TTK 1.0 is dead, TTK 2.0 is live tomorrow

Comments

• Greeny_Huwjarz
    4433 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Does anyone know if this means that the current ttk will only be available in Conquest game mode? Was 'Conquest Core' just an example?

Haha good catch. Yeah so for those of us who are playing Breakthrough, Domination and Frontlines and prefer the current TTK we're .... out of luck. Current TTK relegated to side servers and ONLY conquest.

Well, that is just tough titties ;-)
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4433 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    Good to hear. And what's key, if you read his statement, he added "the most VOCAL members of the community prefer the damage model as is". "Vocal', meaning, "Reddit", who have a handful of "vocal" players, out of the millions who buy the game, who may feel much different, including me.

Those same "vocal' members, where over at CTE for BF1, voicing in favor of TTK 2.0, that was an abject failure, that in turn imploded playercounts. Good to see DICE is beginning too "get it". Maybe they sent out surveys at home for the majority of folks to voice their opinions. The game is unplayable in it's current state.

Funny thing is ttk 2.0 was universally hated on reddit when it was in the cte, but then certain groups of certain youtubers who wanted it would just down vote everyone to hell and back that had anything bad to say about ttk 2.0.

You could leave a well constructed feedback and within seconds you would already have 4 or 5 downvotes. The top comments would just be ttk 2.0 fans trashing anyone who didn't support the new ttk. So eventually the feedback was just getting pushed to the bottom of the page and people just quit leaving feedback.

I got my survey. It crashed halfway through me completion. .....was I surprised?
  • WRtwoguns
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    LoL Always fun to see potatos who cannot aim fav faster ttk, just like those hardcore only players back then. Talking about reddit threads, any change universally hated on forum and reddit by lower 86.4% of trash players is great change. 1KD 1PM potatos shouldn't have a say on game design. Oh and even with current ttd once DICE fix the ttd, mostly caused by bugged lag compensation from my test, you potatos will call for something like slug shotgun in BF4 HC again. How predictable.
  • BAITness
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Kind of shocking to see trolls in here trying to argue that fast TTK requires less skill - as if shooting someone in the head faster is somehow easier than doing it slower.

Slower TTK means headshots matter less and that spread has greater impact on the outcome of an engagement. Both of those things are literally the opposite of skillful. Slowing the TTK is just a crutch so that players that have terrible awareness and positioning are less punished for it.

This is just another terrible move by DICE in a series of terrible moves. They seem to get off on ignoring their customers.
  • WhiteWolf_W3
    88 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Qintwoguns wrote: »
    LoL Always fun to see potatos who cannot aim fav faster ttk, just like those hardcore only players back then. Talking about reddit threads, any change universally hated on forum and reddit by lower 86.4% of trash players is great change. 1KD 1PM potatos shouldn't have a say on game design. Oh and even with current ttd once DICE fix the ttd, mostly caused by bugged lag compensation from my test, you potatos will call for something like slug shotgun in BF4 HC again. How predictable.

I can agree with the notion you're saying, slower TTK favours tracking over luck of spray and camping. Tracking is something i like to practice a lot, BF games have always been very "burst" based not needing much tracking and mainly just reactionary mechanics, which is fine, but i don't think it works in to the overall way people play in BFV.
  • Alexandre_Only
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

If it's easier to kill, it's easier to die too. It's stupid to talk about difficulty in multiplayer games.
  • BrianLocal1
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I guess we will wait and see how it all works but this will effect the attrition system greatly. Since it takes more bullets to kill and they can duck and heal with healthpack so even more bullets to kill, ammo may run short.
  • creepNpeep
    778 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NeoNoScope wrote: »
    Sniper buff is needed- one or more of the following:
    -Increase base damage from 50 to 60 on weaker bolts, 60 to 70 on stronger
    -Remove glint from 3x scope to balance against the 6x and the other classes 3x
    -Reduce glint overall by about 50% as its impossible to see enemies 'heads' within the bright glare, actually deterimental to the cause of been able to return fire

This.
    Exactly this.
  • Beat_Mangler80
    549 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Glad I'm not obsessed about this stuff, I'm just playing on and loving it.
  • WRtwoguns
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

If it's easier to kill, it's easier to die too. It's stupid to talk about difficulty in multiplayer games.

