TTK 1.0 is dead, TTK 2.0 is live tomorrow

Comments

• HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Calling it now; massive knee jerk overeaction yet again.

So Dice has said since alpha that they will tweak the ttk with the community; people seemed fine with it at the time but now getting upset over it?

Server side they can do this; it's not a permanent change. They've given us the community to try it out and compare to provide feedback as to what we want.

It is a permanent change. It's not a test. It's not an experiment. I don't understand how no one gets IT: They don't know the cause of the TTD issue. If you don't have a cause, you don't have a solution. They said it themselves. Their 'solution' is the knee jerk reaction, to increase TTK.

Subsequently, Florian blurbs about a ttk increase coming and the community riots, as they should. Overwhelmingly let Dice know that we like the current TTK, don't touch it.

A week later we have a sticky forum thread with a letter to us from Florian acknowledging the overwhelming community support for the current TTK giving us a smart, political statement to avoid the backlash: "it's a test we'll involve you in our ttk experiment". Clever.

This new ttk is now the DEFAULT for all game mode. The current TTK is relegated to 'Conquest Core', ie conquest only. They said it's the Alpha for the upcoming hardcore mode.

The writing is on the wall! And it's in plain English.

It's not an experiment, it's a calculated, smart, political decision.

Please. There is NO expirement.
    I'm confused why dice feels the need to do this so quickly when people have praised the ttk for the most part, I'm going to keep getting my kills but the game has been refreshing. If this patch makes this bf1 part 2 I will gladly stop playing it. Makes zero sense to me.

Makes zero sense to me too.

This is rich coming from you isn't it? Another forum member has already called you out on it

Hmm do I take your word for? Or Dice? Such a tough choice; I'm gonna go with the people making the decisions here over one person who is upset he's precious assault class might see some feathers ruffled.

They had changed it to get data and have people test it out; you might not think that because you are dead against any change to the current ttk (which you can still play on) but that's what's happening. Considering they just switched it server side what makes you think they can't switch it back? Why it something you don't want suddenly set in stone and not flexible?

I mean end of the day it is their choice; they made this game. They have opened it up to OUR feedback if we want and I see more people vocal against the current ttk then people that raged when a dice Dev even mentioned the possibility of adjustment.

You haven't even tried the other ttk; hell you may even like it more than the current one. You get up others for complaining and tell em to "git gud and to shut up and adapt" yet when the shoe is on the other foot its end of World and you refuse to take your own advice.

Here is a grand idea. Play every mode as every class. Dump hours of playtime into the new ttk and give dice detailed non biased feedback instead of panicing and having a knee jerk reaction again.

#leavethegameexactlylikeitis
    #crabsarentpeople
    #whyyouupsidedownm8
    #idontwantdicecontinusoulychangingcoremechanicsofgame
    #whyisthisgamestillabeta
    #liveservicewtf
  • herodes87
    1290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dice can you please buff grenade timers. I mean since guns now will shoot carrots, marshmallow, green peas and baby poop. I'd like to be able to use my grenade as primary. Thanks.

#NotMyTTK

You are such a big crybaby. Adapt it or leave the Game. Your own words.
  • Nuerosion
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well putting in my refund request , you lost a customer for life. Ran this series into the ground.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7057 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    herodes87 wrote: »
    Dice can you please buff grenade timers. I mean since guns now will shoot carrots, marshmallow, green peas and baby poop. I'd like to be able to use my grenade as primary. Thanks.

#NotMyTTK

I thought our banter made us friends the other day. I so sad. :(
  • LEEROY_UK
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    How will this change affect someone like me who’s not very good at the game and finds it hard to get kills as it is , I’m not that good at aiming with a controller!
    Will I find it easier to play or harder with the new ttk ?
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

#NotMyTTK

I thought oir banter made us friends the other day. I so sad. :(

#uwotm8
  • BaronVonGoon
    7057 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

#NotMyTTK

#uwotm8

Lol haha
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think I'm just gonna stop trying to work out a playstyle that I can enjoy, cos every time I do, patch Pete comes along an wrecks it. Mind you, people can't say we don't get our monies worth. Literally a new game every two week hahah
  • herodes87
    1290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

#NotMyTTK

I thought our banter made us friends the other day. I so sad. :(

Well this time with the TTK you sit on the other Chair. You Guys ruined BF1 now its Payback and we Ruin BFV for you.
  • Catsonspeeed
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Like Battlefield 1 needed anyone to "ruin it" it was born ruined. I have no idea what to make of this. I just hope that the "core servers" show up on the server browser.
  • herodes87
    Like Battlefield 1 needed anyone to "ruin it" it was born ruined. I have no idea what to make of this. I just hope that the "core servers" show up on the server browser.

