TTK Changes Discussion : All platforms

Comments

• Bendis91
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bring back the old TTK please... This is no fun, people running around in open fields like cows when they get out in spring! I noticed it last night when my buddy was yelling numbers at me (the hitpoints) ''My god 99!'' ''Dammit! 97 you kidding me?!'' etc etc And I noticed alot of people take soooooo many bullets before they drop, I even survived two shotgun shells and got the guy! you kidding me?! This is BS, change it, NOW
  • therealzyzygy
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Accuracy is key now. Playing today, I found I got better once I focussed on this. I do dislike the new TTK and some weapons suffer more than others - the across the board nerf was clumsy by DICE. The silly thing is, because accuracy is now so essential it is the more casual players who will suffer and these are the people the new TTK was aimed at. It doesn't achieve what DICE set out to do.
  • thePROCESSmf25
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For those of you like myself unhappy with the TTK and just the way DICE conducts themselves in general, I suggest we all go play a game like World War 3 or another FPS. Only thing that’s gonna speak to dice is their pocket book, that much is clear.
  • Eclipse4349
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am a huge fan of the TTK as it was at release. Weapon damage felt right, and no one was a bullet sponge at any range. The gunplay felt better than I had experienced in a battlefield game in a very long time, and I have been around since the original Battlefield 1942.

The revised TTK is a step in the wrong direction. It leans too far into bullet sponge territory, and there were times I was asking myself "am I using a BB gun now?". Those moments were virtually non-existent before.

Those I play with all share the same feeling, and we will only be playing Conquest Core, at this point. Increasing TTK has a negative impact on the feel of the game, which Dice had really dialed in well at release. If the TTK is messed with as it is now outside of Conquest Core, I won't be endorsing and advocating for the game nearly as strongly, because one of the main draws was how the gunplay and damage felt and the impact it had on the gameplay. Increasing TTK caters to those who run around like headless chickens, and feels off to those who play more thoughtfully.
  • DRAZILL90
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This new implementation of TTK is really bad and not asked for.
    Why?
    Because, me who played Battlefield games since 1942 , addapted to think about map design, somewhat tactical approach to gameplay, to use terrain and outmaneuver and outsmart my enemy.
    Release TTK allowed that and so many ppl liked it cause it offers you to think ur approach and it felt good.
    Also players who are not skilled shooters could easily kill me 1v1 cause they dont need to aim for my head as much.
    Now...what do we have now is...players will try to outsmart their opponent, start shooting at them...and instead of getting rewarded for a good flanking with 2 or 3 kills, we will need much more time to kill one player not to mention few...after everyone will have time to react to more tactical maneuvers...
    Battlefield feels sluggish now, enemies are bullet sponges, SMGs are USELESS now, SLRs as well...
    Ppl will now stick together and zerg between capture points which eliminates any chance of thoughtful playstyle.
    And about topic that this is noob friendly is WRONG!
    Why, because TTK was never the problem ppl were dropping instantly...TTD was and mostly due to server problems...
    Imagine new player now experiencing this...shooting for several seconds painstakingly trying to kill somebody 1v1 and gets 1 frame dropped down STILL because of server issues...that are still a PROBLEM!
    Now the REAL problem is MASKED and not dealt with which is BAD!
    Pus, in need for more bullets to kill, we will need more ammo as well!
    That is way more frustrating for new players than ill fast body kill somebody, somebody else will fast body kill me...
  • Xyos2121
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Time to stop playing. They ruined the game. It's not the same game. We should get refunds.
  • Simuliz
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tested couple games on the new conquest servers. Support weapons are not that effective on mid/long range. I have to spray like hell now reload instantly (Atm use lewis gun) . And ppl can bunny hop around. Medic weapons got even weaker. I liked the small buff and i hope they do lil more on them. Assault weapons change same thing.

The game feels more slow phasing, it is not tactical gameplay on servers with new TTK changes.(Attrition, using smokes and cover to move on/flanking is not that rewarding anymore also)

I highly prefer the original TTK, i hope Dice can soon fix that TTD issue also.
  • x_Superblu
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The new TTK is rubbish.
    It literally undid all you guys have been working on coming up to the release of BF:V.
    The gun balance is now gone, run 'n gun style is back. Not good.
    Numbers should show that people, your CORE COMMUNITY, not the "quiet ones", want Conquest Core over standard "new" conquest.

Also you should start worrying about the REAL TOP 3 ISSUES of the game:

1) bad networking in general, as in one frame deaths being the worse of the whole topic, desync issues caused by servers being overloaded at times and so on

2) SMGs being useless at any range. You can outgun a medic with everything. No wonder people don't pick the medic class as much as it should be

3) the damn DMR rifles that you can literally spam with no recoil whatsoever

#NotMyTTK #FixNetcode #ListenToUs
  • MarkFury67
    748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've played 8 hours of the new TTK, across all classes and switched through as many weapons as I could. The only perceptible differences were with SLRs and Bren/Lewis. I think those could be buffed IN GUN and things will be just fine.

I'm a very average skill player and still had no problem consistently doing well.
  • Jazz
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Yea, ridiculous isn't it.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Is TTK 2.0 that different from TTK 1.0?

Never seen sooo many threads about it.

Not sure what all the fuss is about...so it takes me like 1 more bullet to kill, so what. I'm still getting my normal scores, and kills in conquest matches.

And don't misinterpret, I preferred the original TTK. Just felt right.

Anyhow...thinking everyone should just work on adapting, or like ProLegion_exor said...'accuracy is key now'

It is. A bullet more to kill can be a long time in a game like that. If we assume an average accuracy of 25%, which many will never reach, you are looking at four more bullets per kill. We are still talking milliseconds, but every engagements here is measured that way. More bullets spent also mean less accuracy.
    It is also crucial when going up against multiple targets from a beneficial position. The more time it takes to kill the one guy, the more time the second guy has to react and kill you, diminishing your advantage.
    More crucial is bullet economy and magsize. Suddenly weapons with a magazine lower than 31 are not recommendable, because of the low kill capacity. Further some weapon classes now have ridiculous BTK values at very relevant engagement ranges. 9 bullets for an MP40 to kill at 75m is way too long.
  • LieutenantHelmut
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Please change it back, the old TTK was much more fun.
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Netcode is terrible. Everytime I see a guy half my ping I get killed instantly and my shots won't register.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1692 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Dral13 wrote: »
    C’mon DICE... another point of view from someone who usually defends you.

Fair points, I have never watched JackFrags or any of the other Youtubers but he tends to waffle.

I found Westie's assessment harsher and more on the money. The "It makes the game look like a joke" line had me chuckling.

This discussion has been closed.