The thing is even old BF titles like BF2 is not tactical shooter or milisim. There are a lot of tactical shooters and milisim out there, there is no reason for new BF titles to transform to a tactical shooter. The problem of BFV is identity confusion. Is BFV a milisim? No, no milisim have revive system,fast pace movement, low recoil, realistic reload plus only 1.9x headshot multiplier. Is BFV an tactical shooter? Again no, tactical shooters don't have vehicles like heavy tank and bomber in BFV, and they have far less visual obstacles like debris and particle effects. Is BFV an good arcade shooter? No, DICE and part of community try to steer BFV away from arcade shooter, with introduction of attrtion system. So at current state BFV is a buggy, incomplete abomination which is unfun for many players, especially players who good at old BF titles. That's why I rant about DICE shouldn't cater to lowest denominators. BF has lost it's identity, and this is worse than failed marketing and political agenda. I'm off to play Insurgency sandstorm until DICE fix the TTD and lag compensation.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7057 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

You won't love when it takes you 2.5 secs to get a kill at 50 metres starting tomorrow.
  • WRtwoguns
    BAITness wrote: »
    Kind of shocking to see trolls in here trying to argue that fast TTK requires less skill - as if shooting someone in the head faster is somehow easier than doing it slower.

Slower TTK means headshots matter less and that spread has greater impact on the outcome of an engagement. Both of those things are literally the opposite of skillful. Slowing the TTK is just a crutch so that players that have terrible awareness and positioning are less punished for it.

This is just another terrible move by DICE in a series of terrible moves. They seem to get off on ignoring their customers.

LoL Do you understand a thing called headshot multiplier? Of course you don't. Oh and don't call anyone troll without even make counter arguement, that just make you a jerk. Your response is typical response made by potatos players. If ttk is low at current level with most guns have sub 300ms ttk at close range, what's the point of headshot? A headshot in current BFV only boost ttk by 2 frames for most guns lmao Great argument hahahaha. Players have better situation awareness and mechnical skill will always shoot first, with better accruracy, win the gunfight consistently. Again a recon main with below 1kpm and 2KD, arguing about situation awareness and poistioning is laughable.
  • WRtwoguns
    edited December 2018

Clap clap clap multiplay games don't have skill ceiling and skill floor, anyone thinks otherwise is stupid.

You won't love when it takes you 2.5 secs to get a kill at 50 metres starting tomorrow.

Keep fear mongering to save your little fun of stat pedding. No worries we have been there.
  • Vizionblind
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    good! current TTK is terrible
  • crabman169
    12848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    crabman169 wrote: »
    Calling it now; massive knee jerk overeaction yet again.

So Dice has said since alpha that they will tweak the ttk with the community; people seemed fine with it at the time but now getting upset over it?

Server side they can do this; it's not a permanent change. They've given us the community to try it out and compare to provide feedback as to what we want.

It is a permanent change. It's not a test. It's not an experiment. I don't understand how no one gets IT: They don't know the cause of the TTD issue. If you don't have a cause, you don't have a solution. They said it themselves. Their 'solution' is the knee jerk reaction, to increase TTK.

Subsequently, Florian blurbs about a ttk increase coming and the community riots, as they should. Overwhelmingly let Dice know that we like the current TTK, don't touch it.

A week later we have a sticky forum thread with a letter to us from Florian acknowledging the overwhelming community support for the current TTK giving us a smart, political statement to avoid the backlash: "it's a test we'll involve you in our ttk experiment". Clever.

This new ttk is now the DEFAULT for all game mode. The current TTK is relegated to 'Conquest Core', ie conquest only. They said it's the Alpha for the upcoming hardcore mode.

The writing is on the wall! And it's in plain English.

It's not an experiment, it's a calculated, smart, political decision.

Please. There is NO expirement.
    I'm confused why dice feels the need to do this so quickly when people have praised the ttk for the most part, I'm going to keep getting my kills but the game has been refreshing. If this patch makes this bf1 part 2 I will gladly stop playing it. Makes zero sense to me.

Makes zero sense to me too.

This is rich coming from you isn't it? Another forum member has already called you out on it

Hmm do I take your word for? Or Dice? Such a tough choice; I'm gonna go with the people making the decisions here over one person who is upset he's precious assault class might see some feathers ruffled.

They had changed it to get data and have people test it out; you might not think that because you are dead against any change to the current ttk (which you can still play on) but that's what's happening. Considering they just switched it server side what makes you think they can't switch it back? Why it something you don't want suddenly set in stone and not flexible?

I mean end of the day it is their choice; they made this game. They have opened it up to OUR feedback if we want and I see more people vocal against the current ttk then people that raged when a dice Dev even mentioned the possibility of adjustment.

You haven't even tried the other ttk; hell you may even like it more than the current one. You get up others for complaining and tell em to "git gud and to shut up and adapt" yet when the shoe is on the other foot its end of World and you refuse to take your own advice.

Here is a grand idea. Play every mode as every class. Dump hours of playtime into the new ttk and give dice detailed non biased feedback instead of panicing and having a knee jerk reaction again.