Its still way better then the big mess BFV is.
  • herodes87

#NotMyTTK

#uwotm8

#lmheddh
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Calling it now; massive knee jerk overeaction yet again.

So Dice has said since alpha that they will tweak the ttk with the community; people seemed fine with it at the time but now getting upset over it?

Server side they can do this; it's not a permanent change. They've given us the community to try it out and compare to provide feedback as to what we want.

It is a permanent change. It's not a test. It's not an experiment. I don't understand how no one gets IT: They don't know the cause of the TTD issue. If you don't have a cause, you don't have a solution. They said it themselves. Their 'solution' is the knee jerk reaction, to increase TTK.

Subsequently, Florian blurbs about a ttk increase coming and the community riots, as they should. Overwhelmingly let Dice know that we like the current TTK, don't touch it.

A week later we have a sticky forum thread with a letter to us from Florian acknowledging the overwhelming community support for the current TTK giving us a smart, political statement to avoid the backlash: "it's a test we'll involve you in our ttk experiment". Clever.

This new ttk is now the DEFAULT for all game mode. The current TTK is relegated to 'Conquest Core', ie conquest only. They said it's the Alpha for the upcoming hardcore mode.

The writing is on the wall! And it's in plain English.

It's not an experiment, it's a calculated, smart, political decision.

Please. There is NO expirement.
    I'm confused why dice feels the need to do this so quickly when people have praised the ttk for the most part, I'm going to keep getting my kills but the game has been refreshing. If this patch makes this bf1 part 2 I will gladly stop playing it. Makes zero sense to me.

Makes zero sense to me too.

This is rich coming from you isn't it? Another forum member has already called you out on it

Hmm do I take your word for? Or Dice? Such a tough choice; I'm gonna go with the people making the decisions here over one person who is upset he's precious assault class might see some feathers ruffled.

They had changed it to get data and have people test it out; you might not think that because you are dead against any change to the current ttk (which you can still play on) but that's what's happening. Considering they just switched it server side what makes you think they can't switch it back? Why it something you don't want suddenly set in stone and not flexible?

I mean end of the day it is their choice; they made this game. They have opened it up to OUR feedback if we want and I see more people vocal against the current ttk then people that raged when a dice Dev even mentioned the possibility of adjustment.

You haven't even tried the other ttk; hell you may even like it more than the current one. You get up others for complaining and tell em to "git gud and to shut up and adapt" yet when the shoe is on the other foot its end of World and you refuse to take your own advice.

Here is a grand idea. Play every mode as every class. Dump hours of playtime into the new ttk and give dice detailed non biased feedback instead of panicing and having a knee jerk reaction again.

#leavethegameexactlylikeitis
    #crabsarentpeople
    #whyyouupsidedownm8
    #idontwantdicecontinusoulychangingcoremechanicsofgame
    #whyisthisgamestillabeta
    #liveservicewtf
    #crabs>aimedkids
  • XgmoneydtX
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    munkt0r wrote: »
    alienstout wrote: »
    Do we even know what the change will be? 1%, 5%, 10%?? No, we don't.

NO TIME FOR LOGIC! SPECULATE AND RAGE! SPECULATE AND RAGE!

Of course people are raging. It's a fair assumption that they are going to do to the bfv TTK what they did to bf1 TTK. It always just gets worse. You know what their fix for the autimatico was in the last game? THE ****ING SMG08! There are always going to be bad players to complain and blame the game for being bad. The truth is you just can't play dumb. Stay close to/Fire from cover. Try to avoid doing something you wouldn't do in a real life scenario. Play with your squad. Don't run out into the open and don't feel like you have to run everywhere full speed. All things you'll learn if you PRACTICE! Best advice I could give for people seriously having trouble is play through one of the COD games (WWII is my pref, SP only) on veteran. Hardened if you're a bit of a noob. Then play bfv like that!
  • XgmoneydtX
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    XgmoneydtX wrote: »
    I have literally never in forums or in chat actually tried to address something with DICE but this warrants it. Stop changing **** because the bad players of the game spam chat with how unfair everything is! People voted to keep TTK the same and they're just telling everyone to **** themselves. TTD is a problem "sometimes" yes a 1 frame death is a little bit of an issue but not enough to destroy the rest of the game. I'm a huge BF fan and have already put 125hrs into BFV. It's one of my favorite FPS of all time and they're gonna ruin it. My favorite thing about this game that was different from the last one was the TTK. "I can't react when I'm getting shot" is one of the stupidest ***ing complaints there is. YOU'RE GETTING SHOT! And a lot of times those fast deaths have a headshot or two in there. YOU SHOULD DIE FROM THAT! My fav game of the year and I'm seriously about ready to boycott it. Adjusting everything to be so noob friendly is like handing out participation trophies. Here let me reward you for not practicing to get better, not playing smart, and doing an incredible amount of complaining in chat. Oh you're good at the game? Sorry it's unfair that you're this good and you need a handicap. Un****ing believable.

