TTK 1.0 is dead, TTK 2.0 is live tomorrow

Comments

• trip1ex
    5228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    fakemon64 wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    herodes87 wrote: »
    Getting rid of attrition would be the next step in reducing the defensive meta and making it a more skilled series again.

Because actually conserving ammo and only engaging smart targets just sucks the skill out of the game right?

This Game doesn't take Skill at all. Attrition is a big big failure. You can avoid that so easily. On every flag you find supply Stations it makes medics and Supports Not do there Job right.

I just can't bring myself to see how the attrition system makes the game take less skill. Sure it doesn't take skill to get ammo, but imo it takes skill to manage your ammo. Takes more skill to wisely choose targets than it does to spray at everything.

Still gotta manage your ammo. No matter how many clips you get, there is only so much ammo per clip and a reload can make or break you in an encounter.

Also in any encounter you gotta kill the enemy before they kill you. This means you're already trying to use as few bullets as you possibly can which means everyone was already managing their ammo as best as they could when we had 4 clips instead of 2.

Also was always smart to not engage every target no matter what. For one thing it gives away your position. Second, in terms of objectives some targets are worth more than others so always made sense to prioritize.

Thus to me the effect of attrition mostly just makes you have to get ammo more often.

I only really see a reload making or breaking an engagement in cqb. At any other range, you're managing overall ammunition rather than just reloads. If anything, attrition just enhances the points you made in your second paragraph. Like now some points on the map have more strategic value due to them having ammo,health,or vehicle supply stations.

And once again, i really see attrition nerfing the assault rusher. Now they have to depend on squadies moving with them to heal/resupply. With teamwork and strategy, the attrition system can be basically negated.

Nah. The rusher gets ammo off dead bodies. The guy at range can just back off and get ammo at a flag or from a dead friendly kit next to them or from an ammo box.

I don't think anyone before was not managing ammo. Everyone was trying to make every shot count as it was.

AT range you always managed ammo because you didn't want to give away your position needlessly.

All attrition means is you gotta come in more often to get ammo. And thus sure you're more frequently put into the low ammo position. But as far as managing goes I don't think is playing any different overall. I think everyone trying to make their shots count. And not putting themselves at risk needlessly as best as they can.
  • GiovannY-398
    776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    TTK 2.0 is dead, TTK 1.0 gets resurrected tomorrow
  • TheGM86
    917 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Does this mean the TTD is going to feel terrible again?
  • Pillownaut
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, probably.

I'll give it a chance after the adjustments though. If i get one 1-frame death I'm on hiatus until it's confirmed to be fixed. I still have BF1 guns to grind.
  • ThePlacidHatter
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd rather the occasionally buggy TTD than the horrible TTK 2.0.
  • Drogoran
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd rather the occasionally buggy TTD than the horrible TTK 2.0.

rather buggs than adapting to change makes you a less smart
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lmfao!

Doesn't that just make all the crying, raging and tantrum throwing look all the more siller doesn't it.

Hey @BaronVonGoon would you look at that; it WAS a test. Lucky you only had to put up with it for a week but also could play the previous ttk just fine in core servers.

Can't imagine how bf1 would've panned out if this happened on it; maybe it wouldn't be a steaming pile of disappointment

~

Be interesting to see how the Oceanica community reacts because at least on Xbox not a single player was playing on the core servers. There was one guy sitting in the lobby trying to get it started; only just last night did I finally see a lobby for core but it wasn't full meanwhile there were 20 full conquest servers with queues at the same time.

Now whether that's because people were just matchmaking, didn't know, doing ToW matchmaking or my belief; couldnt give a rat's rear.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Lmfao!

Doesn't that just make all the crying, raging and tantrum throwing look all the more siller doesn't it.

It's the voice of the people. This was a case of a large group of players getting together and telling the developers: "No, we don't like. Revert it". And they did revert it. That's all there is to it. If you don't like the fact that a forum is a place for us to voice our concerns and as veteran players help point the studio in the right direction, then by all means feel free to not participate. Clearly our voice was heard and we got them to return to their original vision for the gunplay system for this game. And kudos to them for the honesty.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Sucks they're going back to TTK1 so quickly. They didn't even give the new TTK any time to really balance it properly and thus give us an experience actually worth trying out.

Most likely I'll be going back on a break from the game I guess. The new TTK made me interested in playing the game more. The old TTK is just an assault wins all fest. I was enjoying actually standing a bit more of a chance with bolt actions at closer ranges. Now assault will just instagib you from across the map again I guess.

Gotta appease the "I need my easy 4 hit chest shot kill" crowd I guess.
  • ackers75
    2651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TheGM86 wrote: »

Ttd felt no different with ttk2.
    I was still killed with one bullet that seemed to bend round corners
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Sucks they're going back to TTK1 so quickly. They didn't even give the new TTK any time to really balance it properly and thus give us an experience actually worth trying out.

Most likely I'll be going back on a break from the game I guess. The new TTK made me interested in playing the game more. The old TTK is just an assault wins all fest. I was enjoying actually standing a bit more of a chance with bolt actions at closer ranges. Now assault will just instagib you from across the map again I guess.

TTK2 had grown on me, but it was implemented so horribly, I'm not surprised it failed like it did.

If DICE had only taken the time to at least tweak weapon balance slightly for TTK2, it might've been received better by the community.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »

TTK2 had grown on me, but it was implemented so horribly, I'm not surprised it failed like it did.

If DICE had only taken the time to at least tweak weapon balance slightly for TTK2, it might've been received better by the community.

That's exactly what I was hoping for. I was hoping they were going to give it more of a chance and work on balancing the weapons so that we could get an actually decent experience with the new TTK. Instead we got the new TTK with poorly balanced weapons for a week.
  • Diabolus_Musica
    788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    No it's going to feel exactly the same since TTK 2.0 didn't do a thing to TTD. No matter how much you think it did.
  • Al3xDaS0uL
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Thank God its back, its a Christmas Miracle!!! time to enjoy BFV again!
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Lmfao!

It's the voice of the people. This was a case of a large group of players getting together and telling the developers: "No, we don't like. Revert it". And they did revert it. That's all there is to it. If you don't like the fact that a forum is a place for us to voice our concerns and as veteran players help point the studio in the right direction, then by all means feel free to not participate. Clearly our voice was heard and we got them to return to their original vision for the gunplay system for this game. And kudos to them for the honesty.

There's a difference between;

"Dice; I as an individual amongst this massive community feel that X isn't right etc etc"

"*Censored* EA/Dice! You've ruined Battlefield! I'm never playing a Battlefield again *censored* and I speak for everyone!"

I encourage actual discussion and feedback it's the whole point of this very forum; but people spitting the dummy and freaking out like it's the end of the world are just silly and you yourself at guilty of that and so am I
This discussion has been closed.