TTK 1.0 is dead, TTK 2.0 is live tomorrow

Comments

• CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So now we will have easy servers, and normal servers. Even though it will divide the player base I'm fine with it as long as we have servers to play on with the current TTK. What concerns me the most though is that the servers running games with the current TTK will evolve into true hardcore servers, and I cant stand true hardcore. I like having my crosshairs in the middle of my screen, and having my hud. This will eventually force me into the easy servers..... Anyway I look at it, in time, this is going to end badly.... So disappointed.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm confused why dice feels the need to do this so quickly when people have praised the ttk for the most part, I'm going to keep getting my kills but the game has been refreshing. If this patch makes this bf1 part 2 I will gladly stop playing it. Makes zero sense to me.
  • BrianLocal1
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    This seems like a desperation move to sell more copies and looks bad for the life of the game.
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Calling it now; massive knee jerk overeaction yet again.

So Dice has said since alpha that they will tweak the ttk with the community; people seemed fine with it at the time but now getting upset over it?

Server side they can do this; it's not a permanent change. They've given us the community to try it out and compare to provide feedback as to what we want.
    Gee the flip-floping of this community.

It's good they haven't detailed the changes so they can get ACTUAL and proper feedback because you will need to try it to know what's changed instead of making a thread like this.

I keen to try it out in both modes (32/64 players) and see how it goes. If it fixes up the TTD isn't that what you lot have been whining for? Forget that people other than yourself play the game.

Maybe it will make smgs more competitive and making camping harder (how often you get instagibbed by someone sitting in a corner with no chance to react?)

Maybe recon will get a better deal regarding objective play.

I wonder how many people whining about this are assault players and are afraid of getting knocked down a peg

Great post, especially the last point. I think there is a large group of assault and support players that don't want to see medic and scout players have the ability to fight back.
  • SirBobdk
    5317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm confused why dice feels the need to do this so quickly when people have praised the ttk for the most part, I'm going to keep getting my kills but the game has been refreshing. If this patch makes this bf1 part 2 I will gladly stop playing it. Makes zero sense to me.

How many are playing compared to same time for BF1. Cant find any stats.
    I would guess the numbers have something to do with this. First air and now ttk. It seems desperat.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think most of us will adapt, that's not really my main concern.

What I'm worried about is how slowing the TTK will effect class balance. Obviously it depends on how much DICE change it, but the fact that they're creating two servers suggests that there will be a noticeable difference.

I would really appreciate some hard data to chew on, but I guess we'll soon find out ourselves.
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think most of us will adapt, that's not really my main concern.

What I'm worried about is how slowing the TTK will effect class balance. Obviously it depends on how much DICE change it, but the fact that they're creating two servers suggests that there will be a noticeable difference.

I would really appreciate some hard data to chew on, but I guess we'll soon find out ourselves.

I think class balance is one of the reasons for the change to be honest. Right now everything is condensed and there is no real room to maneuver when it comes to weapon balance.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

So Dice has said since alpha that they will tweak the ttk with the community; people seemed fine with it at the time but now getting upset over it?

Server side they can do this; it's not a permanent change. They've given us the community to try it out and compare to provide feedback as to what we want.

It is a permanent change. It's not a test. It's not an experiment. I don't understand how no one gets IT: They don't know the cause of the TTD issue. If you don't have a cause, you don't have a solution. They said it themselves. Their 'solution' is the knee jerk reaction, to increase TTK.

Subsequently, Florian blurbs about a ttk increase coming and the community riots, as they should. Overwhelmingly let Dice know that we like the current TTK, don't touch it.

A week later we have a sticky forum thread with a letter to us from Florian acknowledging the overwhelming community support for the current TTK giving us a smart, political statement to avoid the backlash: "it's a test we'll involve you in our ttk experiment". Clever.

This new ttk is now the DEFAULT for all game mode. The current TTK is relegated to 'Conquest Core', ie conquest only. They said it's the Alpha for the upcoming hardcore mode.

The writing is on the wall! And it's in plain English.

It's not an experiment, it's a calculated, smart, political decision.

Please. There is NO expirement.

Makes zero sense to me too.
    Post edited by BaronVonGoon on
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »

Gee the flip-floping of this community.

It's good they haven't detailed the changes so they can get ACTUAL and proper feedback because you will need to try it to know what's changed instead of making a thread like this.

I keen to try it out in both modes (32/64 players) and see how it goes. If it fixes up the TTD isn't that what you lot have been whining for? Forget that people other than yourself play the game.

Maybe it will make smgs more competitive and making camping harder (how often you get instagibbed by someone sitting in a corner with no chance to react?)

Maybe recon will get a better deal regarding objective play.

I wonder how many people whining about this are assault players and are afraid of getting knocked down a peg

Great post, especially the last point. I think there is a large group of assault and support players that don't want to see medic and scout players have the ability to fight back.
    Wait, it will benefit medic/scout to the detriment of my support class.

I’m going to create a “thread.”

brb
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I really like the current TTk but I despise the zero PTO, proneing in bushes (even medics are doing it) sometimes intensely dull gameplay that is steadily becoming BFV's meta.

Higher TTK will require greater accuracy to hit those headshots, Lower TTK requires better positional awareness (and prone camping). Their both invaluable skills in their own way, arguing over which is better is pointless.

The only thing that matters is the gameplay, which the current TTD has reduced to a whimpering, frightened, crawl. If the changes make the majority of the community engage in objective based gameplay again then I'm all for it.
  • CSO7777
    1842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think the TTD is more important to fix than adjusting the TTK and I really like the TTK as it is now.

