Weekly BF

Discussion & Feedback - Battlefield V 12-11-2018 Update

15678911»

Comments

• Mystriall
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What i absolutely hate about updates, is when they make a game worse. And when i say that I'm not talking about the changes to TTK, nerfs of this and that, but the fact that stuff that was working perfectly fine before the update suddenly isn't working as it should anymore. I.E. building glitch/bugs (fortifications) etc.
    -
    DICE - please test the whole game/system after updates, not just the parts you've made changes to, maybe you can avoid implementing patches that fixes stuff not working while also ruining stuff that was working.
  • xxShiftyxxx
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Again like I said So much feed back and disappointment yet no DEV has come into this discussion and say Sorry DICE fucccc up with this patch TTK and plane nerf.....🤔🤷‍♂️🤬🖕
  • Tyl3rTh3Kill3r
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Next time when you want to listen to the community, make sure you aren't talking to and changing the game for a thousand five year olds while the core community out there has no idea you are 'listening to the community'
    The only community they’re listening to are the people that came from COD and only knows how to play as infintry

• Beat_Mangler80
    512 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    removed by author
  • BraddersRM
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Could we lose the animations? Especially when you pick up a bomb in Grand Operations. So many incidents recently where I follow a bomb carrier to a target, he gets killed and I follow up to kill anyone near the objective to find I'm currently swinging a satchel around in the air that I've picked up meaning I can't defend myself.

Also, at times, with picking up the bomb intentionally it seems to be under the ground so can't pick up properly.

Any chance of having more tanks dotted around the maps too? I'm sure the billions of assaulters would get moist at the idea but it means I haven't got to spend ten minutes driving back into the battle from my home spawn point. That is when there's a tank available of course.

Lmg/mmg suppression - at range it's an area denial weapon. Why is it when I'm putting controlled bursts onto a sniper they can stand there unhindered to then one shot kill me?

I go on to play now and after the second game, I'm bored. I don't ever remember that happening on BF4. Even bf1 got more attention than this from me.
  • JMan42028
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So as a 7 year battlefield player with over 2,800 hours logged on Battlefield 3 alone and already close to 150 hours logged on Battlefield 5 I would find it remiss in my duties if I didn't provide some sort of feedback on what is slowly happening to this game... I appreciate that you guys have been working on bug fixes 24/7 to clear up a lot of the menu freezes and overall hang crashing, as well as some of the less noticeable minimap interface changes such as suppression spotting, etc. Whether these have been in house or from community suggestions, they have been welcome changes to bring the game closer back to your Battlefield 3 glory days... Amidst all the SJW drama that I couldn't care less about, the actual Audio and Visuals of your game are astounding and have done WWII quite some gorgeous justice... Ambient gunfire, destructible everything, weather patterns you guys did a hell of a job selling the environment... Kudos
    Gunplay -- That being said, the recent changes to gun play and gun balancing, though rumor that it may be temporary as testing for feedback, have not been a positive change to the game... A lot of weapons that were well rounded have been needlessly nerfed... I personally find myself drawn to Assault and Recon class in Battlefield 5 - all of which have been 1 bullet to kill compromised less the bolt-actions... For example where previously sniping and landing two well placed 180 meter+ shots on another sniper for the kill with a ZH, now you are asking for a third spot on clean shot giving the other player the opportunity to turn 180 degrees and with auto aim assist on, one shot headshot SLRs users with something like a Krag or M95 that hasn't been nerfed... Or a Turner SMLE, now taking 4-5 shots rather unreliably to kill, where 3 well place shots previously gave players the opportunity to engage 3 players on a clip... Now it's two and that's if you land all 10 shots cleanly - that same player who solo could deter a squad from blindly charging a capture point is now lucky if he can hold his own getting 2v1'd anywhere (which with 32 players on somewhat smaller sized maps is like half the engagements out there...) Did certain guns need balancing? Sure. But trying to compensate for the TTD issue by soft tipping nearly every other gun as well? I don't believe that was the solution... Constructively I'll offer a couple suggestions
    KE7 -- I'm pretty sure nearly all of the community would agree the KE7 felt like you were getting shot with laser accuracy... Still pretty much feels that way even after the hotfix. Keep tweaking it, don't nerf it, just tweak - we'll wait...
    SMGs -- Did pretty much all SMGs feel like pee shooters? Absolutely. You supposedly increased ranged damage for them but then also increased their bullets to kill effectively nerfing your own fix? Erase your +1 Bullet To Kill on it, keep the muzzle increases increase the ranges by another meter or two... Keep tweaking it, don't hammer it with buffs, just tweak - hey guess what - we'll wait, I promise... The biggest thing I (as a gamer) hate is when the familiar becomes pointless or useless, and I'm sure I'm not the only one USAS/Dart/AEK/ACR/AUG/G36 debacles anyone? Overbuff, overnerf, overbuff again, Anywaysssss...
    Scopes -- The biggest problem I could put my finger on was the sniping in general, and not their actual damages like you may presume, but it took me playing Battlefield 3 again to realize, it was the lack of recoil and sniper sway... Not just for actual sniper classes but for any gun with a 3x or 6x scope mounted on it... The amount of recoil a gun has without a scope was maintained even with the scope attached effectively cutting it's actual percieved recoil by 3x or 6x respectively to which scope is used - paired with aim assist and an almost non-existent scope sway, it is giving even less skilled players Ares like accuracy (I don't think once in 150 hours of gameplay have I even pressed the hold breath button)... but maybe this was intended for curb appeal to diversify the class play? Again I say, tweak it just a little, 2x the sway effects, 1.5x the recoil on 3x scope, 2.5x on a 6x scope - think you may have something that feels a little more Battlefield and a little less Call of Duty...
    Vehicles -- As always, you guys are the best in the business with vehicles... From the looks, to the rumble and feels, top notch job... Anyone who says otherwise is either in denial or still gets tickles from cliche phrases like UMadBro... My clanmates and I all still chuckle at how deathly slow the Tiger tank is, though if you keep making vehicle maps like Panzerstorm you may consider giving it an extra horsepower or two, as I often find myself napping between objectives and that's very dangerous for our ground troops...
    Air Support -- If I had any one request, as a lover of all things airborne the Nerf job on planes was a little much, maybe not so for us Veteran pilots... (Closing in on that 1,000 kill mark) But to rookie pilots the lack of .303 or 7.62 ammo is very discouraging to them from what I've seen and heard around the hangar... As well, bomber reload times while I agree are necessary to keep jerks like me in check - do need to be shaved by like 2 seconds... And possibly even removed under the circumstances where you are not running double bomb payloads (unranked bombers or ones running strafing armament)... Idk how possible it is but maybe you could even separate the ammunition types in fighter planes running .303s and cannons (something similar to what I remember from MSNs Fighter Ace) so that the increased firepower is there but much shorter in duration to the lower calibur sustained fire... The last thing we want to do is discourage new players from flying the most beautiful planes in history by saying "here's a half salvo of bebe gun rounds, tink-tink your best..." And have them feel like they're doing nothing...
    Special Thanks -- To anyone who has read this entire blurb, to anyone who has been constructive to these games over the years, to DICE for keeping with Battlefield series, to anyone I have squaded with in the past and anyone to come in the future, to everyone who has been on the other side of my crosshairs or underneath my payloads and lastly to the few of you good blueberry medics out there, you know who you are - Thank You

