Why there are still so many snipers camping around even in small game modes?

j232211V7
83 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Just for the record, I am not complaining about this anymore, after 2 weeks of playing I have successfully adapted and know how to deal with pesky camping snipers in most situations. Why those players that sometimes exceed 60% of the players in game using sniper class while not playing objective and just doing the "shoot the duck" game, even in small modes as DOM and TD? Twisted Steel in DOM is really a nightmare for assault, medic and support class. I have noticed some people always quitting the lobby as soon as twisted steel is the map to be play next in Domination.

Comments

• hawkseye17
    587 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Been like that since forever
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1492 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Probably b/c people want to use rifles on these WW games. Makes sense, but they made it in so the infantry rifles are practically useless, and so you have to snipe from a distance and camp.

What they should do, is just give the "Pathfinder" aspect to Scout, an ironsight bolt action, and make it more useable. If that were to happen, you'd probably eliminate a lot of snipers, and heavens forbid, it may look more like a WW2 game, when most fielded, bolt action rifles.
  • GuangFuZhongGuo
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sniper players are always snipers, regardless of maps, game modes, whether the team is winning or losing.

Those who prefer camping in high grounds, they will never stop doing so.
  • hawkseye17
    587 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Probably b/c people want to use rifles on these WW games. Makes sense, but they made it in so the infantry rifles are practically useless, and so you have to snipe from a distance and camp.

What they should do, is just give the "Pathfinder" aspect to Scout, an ironsight bolt action, and make it more useable. If that were to happen, you'd probably eliminate a lot of snipers, and heavens forbid, it may look more like a WW2 game, when most fielded, bolt action rifles.

They should've done that with BF1 too. I remember that there were servers which offered 200% damage and standard issue rifles. It was fun and somewhat immersive.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1492 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    hawkseye17 wrote: »

They should've done that with BF1 too. I remember that there were servers which offered 200% damage and standard issue rifles. It was fun and somewhat immersive.

Yep. That's what i mean. For whatever reason, they just don't want people using infantry rifles on their games. I just don't understand. Was it any wonder folks would want to use it on a WW1 game? Gee, i wonder why. But when it's useless, and folks still still want it, they go for the scopes, and/or camp. Makes sense to me.
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1. Because there are no sniper limits in place.
    2. Because PTO is not rewarding enough or some don't care.
    3. Because there are assignments that motivates this playstyle. Especially on game launches.
  • Shadders_X
    486 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hi,
    DICE should offer a few servers that do not allow snipers to be selected as a class, and see what the behaviour is of how many try and join these specific servers, or queue for them.

i would expect that their popularity would be extremely high. In addition, if there are many servers setup with no sniping allowed, that those sniper allowed servers would be relatively empty.

If DICE could implement this on the BF4 servers as a test - then they could gauge the reaction there.

Regards,
    Shadders_X.
  • Mibu-No-Okami
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is where I liked BF1 for having that additional mode server admins could activate called "Standard Issued Rifles" as the name says, every class had the option to pick any of the bolt action rifles with only iron sight, I really loved that "idea" behind that was when I picked Support Class and the Gewehr 98 in hardcore servers because every one was one hit, ahhhh good times to bad BF1 bored me before that Tsar DLC came and I never played it again since. Wonder how it is going to be with this game, I mean I like it and all but so many bugs and unfinished stuff makes this game so annoying at times.
  • FillthyCasuall
    96 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hawkseye17 wrote: »

Back to Basics mode right? I played two games before people stopped playing it. But those two games were crazy fun. Just a bolt action rifle and a pistol and that's it. Loved it. Hopefully they do something similar in this one. Also something similar to War Pigeons. Some of the best matches in that mode as well.
  • danosta
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    3. Because there are assignments that motivates this playstyle. Especially on game launches.

I like to play as recon...
    1. There will never be limits in this game is a sandbox which should allow you to play however you want to.
    2. This is probably true.
    3. 100% agree with you that the assignments are ridiculous that you have to get all sorts of prone head shots. This absolutely requires me to camp well away from the objectives to achieve these assignments. I hate going prone as I typically play more aggressive and I'm always on the move is a sniper. These assignments should be completely redone.
  • j232211V7
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    danosta wrote: »

I like to play as recon...
    1. There will never be limits in this game is a sandbox which should allow you to play however you want to.
    2. This is probably true.
    3. 100% agree with you that the assignments are ridiculous that you have to get all sorts of prone head shots. This absolutely requires me to camp well away from the objectives to achieve these assignments. I hate going prone as I typically play more aggressive and I'm always on the move is a sniper. These assignments should be completely redone.

Fair enough. However, it’s very annoying when 80-90% go for the recon route and I’ve been in couple of DOM matches which lasted aprox.1 hour instead of 15 minutes because of this sniper plague issue. No dispespect intended. Half of my team left after 30 minutes of strugling against those gifted snipers.
    Funny part is how they always loose, and those who play objective as we do, always win.I guess some really don’t care about winning a match as long as their KD/s remain high. Just my 2 cents.