Increasing the TTK will simply make it harder to get CHEAP kills. You can still get frags so long as manage to OUTGUN the opponent rather than just seeing him before he sees you.

It's not a coincidence that the hardest games out there like Quake have a high TTK while all casual shooters (CoD, BF) have a very low TTK. Even in CSGO seeing your opponent before he sees you means jack **** if you can't control your gun's recoil (which is much harder than in casual shooters).

I guess that depends on what you mean by a "cheap" kill. Sure when we are talking about a 1v1 battle the TTK won't really make a difference. However, if you pull off a good tactical move and manage to creep up on the flank of 3 enemies, you should be able to get those kills provided you're a decent shot. With an increased ttk soldier #2 and def soldier #3 will have more time to react to their team mate getting shot and that's where my problem is. I think it destroys the realism of a great WWII game and encourages players to use less cover and run out into the open more.

I'd have to disagree about CSGO
    AWP-1 hit kill M4-2 headshots kill AK-1 headshot kill

• GandalfPossesed
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have literally never in forums or in chat actually tried to address something with DICE but this warrants it. Stop changing **** because the bad players of the game spam chat with how unfair everything is! People voted to keep TTK the same and they're just telling everyone to **** themselves. TTD is a problem "sometimes" yes a 1 frame death is a little bit of an issue but not enough to destroy the rest of the game. I'm a huge BF fan and have already put 125hrs into BFV. It's one of my favorite FPS of all time and they're gonna ruin it. My favorite thing about this game that was different from the last one was the TTK. "I can't react when I'm getting shot" is one of the stupidest ***ing complaints there is. YOU'RE GETTING SHOT! And a lot of times those fast deaths have a headshot or two in there. YOU SHOULD DIE FROM THAT! My fav game of the year and I'm seriously about ready to boycott it. Adjusting everything to be so noob friendly is like handing out participation trophies. Here let me reward you for not practicing to get better, not playing smart, and doing an incredible amount of complaining in chat. Oh you're good at the game? Sorry it's unfair that you're this good and you need a handicap. Un****ing believable.

Increasing the TTK will simply make it harder to get CHEAP kills. You can still get frags so long as manage to OUTGUN the opponent rather than just seeing him before he sees you.

It's not a coincidence that the hardest games out there like Quake have a high TTK while all casual shooters (CoD, BF) have a very low TTK. Even in CSGO seeing your opponent before he sees you means jack **** if you can't control your gun's recoil (which is much harder than in casual shooters).

I guess that depends on what you mean by a "cheap" kill. Sure when we are talking about a 1v1 battle the TTK won't really make a difference. However, if you pull off a good tactical move and manage to creep up on the flank of 3 enemies, you should be able to get those kills provided you're a decent shot. With an increased ttk soldier #2 and def soldier #3 will have more time to react to their team mate getting shot and that's where my problem is. I think it destroys the realism of a great WWII game and encourages players to use less cover and run out into the open more.

The game is utter butters rn so i applaud them at least trying something. I'll just drop the game until it meets my standards. (Replies won't be read) x
  • Pillownaut
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Yes, you have to be even better to take out soldier #2 and #3. :D
    At least they can't tell on you from their ESP death cam anymore.
  • Shidaifen2
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My god Dice. Always touching things that doesn’t need to fix.. but the real bugs... what bugs? Hopeless really
  • WhiteWolf_W3
    88 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The community does favour the current TTK over BF1 TTK but that doesn't mean they can't push TTK in the other direction.

You worded your entire argument into a false fallacy dilemma, you made it seem like the only options with TTK is to keep it the same or move it to BF1's. I think you're getting the entirety of what they're doing mixed up, TTK is going to be slower not faster.
  • Alexandre_Only
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Great, sprint, jump, spin and spray while taking 7-10 7.62 bullets to the chest is what a WW2 game meant to be.
This discussion has been closed.