Do we have cheaters?

Comments

• PrairieGeek
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

That DMR does shoot fast (150rpm or something) but it kind of looks like they simply got the last hit in. Could be wrong though as I didn't slow the video down or anything.

Modded controllers can't exceed the hard fire rate cap anyway so all they'd be able to do is fire at the max rate.

Ya, see that is my question. I noticed that the hit markers and the audio don't seem to match up. I counted something like 6 shots audio but the hit markers looked like 3. I believe that rifle should be a 3 hit kill. but you can only see the markers if you slow it down. full speed it looks like I got nailed all at once. Only the audio gave away multiple shots.

Just blew me away (literally) at how fast it was. Reaction time from him to me dead was 2.5 seconds. My latency has been above 60 always on this game. Not on others. PS4, but this game is bad. I am assuming that the other player saw me before I saw him. I didn't think to hit the scoreboard to compare connection info.
  • full951
    2456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    stiny1838 wrote: »
    would using a joystick for a flying game or a steering wheel for a driving game be considered cheating?

No because they don't change the way the car or plane handles they are purely for better immersion, using a m&kb does give advantages like faster target acquisition and the abillity to adad spam while you keep your sights locked on your opponents head.

using mouse and keyboard with an emulators does not change the way character movement handles. MnK does not give the advantage of faster target acquisition. it does not change the rules, it does not change the speed. it does not. give adad spam to any degree more than a controller can do it. it does not change the rules or speed. it does not lock on to anything. there is no aim assist or lock abilities added.
  • full951
    2456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »
    making separate lobbies just for controllers does raise an issue: the reason they got rid of the season pass was to stop splitting up the player base. all that does is re create the problem they just got rid of. they gave up a stream of income from premium pass to cosmetics. to maximize the viability of the in game store, keeping a large pool of players available to it as long as possible would mean not splitting them up.
    worried that you will no longer have an advantage if they make separate lobbies.

shaking in my boots
  • The_BERG_366
    2306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17
    Well if things continue they will lost more players. I don't know if this was a modded controller to shoot this fast or a PC cheater with a macro but a recon gun putting 5+ shots in under 2 seconds ? Not a name and shame, I captured this so I could replay it and count the shots.

I think what you hear shooting there is a Turner smle or a Gewehre 43...its not the guy that killed u but the guy right besides him. the ZH dude only did the final shot, main damage was by the sturmgeweher dude.
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well if things continue they will lost more players. I don't know if this was a modded controller to shoot this fast or a PC cheater with a macro but a recon gun putting 5+ shots in under 2 seconds ? Not a name and shame, I captured this so I could replay it and count the shots.

That DMR does shoot fast (150rpm or something) but it kind of looks like they simply got the last hit in. Could be wrong though as I didn't slow the video down or anything.

Modded controllers can't exceed the hard fire rate cap anyway so all they'd be able to do is fire at the max rate.

I saw muzzle flash 2-3 times, so if he landed his shots the rest is history. Pointless hackusation.
  • ElliotLH
    8193 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Ya, see that is my question. I noticed that the hit markers and the audio don't seem to match up. I counted something like 6 shots audio but the hit markers looked like 3. I believe that rifle should be a 3 hit kill. but you can only see the markers if you slow it down. full speed it looks like I got nailed all at once. Only the audio gave away multiple shots.

Just blew me away (literally) at how fast it was. Reaction time from him to me dead was 2.5 seconds. My latency has been above 60 always on this game. Not on others. PS4, but this game is bad. I am assuming that the other player saw me before I saw him. I didn't think to hit the scoreboard to compare connection info.

The ZH-29 is a two hit kill rifle dude - love that gun lol. Could it be the TTD bug I wonder?
  • PrairieGeek
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    would using a joystick for a flying game or a steering wheel for a driving game be considered cheating?

No because they don't change the way the car or plane handles they are purely for better immersion, using a m&kb does give advantages like faster target acquisition and the abillity to adad spam while you keep your sights locked on your opponents head.

using mouse and keyboard with an emulators does not change the way character movement handles. MnK does not give the advantage of faster target acquisition. it does not change the rules, it does not change the speed. it does not. give adad spam to any degree more than a controller can do it. it does not change the rules or speed. it does not lock on to anything. there is no aim assist or lock abilities added.

It does sort of feel more natural in that instead of pushing a stick to move the reticle to the target you are moving your hand to the target. When I played PC I did a lot better than I do on console. But aside from that (which is totally my opinion) there is no advantage. In fact if you do a real direct comparison of MnK on PS4 to MnK on PC you will most likely find a disadvantage on PS4 because of the driver and firmware lag that is present because you have to have some sort of translator because a PC is designed for those inputs natively and PS4 doesn't.
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

It does sort of feel more natural in that instead of pushing a stick to move the reticle to the target you are moving your hand to the target. When I played PC I did a lot better than I do on console. But aside from that (which is totally my opinion) there is no advantage. In fact if you do a real direct comparison of MnK on PS4 to MnK on PC you will most likely find a disadvantage on PS4 because of the driver and firmware lag that is present because you have to have some sort of translator because a PC is designed for those inputs natively and PS4 doesn't.

