Do we have cheaters?

Comments

• plasticman883
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 17
    If by cheaters you include mouse and keyboard players? Loads of them.
  • BA2VGT
    179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DCSTomcat wrote: »
    @BA2VGT

OK, so first you said game, then you changed it to FPS game, and finally you changed it further to competitive FPS, LMAO.

I was just giving you an example that there is a game that put controller users against mouse users. I only play War Thunder on PC cause as I started out on PC two and half years before it was released on PS4 and they do not allow you to use the same account on PS4. It's also one of the few games that I don't mind playing on PC because it's completely server-side, making it impossible to cheat and not get detected.

Yes, I did talk about three specific and different things regarding this topic, non of which invalidate the other.

And again, yes, WT is an example...an example of a cross platform game where M&K gamers have a massive faceroll advatange over controller users.

WT is literally proof of both how cross platform play makes unbalanced play, and how a native M&K support setup creates a massive advantage when paired with controllers.

I have zero doubt an experienced mid skill level M&K user (if there was native support) could go up against the top PS4/XB1 players in the world and come out on top, if not easily win. It's too fast, too accurate, and too easy to use vs a controller.
  • BiscuitFrenzy
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mouse and keyboard on a console sounds like the worst of both worlds.
  • 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The only form of cheating you are ever going to find on the PS4's closed system are mouse and keyboard users that emulate controllers. There are developers that have actively tried to combat this, specifically those that have cross platform on their games. Since this game doesn't have that high of a player count, putting them all together in the same server(s) probably isn't feasible. If it was up to me, I would just ban all of them and/or force them to use a controller. Given the way the landscape of gaming is going between platforms and the change of companies like Sony's stances on it, we will probably see M&K console uses get put with PC users on the next BF game.
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    The only form of cheating you are ever going to find on the PS4's closed system are mouse and keyboard users that emulate controllers. There are developers that have actively tried to combat this, specifically those that have cross platform on their games. Since this game doesn't have that high of a player count, putting them all together in the same server(s) probably isn't feasible. If it was up to me, I would just ban all of them and/or force them to use a controller. Given the way the landscape of gaming is going between platforms and the change of companies like Sony's stances on it, we will probably see M&K console uses get put with PC users on the next BF game.

And how would you know as a player who is MnK or not ? Accuse much ?
  • Karnage75
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Usually the side shuffling snipers that are laser accurate, have to crutch on mnk. But that's about as close as it gets unless you count the laggers.
  • IamSoSorry59
    161 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I cheat, removed the battery from my controller so it aint shaking anymore.
  • sirghislandi
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Mine isn't shaking either but I just turned it off.

On a side note I might be "cheating" with something else. My R2 button didn't function 100% so I fixed it by putting some extra plastic in there and don't have to push the button as far as before to get the weapons to fire 😉
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

On a side note I might be "cheating" with something else. My R2 button didn't function 100% so I fixed it by putting some extra plastic in there and don't have to push the button as far as before to get the weapons to fire 😉

Or you can put a small screw behind and it will act as trigger stop but according to some of these posters, its cheating too.
  • sirghislandi
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Vycinas2 wrote: »

Or you can put a small screw behind and it will act as trigger stop but according to some of these posters, its cheating too.

It can probably help with faster firing rate but it wouldn't help with R2 button not giving full input, at least not with how it was with my controller
  • ps_865
    359 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M&k apologetics logic: I dont cheat if I sneak rocks in my boximg gloves, because you can do so too
  • full951
    2453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MnK opposers : it isn't cheating so we have to try hard at every point to associate real cheating with it.
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 20
    LOL. Why are we keep on focusing on KnM as cheating while there are people using devices like cronusmax and titan ones and twos to run all kinds of cheating scripts?
  • JCN66
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 20
    LOL. Why are we keep on focusing on KnM as cheating while there are people using devices like cronusmax and titan ones and twos to run all kinds of cheating scripts?

Good question. Just a few post backwards there is guy who wrote “The only form of cheating you are ever going to find on the PS4's closed system are mouse and keyboard users that emulate controllers”. Level of many of these posts are simply quite low.
  • Dinoboats
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just played a game of conquest today on the PS4 and witnessed a indestructible enemy player killing people with a handgun. I saw my squad mate unload a full clip from the lewis gun directly into his back plus another two players doing the same watching his body twitching as the rounds hit, only for him to turn around and shoot two of them with his handgun. All this happened at about ten feet away. I then threw an incendiary grenade on him with a direct hit for it to do absolutely nothing and followed it up with a full clip from the Suomi (50 rounds) at close range and of course nothing again! Only to see him running off shooting his pistol at more of our team. Even a tank was was laying down fire on him with no effect. That's when I thought enough is enough and quit!
    If that's not cheating then something very strange was happening.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12817 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    There are no cheats on current gen consoles.

The PS4 and the XBONE run proprietary software which means they are closed systems.

AFAIK, Having an alternate input ( M&KB with Xim ) is not "cheating" as they are usually just mimicking controller inputs and have input lag as a result of going through a passthrough system.
  • Dinoboats
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 20
    There are no cheats on current gen consoles.

The PS4 and the XBONE run proprietary software which means they are closed systems.

AFAIK, Having an alternate input ( M&KB with Xim ) is not "cheating" as they are usually just mimicking controller inputs and have input lag as a result of going through a passthrough system.

Something very strange was happening then as this is the first time that I've witnessed something like this so blatantly. I wish I could have recorded it (not sure how on the PS4 being a casual gamer) . I also mentioned in the general discussion forum about a V1 rocket disappearing into the ground as well (like the ammo/medic crates) a few games previously.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12817 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Yeah I've seen the V1 rocket disappearing bug on the PC too.

If somebody is invulnerable, It won't be a cheat or anything untoward, It'll be something blocking the shots like a piece of cover not being rendered giving you the impression they're out in the open.
  • full951
    2453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dinoboats wrote: »
    I just played a game of conquest today on the PS4 and witnessed a indestructible enemy player killing people with a handgun. I saw my squad mate unload a full clip from the lewis gun directly into his back plus another two players doing the same watching his body twitching as the rounds hit, only for him to turn around and shoot two of them with his handgun. All this happened at about ten feet away. I then threw an incendiary grenade on him with a direct hit for it to do absolutely nothing and followed it up with a full clip from the Suomi (50 rounds) at close range and of course nothing again! Only to see him running off shooting his pistol at more of our team. Even a tank was was laying down fire on him with no effect. That's when I thought enough is enough and quit!
    If that's not cheating then something very strange was happening.

sounds like network issues. the game server just not confirming or even receiving hits. but on your end your machine did it's half but the game server never did its half
  • full951

imo scripts ride a thin line. some scripts are just quality of life and others out right cheating and others still exist in a Grey area.

I do believe that as MnK becomes more popular on console and game genres that use scripts to a much heavier degree traditionally(non shooters) , these games will introduce scripts to console gamers and they will realize it enhances their experience and it won't have such a negative appeal in time.

here's an example of a quality of life script in bfv. we all know calling in a rocket strike is super temperamental. a script could me made to call a strike in with a press of a single key. is it cheating? or is it cutting out the frustrating temperament of the com rose wheel?