But, I played BF1 a lot and TTK2 was, in my opinion, very good. They had really thought well about what changes to make and hopefully this will be the same. The adjustments with TTK2 made the balance of the guns/classes in BF1 much better. Of course the changes now will be the other way around and it will probably be like in the beta (which were slower than now, but still in general felt faster than TTK2 of BF1). I think the big difference to BF1 is that RBS is removed from the game and that lowers real TTK anyway (not the theoretical TTK).

I think they have a problem with the gun balance between the classes (assualt/support being too good) and they can't really fix this without adjusting all the weapons in the game. Also the TTD problem is probably a very hard one to fix, netcode is pretty complicated and making this change will perhaps be a part of the solution (unfortunately).
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lol, DICE.
  • undead77
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    A fast TTK favors camping, and people with bad aim/reaction time. BF1's default TTK is fine, and BF5 should use that. The community hasn't favored nothing, people that speak up are usually in the vocal minority.
  • trip1ex
    5227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I think this is interesting. Especially since they will have both running on their own servers.

I think ttd is ttk. You can't have 1 low and 1 high. There may be occasions where ttd seems faster but I would chalk that up to internet delay, DICE favoring the shooter, no one ever thinking they kill too quick but die too slow, occasional internet hiccups and getting hit by multiple shooters.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SMGs that kill slower. Just what we need. Honestly with the current approach the only thing I can see them do, is to nerf the automatic weapons that they have just buffed last week and therefore buffing the self-loading and semi-auto rifles, as I do not see how they increase or decrease the TTK there. I do not think these two weapon classes need a buff on the cost of automatic weaponry.
  • Aircool_212
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's the TTD that's the problem. You just can't react. I'm on PC and there seems to be two groups of people, those who don't have a problem, and those who seem to be about one second behind everyone else. You turn around a corner, see someone and you're dead before the game even registers the mouse button press. At other times, you'll fire at someone standing still who is unaware of your presence, but your shots don't seem to have any effect, then your target turns around and just melts you.

I'm also not convinced of the tick rate. Beyond close quarters, I've seen players teleport short distances, particularly when spamming ADAD. The strange thing about it is that it usually seems to happen just as you land your sights on them.

I've totally given up attempting to play properly. I've got ~120 fps and a ping of 15-25 ms, but it feels like there's some odd lag compensation going on that makes me feel that I'm lagging really hard.

I don't think many people have a problem with the current TTK. The problem is that you fill a guy with lead, nothing happens and then you die to what appears to be a single SMG round. That's not a TTK problem. I have no idea what sort of problem it is except it's the biggest problem for me at the moment.
  • UnearthedCO
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Getier wrote: »
    I hope we will see less proneheroes after the ttk changes.

It will make recon clase useless unless they re balance the bolt action damage models in the new TTK. Recon is already fairly weak class with the current TTK.

If you do a headshot it's a one shot kill so I'm not sure why you are saying recon is weak... Also, the hit box for headshots is too big. DICE are doing a great job with the update to TTK/TTD.
    Post edited by UnearthedCO on
  • UnearthedCO
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really hate going back to a slow ttk.

l love it. This will increase the fun factor and get folks to attack the objectives instead of camping the entire match.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    SMGs that kill slower. Just what we need. Honestly with the current approach the only thing I can see them do, is to nerf the automatic weapons that they have just buffed last week and therefore buffing the self-loading and semi-auto rifles, as I do not see how they increase or decrease the TTK there. I do not think these two weapon classes need a buff on the cost of automatic weaponry.

This is my concern. Weapons such as SMGs or Recon SLRs will become even weaker unless they're buffed to compensate for the slower TTK.
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

It is a permanent change. It's not a test. It's not an experiment. I don't understand how no one gets IT: They don't know the cause of the TTD issue. If you don't have a cause, you don't have a solution. They said it themselves. Their 'solution' is the knee jerk reaction, to increase TTK.

Subsequently, Florian blurbs about a ttk increase coming and the community riots, as they should. Overwhelmingly let Dice know that we like the current TTK, don't touch it.

A week later we have a sticky forum thread with a letter to us from Florian acknowledging the overwhelming community support for the current TTK giving us a smart, political statement to avoid the backlash: "it's a test we'll involve you in our ttk experiment". Clever.

This new ttk is now the DEFAULT for all game mode. The current TTK is relegated to 'Conquest Core', ie conquest only. They said it's the Alpha for the upcoming hardcore mode.

The writing is on the wall! And it's in plain English.

It's not an experiment, it's a calculated, smart, political decision.

Please. There is NO expirement.

Makes zero sense to me too.

This is rich coming from you isn't it? Another forum member has already called you out on it

Hmm do I take your word for? Or Dice? Such a tough choice; I'm gonna go with the people making the decisions here over one person who is upset he's precious assault class might see some feathers ruffled.

They had changed it to get data and have people test it out; you might not think that because you are dead against any change to the current ttk (which you can still play on) but that's what's happening. Considering they just switched it server side what makes you think they can't switch it back? Why it something you don't want suddenly set in stone and not flexible?

I mean end of the day it is their choice; they made this game. They have opened it up to OUR feedback if we want and I see more people vocal against the current ttk then people that raged when a dice Dev even mentioned the possibility of adjustment.

You haven't even tried the other ttk; hell you may even like it more than the current one. You get up others for complaining and tell em to "git gud and to shut up and adapt" yet when the shoe is on the other foot its end of World and you refuse to take your own advice.

Here is a grand idea. Play every mode as every class. Dump hours of playtime into the new ttk and give dice detailed non biased feedback instead of panicing and having a knee jerk reaction again.
This discussion has been closed.