works on a pc. why? I don't know. there's other stuff you can do with it I don't use. but you can use your xim to play mouse and keyboard on pc. believe me when I tell you this man is dedicated to his life's work.

I am talking about emulated MnK a majority of the time. and all recent post were about it. I have not been specifying which though. it's good you understand there is a difference. most people don't.

native mouse and keyboard support just dropped with Microsoft and all the games out now were developed with paddles in mind. I doubt they want to go back thru and re work it for MnK. I would not expect to see very many retro active native mouse and keyboard updates. we probably won't see it for bfv or anything thats been in development expected 2019. I'd expect to see it more with the next cycle of games. of course all Microsoft first party titles will have it.

Devs didn't put mouse and keyboard support in the games up until recently because it just wasn't standard. they didn't count on so many people enjoying using mouse and keyboard in their games. they know now. blizz asked for support, they got it. I doubt the devs of any game will say much until they have their support ready to go.

most apparently you still fail to understand what I said in my very first comment and I don't really feel like explaining it again and again. not acting doesn't imply not being concerned... but apparently you can't make such distinctions.

in your second part you again just make completely irrelevant points:
    - I made the point that some people might switch. cool if you wouldn't but its not relevant to the point
    - then the best part: u say my constructed scenario is "ridiculous". it seems that u are completely unaware of what's happening in our discussion. I constructed this scenario specifically to show you some reasons why Sony is not interested in acting against third party providers as a response to you saying that they would have acted a long time ago if they were concerned with the matter. so you fail in two ways: 1. you attack a scenario that is purely hypothetical and is only there to examine the impact of a decision as being "ridiculous" because its apparently unlikely to happen. but its not relevant if its likely or not as we just examine the hypothetical impact of a decision. 2. u say the scenario of Sony acting against these third party providers is "ridiculous" (as in it being unlikely or almost impossible) but use the argument that if Sony would be concerned they would have acted and hence caused the realisation of the scenario. that's a self contradiction.
    - it actually seems like you now just talk about the case of xim just ending their support on their own behalf. but we never talked about that. again you're all over the place and are not able to keep track of what we're discussing.

in the third part you go on about "native" mnk support for hardware or rather the OS of the console. that's not really relevant to what I said. it was about native mnk in games. you don't need "native mnk os support" for thst. fortnite on ps4 is plug and play with mnk, no "native OS support" needed.
    "their support ready to go". you are aware that it's already there in the pc build of these games. it's just a port to the console version....

you really don't seem to be able to stick to a discussion really. rather seems to me that u just write down the first thing that comes to your mind in disregard of what was said earlier.
    I don't feel like having a conversation where I have to remind you what the topic is and what was said in every comment.
    so yeah... bye
  • ragnarok013
    3218 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    You can buy hack patches on the internet. If i publish the link they probably bann me. Some players now directly where you are.I get often shoted down behind obstacles or walls. Often peoples aiming better than me with a MG on long distance. Others are capable to support several shots 5+ from a tank without dying. Headshots with snipers dont works for some players (3+ ) an they keep running. So many wird situations that i cant be sure there are no cheaters.

You can buy just about everything on the Internet these days, does that mean that it all works? Nope..
    btw if you want the best hacks out there, give me a pm and I'll give you my PayPal id and we take it from there 😉
    I'm obviously joking with the last part but put it here just in case anyone actually thinks I'm serious

@sirghislandi Regardless of your intent the promotion of hacking even in jest isn't something that is taken lightly. Please refrain from doing so in the future.

• sirghislandi
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You can buy hack patches on the internet. If i publish the link they probably bann me. Some players now directly where you are.I get often shoted down behind obstacles or walls. Often peoples aiming better than me with a MG on long distance. Others are capable to support several shots 5+ from a tank without dying. Headshots with snipers dont works for some players (3+ ) an they keep running. So many wird situations that i cant be sure there are no cheaters.

You can buy just about everything on the Internet these days, does that mean that it all works? Nope..
    btw if you want the best hacks out there, give me a pm and I'll give you my PayPal id and we take it from there 😉
    I'm obviously joking with the last part but put it here just in case anyone actually thinks I'm serious

@sirghislandi Regardless of your intent the promotion of hacking even in jest isn't something that is taken lightly. Please refrain from doing so in the future.