At least someone speaks sense here in this pointless discussion. Bad players will always find a reason to blame something for their own incompetence. They think if you use mnk it turns you into super aiming and destroyer god, but they fail to understand that all this mnk does is just emulates the controller input, its pretty much a controller with different layout and mouse, nothing compared to raw input of the mouse on PC.
  • full951

it does give you a better handle on controlling the crosshairs no doubt. but people like to say it's faster. it's not. emulators operate at the same speed.
  • stiny1838
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

im not talking about an actual lock on but it does allow you to hover the pointer on the head while adad spamming, that is a great deal harder on controller and since aiming is just a matter of point and click target acquisition is faster. and where did i say m&kb changed the character movement or speed, another strike against your reading ability.
  • PrairieGeek

The ZH-29 is a two hit kill rifle dude - love that gun lol. Could it be the TTD bug I wonder?

Thanks, I thought it was 3. I do believe in the TTD bug but more I believe in the networking issues. I have a constant 60+ latency, as high 100 in the US. Always. It isn't my network. Guaranteed. I work in software from home and I have designed, installed, and tested the whole network. I read that they are using AWS to host the servers. So I am guessing east coast and west coast data centers meaning folks like myself in the middle of the country can go pound sand. I have noticed a lot more ping related issues since this update. A lot of ghost players, you know where he is in one place then a split second later he is 10ft away or they rubberband back and forth in a 5ft circle. I don't think they have deployed enough servers to handle the load and that has more to do with it than TTD.
  • PrairieGeek
    Vycinas2 wrote: »

I saw muzzle flash 2-3 times, so if he landed his shots the rest is history. Pointless hackusation.

Sorry I worded that as a hackusation. I was trying to understand how it fired with what seemed like full auto speed. With the horrible lee enfield bolt rifle I have avoided recon, which used to be one of my most played classes. So I am no where near unlocking a decent one. I guess if that thing can be run through that quickly then maybe it would be worth the grind. guess he has some fast fingers.

• BA2VGT
    179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DCSTomcat wrote: »
    DCSTomcat wrote: »

This is exactly what is happening currently in Fortnite and will happen in any future game that will allow native M&K.
    War Thunder has PC and PS4 cross play all on the same servers regardless of what control type you use and keyboard and mouse are natively supported.

Seriously?

Is War Thunder a shooter? Maybe think a bit about the context of the discussion and the topic before posting nonsense...Maybe Barbie dressing simulator allows as well crossplay with any type of input in the same servers... Who cares?

But you won't find any successful FPS doing that and for a very good reason.

Jeez, this is exactly one of the reasons I post very rarely nowadays on this forum.

The level of discussions is so low and people's reading skills and comprehension + argumentation is trash.

No wonder that even Dice don't come to this forum and never leave replies to this kind of specimen.

If I was working on this game I would also make sure to never visit this forum like them.
    It is a a vehicular shooter and with mouse aim planes fly to where you point the circle with your mouse, controller users are at a huge disadvantage. I don't even need to go into the tank controls. So it practically is a FPS/TPS, especially arcade battles and realistic battles modes. Please do not insult people if you have not planed the game.

You are invalidating your own point...have you even played War Thunder?

I have on both PC and PS4...it's an absolute joke. Even on a game that is totally not a twitch shooter, playing on PC is a straight up faceroll.

I played on and off for a few months, several times having a friend come over and play on the PS4 while I was on my PC at the same time. I was a total noob at the game, but it was a total cheesefest on the PC when going against PS4 guys.

Literally my stats were twice as good on PC. you could aim directly at hatches/turret seams/specific weak parts on PC, even at long range. On PS4 you would be lucky to get a hit, let alone aim at a specific part.

It's an all out fallacy to believe you don't have a HUGE advantage with a M&K vs controller. If you did not, XIM wouldn't exsist. The BS with "I just can't use controllers, I'm used to M&K" is just that... BS. Of COURSE you aren't as good with a controller as you are with a M&K...it is literally physically impossible to be as good.

The only saving grace is no native support, making XIM etc wonky and definitely not like a real M&K on a PC. If it was, just like WT, you would faceroll the controller guys. There is no way you can honestly say two equally skilled players would still be equal with one running a controller.

It's like you guys think we have never played a PC game. Until the online cheating got so bad I was an exclusive PC FPS player. I haven't played in years, and I know after a week or two of practice I would win 10/10 firefights with someone of equal skill on a controller.