hey i read it and agree with it. I can identify with just about everything you say here as a battlefield vet since 1942 with countless hours in all things BF. The only thing I don't really know much about is flying. I'm horrible at it, it scares me a little bit and I am certainly not much of an attribute to the team while doing it. I do try on occasion though haha.

Dice, I love the game, I hate the change you made to the TTK, for real. I'm not gonna call names, be nasty because all that is just stupid. But I will say it is extremely frustrating having over 100 hours in to bf5 and then have a change like that. I'll be honest, at about 80-100 hours is when you started feeling really comfortable with the entire game and all maps, your guns, ect. You know the choke routes, you know how many bullets to fire, and you are finally really dangerous. Just then, some pretty major change pops in and changes the way you have to shoot. Changes the best thing about the game! The gunplay was amazing guys, for real. Its what made this game so fun and rewarding, and obviously frustrating at the same time. Once you get it though, watch out. You were playing chess while everyone else was playing checkers. Now? Its different. My favorite gun in the game is the FG42. I know I'm not using the most popular KE7 or the buzzsaw like most others. Before TTK changes it was an extremely viable gun even though it only has a 20 round clip. Now with these changes it makes it very very difficult to use the gun just because you are so limited on a 20 rd clip.
    Now I totally get why DICE put the LMG bullet limits where they are, but I think maybe it needs a little help if you are going to keep the TTK changes.
    IMO the only changes that felt like it may have been needed was a change to TTD, a slight tweak. I'm no expert on making the games, but I like playing them lol. I'm not nearly as eloquent as the dude I quoted above, but I do agree with everything he has written.
  • JMan42028
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Next time when you want to listen to the community, make sure you aren't talking to and changing the game for a thousand five year olds while the core community out there has no idea you are 'listening to the community'
    The only community they’re listening to are the people that came from COD and only knows how to play as infintry
    thats not true dice has responded in this thread several times, including to me personally. Maybe just chill with all the dumb insults and childlike outbursts and leave some actual constructive critisism you would get somewhere? I'll never understand the need to say crap like this to these people who work so hard on this. Its not perfect, nothing ever is. This is a aaa release on multiple consoles and while there are many every year it doesn't make it easy. You should do some research and see where dice came from and how far they have come now. Its been a pretty damn fun ride to follow along with.
    I'm no "fanboy", I'm just a fan. I can handle people disparaging something I personally like, but I just wish everyone was more civil about stuff. What happened to that?

• WetIaM
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    FIX NEEDED: Why are you not able to edit your active assignments in game from the pause menu?

It is idiotic that you have to back out of the game to the main menu to select a new assignment to work on. The menu load times are slow as is and making it so you have to leave games to update your tracked assignments is poor game design.
  • jaketx
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    [quoteBeat_Mangler80][/quoteYou are not supposed to see scope glint everywhere. It is as rare as when a sniper has you lined up in his sights, and you are looking almost right back at him. That's it. Unless we could have constant scope glint for all the children playing the game, they should like that.]

And I completely agree with you. It is in fact realistic as in thats similar to what snipers do to hide their glint using light(mainly the sun) to prevent enemy spotting their position. But when I can't see the glint when its behind a solid blue color or snow that has god rays then I question it. Its either that or my settings are all screwed up.