Thought it wouldn't be a problem when I explained it was a joke but I was wrong and it won't happen again 😊
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

This is exactly what is happening currently in Fortnite and will happen in any future game that will allow native M&K.
    War Thunder has PC and PS4 cross play all on the same servers regardless of what control type you use and keyboard and mouse are natively supported.
  • full951

most apparently you still fail to understand what I said in my very first comment and I don't really feel like explaining it again and again. not acting doesn't imply not being concerned... but apparently you can't make such distinctions.

in your second part you again just make completely irrelevant points:
    - I made the point that some people might switch. cool if you wouldn't but its not relevant to the point
    - then the best part: u say my constructed scenario is "ridiculous". it seems that u are completely unaware of what's happening in our discussion. I constructed this scenario specifically to show you some reasons why Sony is not interested in acting against third party providers as a response to you saying that they would have acted a long time ago if they were concerned with the matter. so you fail in two ways: 1. you attack a scenario that is purely hypothetical and is only there to examine the impact of a decision as being "ridiculous" because its apparently unlikely to happen. but its not relevant if its likely or not as we just examine the hypothetical impact of a decision. 2. u say the scenario of Sony acting against these third party providers is "ridiculous" (as in it being unlikely or almost impossible) but use the argument that if Sony would be concerned they would have acted and hence caused the realisation of the scenario. that's a self contradiction.
    - it actually seems like you now just talk about the case of xim just ending their support on their own behalf. but we never talked about that. again you're all over the place and are not able to keep track of what we're discussing.

in the third part you go on about "native" mnk support for hardware or rather the OS of the console. that's not really relevant to what I said. it was about native mnk in games. you don't need "native mnk os support" for thst. fortnite on ps4 is plug and play with mnk, no "native OS support" needed.
    "their support ready to go". you are aware that it's already there in the pc build of these games. it's just a port to the console version....

you really don't seem to be able to stick to a discussion really. rather seems to me that u just write down the first thing that comes to your mind in disregard of what was said earlier.
    I don't feel like having a conversation where I have to remind you what the topic is and what was said in every comment.
    so yeah... bye

you didn't read anything I said. you're the one going off track so I went with you. everything you've said is irrelevant: mouse and keyboard is here. it's not going anywhere. neither is controller. we all will get to use what we want same as always.
  • DonSharkito
    796 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17
    DCSTomcat wrote: »

This is exactly what is happening currently in Fortnite and will happen in any future game that will allow native M&K.
    War Thunder has PC and PS4 cross play all on the same servers regardless of what control type you use and keyboard and mouse are natively supported.

Seriously?

Is War Thunder a shooter? Maybe think a bit about the context of the discussion and the topic before posting nonsense...Maybe Barbie dressing simulator allows as well crossplay with any type of input in the same servers... Who cares?

But you won't find any successful FPS doing that and for a very good reason.

Jeez, this is exactly one of the reasons I post very rarely nowadays on this forum.

The level of discussions is so low and people's reading skills and comprehension + argumentation is trash.

No wonder that even Dice don't come to this forum and never leave replies to this kind of specimen.

If I was working on this game I would also make sure to never visit this forum like them.
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17
    DCSTomcat wrote: »

Seriously?

Is War Thunder a shooter? Maybe think a bit about the context of the discussion and the topic before posting nonsense...Maybe Barbie dressing simulator allows as well crossplay with any type of input in the same servers... Who cares?

But you won't find any successful FPS doing that and for a very good reason.

Jeez, this is exactly one of the reasons I post very rarely nowadays on this forum.

The level of discussions is so low and people's reading skills and comprehension + argumentation is trash.

No wonder that even Dice don't come to this forum and never leave replies to this kind of specimen.

If I was working on this game I would also make sure to never visit this forum like them.
    It is a a vehicular shooter and with mouse aim planes fly to where you point the circle with your mouse, controller users are at a huge disadvantage. I don't even need to go into the tank controls. So it practically is a FPS/TPS, especially arcade battles and realistic battles modes. Please do not insult people if you have not planed the game.
  • stiny1838
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

No because they don't change the way the car or plane handles they are purely for better immersion, using a m&kb does give advantages like faster target acquisition and the abillity to adad spam while you keep your sights locked on your opponents head.
  • stiny1838
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    making separate lobbies just for controllers does raise an issue: the reason they got rid of the season pass was to stop splitting up the player base. all that does is re create the problem they just got rid of. they gave up a stream of income from premium pass to cosmetics. to maximize the viability of the in game store, keeping a large pool of players available to it as long as possible would mean not splitting them up.
    worried that you will no longer have an advantage if they make separate lobbies.
  • PrairieGeek
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well if things continue they will lost more players. I don't know if this was a modded controller to shoot this fast or a PC cheater with a macro but a recon gun putting 5+ shots in under 2 seconds ? Not a name and shame, I captured this so I could replay it and count the shots.
  • ElliotLH
    8382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17
    Well if things continue they will lost more players. I don't know if this was a modded controller to shoot this fast or a PC cheater with a macro but a recon gun putting 5+ shots in under 2 seconds ? Not a name and shame, I captured this so I could replay it and count the shots.

That DMR does shoot fast (150rpm or something) but it kind of looks like they simply got the last hit in. Could be wrong though as I didn't slow the video down or anything.

Modded controllers can't exceed the hard fire rate cap anyway so all they'd be able to do is fire at the max rate.