Will the new "Core" mode be available for all game modes?

MONEYPYR0
828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
From what I can guess of the post by Dan talking about the TTK/TTD changes tomorrow, it seems that the current TTK/TTD will only be available in a mode called "Conquest Core". Now I love Conquest, but I also love all the other game modes as well. I have a feeling that I'm not going to enjoy a slower TTK, but it sounds like I'll HAVE to play it if I want to play Breakthrough, Grand Operations, etc, which is a huge let down. Hopefully this isn't the case, but if anyone can shed some light on me, it would be appreciated.

Comments

• mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Subbed
  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeh I easily prefer BFV’s TTK to BFI’s.
    After I got CoD WWII I never went back to BFI because the gunfights were so much better.
    In BFI people just sponged bullets and it felt ridiculous. It was like everyone’s 50 Cent
  • BaronVonGoon
    7055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    The new ttk will be available for all modes.

The current TTK will be renamed 'Conquest core' and will only be available for conquest.
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    After I got CoD WWII I never went back to BFI because the gunfights were so much better.
    In BFI people just sponged bullets and it felt ridiculous. It was like everyone’s 50 Cent

I've always prefered faster TTKs in FPS like Battlefield, and CoD. Halo can get a pass for it, because the slower TTK in the Halo series has always felt more skill based (for the most part), rather than being an annoyance. BF1 was ridiculous with how many shots someone could take, just to turn around and kill you.
  • MONEYPYR0
    The new ttk will be available for all modes.

The current TTK will be renamed 'Conquest core' and will only be available for conquest.

Well that sucks that it'll only be for one mode. Guess I won't be playing much other than that until it gets added for all modes.
  • Pillownaut
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They could take approximately the same amount of bullets in BF1. It was just harder to land the shots. OR, let me rephrase: it took a deeper understanding of how each gun worked to reach the fastest TTKs.
  • MONEYPYR0
    Pillownaut wrote: »
    They could take approximately the same amount of bullets in BF1. It was just harder to land the shots. OR, let me rephrase: it took a deeper understanding of how each gun worked to reach the fastest TTKs.

No thanks, I don't want to have to fire 15 shots into someone to get a kill again
  • BaronVonGoon
    7055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Think about it. The Lewis excelled at medium range in BF1. It killed at 573 milliseconds at 50 metres, if you didnt miss any shots. At the average player accuracy of 20% it killed in 2500 milliseconds. 2.5 seconds to kill for a gun that is DESIGNED to excel at that range. This is what we're getting now in BFV. And it's an utter travesty that we're getting BF1 gunplay again.
  • mf_shro0m
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »

I've always prefered faster TTKs in FPS like Battlefield, and CoD. Halo can get a pass for it, because the slower TTK in the Halo series has always felt more skill based (for the most part), rather than being an annoyance. BF1 was ridiculous with how many shots someone could take, just to turn around and kill you.

I feel the same way.

And with Halo, you’re meant to be Spartans or Elites so it made sense that you could take quite a few rounds
  • mf_shro0m
    Think about it. The Lewis excelled at medium range in BF1. It killed at 573 milliseconds at 50 metres, if you didnt miss any shots. At the average player accuracy of 20% it killed in 2500 milliseconds. 2.5 seconds to kill for a gun that is DESIGNED to excel at that range. This is what we're getting now in BFV. And it's an utter travesty that we're getting BF1 gunplay again.

And some ppl complain that the Lewis seems to shoot peas in this game lol
  • SharpeXB
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A long TTK is just stupid. I don’t understand why anyone would want it.
  • Pillownaut
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I never said the lewis was a very good gun. But if you miss four out of five (80%) shots you should not expect to kill instantly. The Maschinenpistole kills in around 203ms. If you hit your shots.
    Did they say anywhere that they were going for a BF1 TTK? I can't imagine how they'd do that with how easy it is to get shots on target in this game. 9-10 BTK?
  • mf_shro0m
    edited December 2018
    SharpeXB wrote: »

Some noobs get upset coz they keep getting killed and think that it’s down to the shorter TTK. They don’t understand that with a longer TTK, yeh you’re more likely to be able to get a few shots off back but you’re no more likely to be able to kill them before they kill you

The TTK/TTD issue is frustrating but it goes both ways, which some slow mofos don’t seem to understand either
  • SharpeXB
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    They don’t understand that with a longer TTK, yeh you’re more likely to be able to get a few shots off back but you’re no more to be able to kill them before they kill you
    No. Because the TTK would have to be stupid long to actually give a defender the chance to shoot back. 99% of kills in this game are one sided. All it accomplishes is to make the game feel ridiculous.

• SharpeXB
    Isn’t the Conquest Core to eventually become Hardcore? In that case wouldn’t it be available for all modes then?

• Bon3zz1001
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

Some noobs get upset coz they keep getting killed and think that it’s down to the shorter TTK. They don’t understand that with a longer TTK, yeh you’re more likely to be able to get a few shots off back but you’re no more likely to be able to kill them before they kill you

The TTK/TTD issue is frustrating but it goes both ways, which some slow mofos don’t seem to understand either
    Scenario
    Player 1 has 45 hp
    Player 2 has 100 hp

Slow TTK means that player 2 can actually fight back and win vs instantly dying. So yeah, there is a difference. Besides how are you going to call people noobs when you have a low SPM and 1.06 k/d?
  • MONEYPYR0
    Bon3zz1001 wrote: »

Scenario
    Player 1 has 45 hp
    Player 2 has 100 hp

Slow TTK means that player 2 can actually fight back and win vs instantly dying. So yeah, there is a difference. Besides how are you going to call people noobs when you have a low SPM and 1.06 k/d?

Thats a terrible scenario. With a fast TTK, it means that player 1 has to be more skilled than player 2, or catch them off guard to win, because player 2 has the health advantage.
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

I only play Halo Team Swat, one shot to the head, LOL.
  • Bon3zz1001
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

Scenario
    Player 1 has 45 hp
    Player 2 has 100 hp

Thats a terrible scenario. With a fast TTK, it means that player 1 has to be more skilled than player 2, or catch them off guard to win, because player 2 has the health advantage.
    This scenario is assuming that P1 fires the first shot before P2 can react. I know it's crazy but most people can actually aim on PC unlike console. The majority of the time this scenario plays out P2 will lose nearly every single time before they can even react at all hence the flood of comments talking about how garbage the TTD is in comparison to TTK.

• Bon3zz1001
    edited December 2018

Scenario
    Player 1 has 45 hp
    Player 2 has 100 hp

This scenario is under the assumption that P1 fired the first bullet before P2 can even react. Now I know this sounds crazy but unlike console most people can aim on PC. The majority of the time this scenario plays out P1 wins by default before P2 can even react at all hence why there's a flood of people talking about how garbage the TTD is in this game.

Then if you want to take a head to head gunfight into account it's literally just throwing dice on a table to see who wins because the netcode in this game is so bad that even if you have lower ping and shoot first the server could have already decided that guy was firing his gun half a second before it even registers on your client. The longer the TTK the longer the server has to actually register what the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ is happening in this game.