This Week in Battlefield V - December 10th

Comments

• Zuddybear
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "We also have a minor update scheduled for release as well as other exciting news you won’t want to miss"

What are these exciting news?
  • EA_Alexander
    542 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
    edited December 2018
    The update is being rolled out as we speak, check our website: https://www.ea.com/battlefield for update notes after 11am UTC.

Post edited by EA_Alexander on
  • ACS_SB4lifeNL
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So no restoring the fighters asap it seems, great just great 15 gb useless assignment/rat helm patch, nice helmet btw how is a soldier supposed to see trough it? Lame **** design
  • XUSFX
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Welp my chatlog is still broken
  • Beat_Mangler80
    512 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Custom servers now or people will get more and more annoyed as every day passes.
    Just get it done no excuses.
  • Beat_Mangler80
    512 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The update is being rolled out as we speak, check our website: https://www.ea.com/battlefield for update notes after 11am UTC.

Many thanks for the heads up!!
    It's really helpful to know when these are rolling out, nobody likes sitting down to play only to be met with an hour or two download.
  • EA_Alexander
    542 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
    So no restoring the fighters asap it seems, great just great 15 gb useless assignment/rat helm patch, nice helmet btw how is a soldier supposed to see trough it? Lame **** design

We've heard the feedback around fighter planes from the community and definitely passed it along.

As for the helm - thanks for sharing your thoughts on this =) We're fully aware that not every customization item might be to everyone's liking, but these rewards are part of the weekly missions and you'll definitely be able to find something interesting for yourself throughout the Tides of War.
  • Aircool_212
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    1.Fix enemy footsteps. Accuracy is essential in fps's
    2.Fix mantleling, always getting stuck in windows. Was much more fluid in BF1
    3.Fix ammo crate from falling through the environment.
    4. Texture pop ins are horrible on Xbox one x

Texture pop in is pretty bad on the PC as well if you're driving a fast vehicle.
  • ACS_SB4lifeNL
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

We've heard the feedback around fighter planes from the community and definitely passed it along.

As for the helm - thanks for sharing your thoughts on this =) We're fully aware that not every customization item might be to everyone's liking, but these rewards are part of the weekly missions and you'll definitely be able to find something interesting for yourself throughout the Tides of War.

Oh i'm sure of that :) I'll keep my eyes peeled for a good update, it's just that some changes that are made are pretty unbalanced now, and it takes the team quite a while to restore it. and theres been little info on what the changes are gonna be so we just gotta keep having fate. Some people play the battlefield series for over a decade, and i don't really feel they are being heard, remember that those people have thousands of hours, and probably has way more experience on the battlefield than the people who spend less than 10 hours don't liking the game complaining and, leaving the veteran players with a unbalanced mess. More research into a certain situation is required, so that people won't be anoyed this much in the first place, do smaller tweaks and investigate into the situation. Battlefield series these days only last for a year , and we all wan't to have fun on the battlefield and don't be put trough this, all the time. Anyways beside all that anoyance the game is still a blast, i guess a love/hate relation with battlefield is for a life time ^^ Really hoping on some good changes and a option for squadmate to spawn on Blenheim. Thanks for the response and good luck for the team fixxing this mess ;)
  • H8mEx13
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Thank you for responding, but we really cannot do anything with that statement. To me and many others the fighter changes are game breaking. If we do not get a statement, I and many people I know, will cancel their EA Premiere Subscriptions.

Please just tell us what we can expect? Next Week? 2020? I mean it's pretty much changing a couple of values for the fighters and the aa tanks. Why is that not fixed in todays update and why is nobody telling us when we can expect the fix?
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1.Fix enemy footsteps. Accuracy is essential in fps's
    2.Fix mantleling, always getting stuck in windows. Was much more fluid in BF1
    3.Fix ammo crate from falling through the environment.
    4. Texture pop ins are horrible on Xbox one x

Texture pop in is pretty bad on the PC as well if you're driving a fast vehicle.

Yeah it's ridiculous. Texture load ins are bad while we're at the character screen butter they're worse when I'm in a match and some of the trees look like they're from Mario on the Nintendo 2ds.

I thought Dice learned they're lesson with BF1 releasing more polished than any BF before it BUT nope...........I am definitely not preordering another BF game again. I'll play the beta and keep my eyes on it to see what the masses say before I squeeze the trigger on it next time.
  • 855MP
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    When are you going to stop messing with my characters and load outs? My characters still change gender randomly and i keep my loadouts the same for axis and allies but you keep changing them! Once we have our characters and loadouts set STOP MESSING WITH THEM!!!!!
  • EA_Alexander
    H8mEx13 wrote: »

Thank you for responding, but we really cannot do anything with that statement. To me and many others the fighter changes are game breaking. If we do not get a statement, I and many people I know, will cancel their EA Premiere Subscriptions.