#leavethegameexactlylikeitis
    #crabsarentpeople
    #whyyouupsidedownm8
    #idontwantdicecontinusoulychangingcoremechanicsofgame
    #whyisthisgamestillabeta
    #liveservicewtf

You've revoked your revive privileges; enjoy your crap K/d

#getrektkid
    #4->0.5
    #maybeimrightwayupandyouareupsidedown
    #gobacktohomefront
    #seriouslygeton
  • xXPvZMaster420Xx
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Stahp
  • herodes87
    1290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I can get headshots. Fast Kills.
  • Malecite
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Uninstalling the game in 3....2....1

Just when I wonder if they can screw this game up any further they go ahead and do this. Lol the game already isn't selling and the player base is dropping daily and now they go and split it in half?

They can't fix their own garbage net code so this is the solution? Ha ha ha why oh why did I even bother with this mess.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Calling it now; massive knee jerk overeaction yet again.

So Dice has said since alpha that they will tweak the ttk with the community; people seemed fine with it at the time but now getting upset over it?

Server side they can do this; it's not a permanent change. They've given us the community to try it out and compare to provide feedback as to what we want.

It is a permanent change. It's not a test. It's not an experiment. I don't understand how no one gets IT: They don't know the cause of the TTD issue. If you don't have a cause, you don't have a solution. They said it themselves. Their 'solution' is the knee jerk reaction, to increase TTK.

Subsequently, Florian blurbs about a ttk increase coming and the community riots, as they should. Overwhelmingly let Dice know that we like the current TTK, don't touch it.

A week later we have a sticky forum thread with a letter to us from Florian acknowledging the overwhelming community support for the current TTK giving us a smart, political statement to avoid the backlash: "it's a test we'll involve you in our ttk experiment". Clever.

This new ttk is now the DEFAULT for all game mode. The current TTK is relegated to 'Conquest Core', ie conquest only. They said it's the Alpha for the upcoming hardcore mode.

The writing is on the wall! And it's in plain English.

It's not an experiment, it's a calculated, smart, political decision.

Please. There is NO expirement.
    I'm confused why dice feels the need to do this so quickly when people have praised the ttk for the most part, I'm going to keep getting my kills but the game has been refreshing. If this patch makes this bf1 part 2 I will gladly stop playing it. Makes zero sense to me.

Makes zero sense to me too.

This is rich coming from you isn't it? Another forum member has already called you out on it

Hmm do I take your word for? Or Dice? Such a tough choice; I'm gonna go with the people making the decisions here over one person who is upset he's precious assault class might see some feathers ruffled.

They had changed it to get data and have people test it out; you might not think that because you are dead against any change to the current ttk (which you can still play on) but that's what's happening. Considering they just switched it server side what makes you think they can't switch it back? Why it something you don't want suddenly set in stone and not flexible?

I mean end of the day it is their choice; they made this game. They have opened it up to OUR feedback if we want and I see more people vocal against the current ttk then people that raged when a dice Dev even mentioned the possibility of adjustment.

You haven't even tried the other ttk; hell you may even like it more than the current one. You get up others for complaining and tell em to "git gud and to shut up and adapt" yet when the shoe is on the other foot its end of World and you refuse to take your own advice.

Here is a grand idea. Play every mode as every class. Dump hours of playtime into the new ttk and give dice detailed non biased feedback instead of panicing and having a knee jerk reaction again.

#leavethegameexactlylikeitis
    #crabsarentpeople
    #whyyouupsidedownm8
    #idontwantdicecontinusoulychangingcoremechanicsofgame
    #whyisthisgamestillabeta
    #liveservicewtf

You've revoked your revive privileges; enjoy your crap K/d

#getrektkid
    #4->0.5
    #maybeimrightwayupandyouareupsidedown
    #gobacktohomefront
    #seriouslygeton

Dang harsh.
  • BAITness
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    BAITness wrote: »

LoL Do you understand a thing called headshot multiplier? Of course you don't. Oh and don't call anyone troll without even make counter arguement, that just make you a jerk. Your response is typical response made by potatos players. If ttk is low at current level with most guns have sub 300ms ttk at close range, what's the point of headshot? A headshot in current BFV only boost ttk by 2 frames for most guns lmao Great argument hahahaha. Players have better situation awareness and mechnical skill will always shoot first, with better accruracy, win the gunfight consistently. Again a recon main with below 1kpm and 2KD, arguing about situation awareness and poistioning is laughable.

I typed up explaining how spread would affect a higher TTK making the game more luck based, but it looks like the forums ate my post. Not retyping that again so you can literally look up how spread works and see the spread values here: http://bfdata.juhala.io/misc/bfv_overture_05122018.html

The headshot multiplier literally has nothing to do with this, so I think you brought it up just to throw around a large word you saw once.

The very very very simple just for you TLDR is: longer gunfights mean luck has greater affect over who wins.

But that does not matter to you, does it? From your stats it is clear you are playing TDM in objective modes, as you have great amounts of kills but low score per minute. PTFO and get more accurate, then you will start to appreciate the faster TTK.

Besides, if you like slow TTK you can always play BF1 already.
    Post edited by BAITness on
This discussion has been closed.