Prove me wrong...show me one competitive FPS event where M&K users are playing against controller users...it doesn't exsist.
  • full951

im not talking about an actual lock on but it does allow you to hover the pointer on the head while adad spamming, that is a great deal harder on controller and since aiming is just a matter of point and click target acquisition is faster. and where did i say m&kb changed the character movement or speed, another strike against your reading ability.

for the adad spam, there are settings in the game that allow for "better" adad spam. check under Controller Tuning, settings called max input threshold. set it low. there you go. "adad spam" with sticks. also analog stick is superior to wasd. much finer control to be had than instant full speed in only 8 directions. that's why you see game pads with analog sticks and xim users using the Sony nav in their left hand. the "pointer" in the game is the same for everyone. hovering at any specific height while moving left and right is trivial to any experience player, you know that. point and click? sure, stick and click.

you implied the change in speed on top of out right saying target acquisition is faster. it's not, its the same. you do get better control the rest is up to the player and everyones' speed to target acquisition will vary greatly the same as using sticks. I said the rest out of completeness. this is the internet, if you leave it out, people will point it out.
  • stiny1838
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

At least someone speaks sense here in this pointless discussion. Bad players will always find a reason to blame something for their own incompetence. They think if you use mnk it turns you into super aiming and destroyer god, but they fail to understand that all this mnk does is just emulates the controller input, its pretty much a controller with different layout and mouse, nothing compared to raw input of the mouse on PC.

if it is such a pointless discussion why do you still feel the need repeatedly take part in it, and how exactly does making comments on the place of m&kb on console make me a bad player yet your inability to use a controller is ok. i came from playing pc games but i still manage to finish near the top of the scoreboard using a controller so maybe you are the one suffering from incompetence.
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17
    @BA2VGT

OK, so first you said game, then you changed it to FPS game, and finally you changed it further to competitive FPS, LMAO.

I was just giving you an example that there is a game that put controller users against mouse users. I only play War Thunder on PC cause as I started out on PC two and half years before it was released on PS4 and they do not allow you to use the same account on PS4. It's also one of the few games that I don't mind playing on PC because it's completely server-side, making it impossible to cheat and not get detected.
    Post edited by DCSTomcat on
  • Vycinas2

if it is such a pointless discussion why do you still feel the need repeatedly take part in it, and how exactly does making comments on the place of m&kb on console make me a bad player yet your inability to use a controller is ok. i came from playing pc games but i still manage to finish near the top of the scoreboard using a controller so maybe you are the one suffering from incompetence.

Who said I am incapable to use controller ? At the moment if I m playing for longer i have to use tac hori (due to injury to my thumb), I do just as well with ds4 as I do with hori so it makes zero difference who is using what. I myself come from competitive side of PC gaming, 9 years dedicated to CS1.6

I have tons of clips of me playing with controller, I can show it to you if you dont believe me.
  • stiny1838

for the adad spam, there are settings in the game that allow for "better" adad spam. check under Controller Tuning, settings called max input threshold. set it low. there you go. "adad spam" with sticks. also analog stick is superior to wasd. much finer control to be had than instant full speed in only 8 directions. that's why you see game pads with analog sticks and xim users using the Sony nav in their left hand. the "pointer" in the game is the same for everyone. hovering at any specific height while moving left and right is trivial to any experience player, you know that. point and click? sure, stick and click.

you implied the change in speed on top of out right saying target acquisition is faster. it's not, its the same. you do get better control the rest is up to the player and everyones' speed to target acquisition will vary greatly the same as using sticks. I said the rest out of completeness. this is the internet, if you leave it out, people will point it out.

ok i mistook the speed comment as movement speed my bad, but on that note a mouse gives better control over faster aim settings and that in turn means faster target acquisition.
  • ElliotLH
    8193 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Thanks, I thought it was 3. I do believe in the TTD bug but more I believe in the networking issues. I have a constant 60+ latency, as high 100 in the US. Always. It isn't my network. Guaranteed. I work in software from home and I have designed, installed, and tested the whole network. I read that they are using AWS to host the servers. So I am guessing east coast and west coast data centers meaning folks like myself in the middle of the country can go pound sand. I have noticed a lot more ping related issues since this update. A lot of ghost players, you know where he is in one place then a split second later he is 10ft away or they rubberband back and forth in a 5ft circle. I don't think they have deployed enough servers to handle the load and that has more to do with it than TTD.

It went up to three if you hit a limb or sonething during the TTK change if memory serves. Like you I doubt it's got anything to do with your setup and is more likely to be a game or server issue, as you suggest.
  • full951

ok i mistook the speed comment as movement speed my bad, but on that note a mouse gives better control over faster aim settings and that in turn means faster target acquisition.

it seems you are aware that using the emulators, one must max out the in game settings. this leads to the misconception that emulator users all play at max or very high sensitivity. this is not true. setting the games' sensitivity to max is a point of calibration. they use an app to control the sensitivity for the emulator. the reality is users play a wide range of sensitivity settings comparable to that of any controller user. some like it slow others like it fast and everything in between (that what she said). having your sensitivity low as possible is recommended because this gives you the most control. essentially the higher the sensitivity the less your control/accuracy. this is not how it is with native control on pc where you get both. you have to balance what you want out of it with in the laws of physics the game and ultimately the controller allow for... which is exactly what you do using the controller right?

there are other factors involved that complicate this, but know that if you were to max out the emulators' sensitivity, in most cases including bfv, that would be insane and literally beyond control. the max is 500. I play at 40~. that's just a number that's relative to the maximum potential speed. it becomes uncontrollable before 200, well be for the max of 500. there are ways to Raise that number but it's all relative. I'd just be simulating the same sensitivity