Please just tell us what we can expect? Next Week? 2020? I mean it's pretty much changing a couple of values for the fighters and the aa tanks. Why is that not fixed in todays update and why is nobody telling us when we can expect the fix?

If I could confirm something like this I would do so in my previous post. I know it's frustrating, but all I can say is that we're reviewing the feedback.
  • TaoTeK79
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    What about the ADS bug with the Lewis Gun with the standard sight?

https://ibb.co/x5n44yq

The V1 Rocket glitch when you want to look through the binoculars u get black screen. Have to press L1 & L2 again to fix that.

They fixed the auto spawn. but now when you want to customize your weapon before the match start you constantly get kicked out of the menu while busy changing the loadout. Have to re-enter the load-out every time.
  • ShidderMcGavin
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    danmotoxx wrote: »

[*] Last Chance – Chapter 1: Overture 1st Weekly Mission: Attrition & Fortifications – You have until Thursday, December 13th at 00:00 UTC to complete the first weekly mission in order to unlock priority access to the VGO MMG (will be available for purchase with Company Coin later if you miss the boat). ]

So if you are unable to unlock ToW items due to assignments not tracking as intended, mechanics like fortifications or crates not working properly, or the game just simply failing to unlock your earned reward... dont worry, we can BUY the item with CC later? The same CC we arent earning? At probably excessive prices?

Really?

I hope these issues are either addressed soon enough for players to earn their rewards, or the deadline is extended.

• H8mEx13
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    H8mEx13 wrote: »

If I could confirm something like this I would do so in my previous post. I know it's frustrating, but all I can say is that we're reviewing the feedback.

I don't blame you personally for this. You at least talk to us. All we heard is that you took our feedback. I personally planned to play BFV for the holidays. Now I don't even know if I need to find something else to do. Maybe drive somewhere doing vacation? I know you can't tell us anything. But maybe the DICE bosses can decide to at least give us a time frame or tell us that the changes could be there in a hotfix which comes in the next week. Even though I am very frustrated right now i appreciate the conversation. The updates come frequent and you keep us informed, this is way more we can expect from other developers. But please try to be a little bit more transparent on what we can expect. I think most ppl are fine if you say the update can come at this point and you then tell us you couldn't make it because of reasons. Then we at least know it comes a week or two later. Now we are just sitting here in the dark, not knowing what to do with ourselves. If the changes come next year, then I need to scrap my holiday plannings. :(
  • Panzerkeks85
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

Thank you for the update but what about the company coin and the EoR report error? This has become unbearable. I just want to to get a clear after match report and my regular company coins. Right now it's beyond broken and totally random. At least provide some information on how company coins are intended to work, how much you should receive with a regular match and so on. Thank you!
  • Aerros11
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Stealth Gameplay Fixes
    - Players no longer get spotted on the mini-map after killing an enemy.
    - Fixed an issue where high-level Recon players lost access to the Throwing Knife.

Please champion to add:

A Proper Hardcore
    j4t4gls.png

Pick Up Thrown Knives
    xxaGG9O.png

Motion Leaning/Freelook
    yZxT6sy.jpg
    SqwDMMH.jpg
    9g0dppfdqq021.gif

Suppressors
    gEscf9J.jpg

Patch for Spawn Screen Cheating
    54xY7xh.jpg

Post edited by Aerros11 on
  • tony_bortolotto
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Please come back with the service stars for guns and HARD progression to classes. In old battlefields was really difficult to earn max level in the classes or a vehicle and it was really rewarding. Pushing to service star 100 with a weapon was a good challenge to keep playin the game; today, there's nothing to do when reaching "level" 10 and gold skin
  • xDEATHCORPSE666
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    need to fix time to switch weapons, the animations for standing from prone etc all take too long, a tank round at point blank range won't kill a guy but a pistol or smg from across the map will? this absolutely needs fixing, same with lmg's and anti aircraft guns do the samething….all these should be instant kill if hit with them! smg's are not ranged weapons and therefore should be nerfed to reality. load times are ridiculous and make this game broken! there should never ever be these kinds of problems with Any game at release, but then again it goes to show just how much fortitude and integrity these developers and distributors really have. This could be a very great game but problems like this is what brings it down.