TTK Changes Discussion : All platforms

Comments

• DrunkOnRedWine
    1686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'll have to adapt back to the quicker TTK after playing TDM the last few evenings. Easy mode as there is so much more time to recover and it's pretty easy to evade being shot after the first two bullets. My stats have shot up but it just isn't fun and no one give a monkey about stats anymore anyway.

Welcome back original TTK!
  • maxghasan
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    It is clearly because of youtubers influence. Their announcement reads "our veteran players did not ask for it (ttk change)".

Nothing about reverting the ttk is to due to data they gathered, but because of youtubers flexing their muscles and boycotting the game.

It is not really for the silent majority who play the game for fun, and dont even know what ttk or ttd is, and not for the majority that plays the game on console, not pc.
  • TG_JAZZY
    1096 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TG_JAZZY wrote: »
    The increase in snipers was noticeable and a few more LMG users also, this made for a real frustrating game, how in the hell would that be beneficial to potential 'new' players over the holiday period. Glad the old TTK is back its how its meamt to be.

A few nights ago I joined the Rotterdam map..spawned on the team spawn facing the "A" flag.. looked up at the rail bridge, it lit up like lights on a Christmas tree from sniper glint..while I was shaking my head in disgust someone blew it off.

Yeh its endemic atm, and with the automatic locked squads (another pain in the backside) at night I get put in these squads of random snipers,not handy when you want to be in the thick of the action.
  • S_Markt
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    are you kidding me with the new ttk the game become at least a little bit more playable and now you 180? this game is a bs-ke7camper party and mine will land at ebay tommorow
  • S_Markt
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you are truly skilled then TTK means nothing. You will adapt.

this is wrong. if you are truly skilled, you take cover after you have been hit once but this is not possible with the original ttk. it has been hard enough with the new ttk. the original ttk only supports ke7 campers with no skill and other spray and pray noobs. semi autos are unplayable with the o-ttk. this game has got a horrible gunplay and it it is no fun to play at all.

• S_Markt
    I can’t for the life of me figure this out.

TTK is now slower than BF1 for a lot of weapons.

People are now going to be raging that people are just bunny hoping through continued fire.

the solution for bunnyhopping is not to change the ttk, but to reduce the acuracy of the weapon to 20% for a second after a jump.

• Zooboid
    926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I’m done with BFV. This constant knee jerk reaction just shows me they haven’t a clue. I didn’t like the new TTK because they didn’t sort the TTD and visibility issues. Now they revert it back without testing anything. So I’m going to stick with BF1/BF4 until the game has been fixed properly.
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Introduce < 20 rank player servers? Or some other method for players to play against similar levels, or add bots to the testing range?..... might help them get to grips with the game rather than subjecting everyone to the garbage that is TTK2.

Planetside 2 had a whole beginner world (which contained a smaller scale world, but all the main mechanisms for the game) for players less than rank 5, they could choose whether to play there or go straight to the main game. Once they hit level 5 they would be automatically migrated,
  • plasticman883
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    maxghasan wrote: »
    It is clearly because of youtubers influence. Their announcement reads "our veteran players did not ask for it (ttk change)".

Nothing about reverting the ttk is to due to data they gathered, but because of youtubers flexing their muscles and boycotting the game.

It is not really for the silent majority who play the game for fun, and dont even know what ttk or ttd is, and not for the majority that plays the game on console, not pc.

Finally someone gets it.

These YT'ers lose money if they don't play well consistently (relative to them).

I remember when changes were made to BF1 it was constantly speculated it was due to influential pro-gamers, not sure how the same critical analysis isn't being done with this tbh.
  • MarkyPancake
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Please fix the issue that makes it look like you're getting killed by one pistol bullet, let alone automatic rifle fire.

I don't recall this issue on console from Bad Company to BF1, but now it's constant in BFV.
  • EA_Alexander
    542 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
    edited December 2018
    TTK values are being reverted to it's original state as we speak. Closing the thread as it serves no purpose.
    Post edited by EA_Alexander on
This discussion has been closed.