Weather Question

V4NILLABE4R
315 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
In BF1 the weather effects were not had by all on the server (as in I would be in a sandstorm but everyone else saw for miles), or at least I'm sure I read that somewhere...

Is it the same for blizzards and storms this time around? Seems unfair to handicap some players and not others for the sake of some fancy graphical showcasing...

Comments

• RedPille
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    As far as i know this time the weather is the same for everyone.
  • V4NILLABE4R
    315 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    RedPille wrote: »
    As far as i know this time the weather is the same for everyone.

Thank goodness.
  • Aircool_212
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Time to get out your tin-foil hat. At the core of the game there's a little bit of AI attempting to keep you winning and losing at the right ratio to keep you from quitting and buying a different game. If the AI thinks you're going to get bored from having successful and entertaining games, it will feed you into the mincer, stick you in a game with other people who need a kicking against a team full of people that, if they don't get a win, are likely to quit.

Ever had one of those games where you've almost had enough, but you're suddenly on fire, getting awesome headshots and fighting battles like something out of the matrix? Sure you have, and then you feel like having another game and another game...

...but then, have you ever had one of those games where you can't hit a cows backside with a banjo? Constantly getting shot or bombed milliseconds after you spawn? Normally you'd quit in frustration, but for some reason, you're determined to have one more go. Everything will be different next round, you'll be back on form... You just need to play one more round...

EA created (and patented) a little bit of AI which acts and behaves just like a drug dealer...
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Weather effects like bodies are server side now not client so it's the same for all players.