New TTK changelog is now Live!

Radious1987
511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited December 2018
Posted few minutes ago by DICE:

In brackets are original values.

Semi Auto Rifles:

Gewehr 43, Selbstlader 1916: Drop to 4 Bullets To Kill around 39 m (never).
Turner SMLE: Drops to 4 BTK around 28 m (50 m), 5 BTK around 68 m (never).
Gewehr 1-5: Drops to 4 BTK around 13 m (30 m), 5 BTK around 44 m (50 m), 6 BTK around 63 m (never).
M1 Carbine: Drops to 5 BTK around 39 m (50 m), 6 BTK around 63 m (never).

Assault Rifles:

Can no longer 4 hit kill with body shots only.
Drop to 6 BTK around 21 m (50 m), 7 BTK around 53 m (never).

LMGs, MMGs:

Drop to 6 BTK around 21 m (50 m), 7 BTK around 57 m (never).

SMGs:

Drop to 6 BTK around 15 m (25 m), 7 BTK around 32 m (50 m), 8 BTK around 49 m (75 m), 9 BTK around 70 m (never).
MP34 does not drop to 9 BTK at range.

Self-Loading Rifles:

Will now require one extra shot when hitting the lower body, arms or legs unless the other shot is a headshot.

Buckshot Shotguns

Unchanged: Same damage.

Slug Shotguns:
Slightly adjusted: Will deal less damage when hitting lower body, arms or legs

Some changes are bit crazy and many weapons will be useless 30+ metres now....
Post edited by Radious1987 on

Comments

• Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Seems now any fast rof guns will dominate. Making 6 shots to kill already around 20 metres with assault rifles/lmgs....
  • SpeedBird219
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Geez. That’s a bit heavy-handed.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sniper rifles are still pathetic and weak unless you can land every single headshot. SMGs are even more worthless unless enemy is literally in front of you. Not really sure if semi-autos deserved any "adjustments".
    I'm sure the game feels awkward now. Any confirmation if these changes managed to fix one frame deaths?
  • CoD_Is_Number_1
    309 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Should have nerfed the size of the head hitbox for snipers whilst they were at it.

I mean SMGs were already in a bad place and now I might as well get out my airsoft Thompson and use that instead.

DICE once again doesn't seem to understand the problem is with the TTD, specifically netcode issues and how easy it is to get OHK by a headshot. Now it's going to be bullet sponges, but with the same TTD issues. I'll kill them in 5 seconds, but it'll appear like I die in 2. Great job.
  • Radious1987
    Any gun which has slow rof or small magazine size is now pretty much dead...global same changes for all hit these guns way more then others.

Lmgs like bren, lewis go to hell, most smgs etc.
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    "meaning players may be getting frustrated with dying too fast that they choose not to log back in and learn how to become more proficient at Battlefield V"

they don't log back in cuz of endless EoR bug and not getting CCoins at 50... ffs...
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe this will make bolt actions for aggressive play viable again.

Still, that's a pretty heavy handed TTK adjustment. Didn't expect that.
  • Ragnarok-Drakkar
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    where are they live in EU i didnt find any difference in TTK...
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sniper rifles are still pathetic and weak unless you can land every single headshot. SMGs are even more worthless unless enemy is literally in front of you. Not really sure if semi-autos deserved any "adjustments".
    I'm sure the game feels awkward now. Any confirmation if these changes managed to fix one frame deaths?

You are sure the game feels awkward, yet you have not played it to test yourself? And there is a Conquest Core server with old values up for you to do cross comparisons.

Are you guys just being weird at this point for the hell of it? I mean the dev asks for the community's feedback in the original post, which should have been linked in the terrible OP.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @disposalist curious to hear your thoughts
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    "We've listened to your feedback..." whose feedback?!? Who asked for this!??

Well, no one. They saw in the data according to them that the TTK was causing people to get frustrated and causing them to not play the game again. Which is true for among some of my friends. But I think it has to do with more than the ttk and really, just the design of the game and it's low visibility. The ttk might be a scape goat.

I view the change as a mixed bag. I currently don't own the game but I played it on origin access and the gunplay was fun and the ttk was okay. I don't mind a slower ttk. I welcome it. It gives you a chance to react to the BS like low visiblity better even if the gunplay suffers a little bit. I find alpha 2 ttk enjoyable so This won't be an issue.

I also think the guns are not fitting the right kits. Medics should have SLRs and I think attrition should be removed. I feel the ttk is sort of the scapegoat in all of the bad gameplay choices that dice chose to implement. But it has some plus and negatives to the changes.