TTK Changes Discussion : All platforms

Comments

• Loki_Deezie
    872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bad aim, maybe hit a HS once and awhile.
  • Oracl3man
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Very bad move from EA/Dice and if this turns into a reskinned Casualfield 1 I'm done
  • Khann96
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I liked the old TTK much better. The new TTK will just make automatic weapons the most used weapons. People will gravitate towards higher rate of fire weapons or sniper rifles. Now weapons like the Turner for example, cannot kill multiple enemies unless you land headshots, but even then you have to be insanely accurate because you only have 10 rounds. I'd rather play the old TTK with improved netcode. I wouldn't have stopped playing this game if you guys put the new TTK in the current Core playlist. Instead we are forced to play Conquest and use the server filters to even find matches within our region. I really believe that the majority of players preferred the old TTK. At least from what I've seen both in game and on the forums.
  • ImCaligula
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I literally had the game for less than a week before you changed TTK. In that time I praised it everywhere despite its unfinished state because of how fun the gameplay was. I even got one of them to buy it, and was trying to convince others to get it too, they even jokingly asked me if I was being paid to sponsor it for how much I was raving about it. Now you changed what made it good and left a gameplay that is mediocre at best. I didn't want to complain before I tried either, so I did try it. Now I can say it's ****. I'll stop playing the game and go back to siege until this is fixed. I shouldn't be this pissed about this, but I am. I got this game for free with my gpu and was not expecting much from it. I got very pleasantly surprised from it, and now it turned sour. Change it back please.
  • renerabbitt
    12 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are we all so self important that we can't show some gratitude in the fact that we can click a button and be jettisoned to a different era to pretend like we're fighting in our grandfather's war. Nothing but hate for the hard working production teams that have no doubt poured their lives into producing innovation amidst tightened deadlines and insurmountable coding issues. Cut some slack, I admit to being a pre-modona from time to time, and I appreciate it when my friends call me out on it...take a step back and look at the big picture. This game will be good, give it some time. Heaven forbid half of you start stock trading, SMH.

Poured their lives in? Their pockets are padded enough to where I'm not gonna feel bad about them doing the job they signed up to do lol. They had 2 years to make a game and made a glorified beta instead of a whole game. Now they're literally "testing" in public matches across the board rather than having any type of cte or anything. It's not acceptable and the level that they've done their job to is a level that would lose people their jobs in other professions. This is now the world of gaming sadly..

Oh those poor poor devs who were forced to make video games for a living. 🤦‍♂️

Curious if anyone ever stopped and considered that the plug could just be pulled on this production. That Youtubers bashing the game doesn't actually help. That promoting the game and gaining it traction and in turn revenue, could be productive toward getting additional resources for implementing all of these proposed changes. Instead of a bunch of emotional-teeshirt wearing twenty year olds threatening to never buy an EA title again, complaining as if their very lives are being crushed by the weight of it all.

Way too many moving targets for a statement such as the Devs pockets are fat. Short on resources, time, unexpected coding issues...its not like they copy pasted for this game--stuff happens, and you're developing for multi-platform, global, etc. etc. It's not as easy as seemingly everyone in this thread make it out to be- Fix the netcode!!! they scream, don't you think they're trying to. Suddenly a hotfix to the TTK doesn't sound all that outragious to me, let the loyal fanbase scream for a week while we fix the netcode and in the meantime maybe we can get some casual gamers to stick with it a bit longer.

Its probably simple as analytics- a casual gamer isn't going to buy if they're going to die at the first spamming SMG from 100 meters-hey I have an idea, lets just roll out a new TTK, get some additional moneys and throw some more man hours at server upgrades and TTD (kind've sounds like what I would do in their shoes)
  • r3f1cul666
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    at the end of the day its an enjoyment thing for me ... and i just dont enjoy BFV :/ i instantly die, i struggle to see people CONSTANTLY and now i feel like my bullets are made of condoms and gummy bears :( this game feels bad a lot of the time on 60hz servers on pc but on console with 30hz servers its somehow unimaginably worse than already bad ... no clue what dice are thinking but i put in a good amount of time in BF games and am rather good at them and im already just done with this game tbh :/ just not fun and they continue to make horrid decision after horrid decision IMO so guess im just waiting for some more updates and i'll give it another shot down the road and if i dont like it then, then i'll just shelf the game and move on... plenty of other games out but it does really suck to not have a main shooter to play for the year :(
  • Loki_Deezie
    872 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yea I have a feeling everyone saying that the new TTK has ruined the game for them means they couldnt aim in the first place. Anyone with decent aim can hit 1 extra bullet. And anyone with good aim will hit HS on not notice a single difference because HS damage wass not changed.
  • realMartiniHenry
    152 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Top 6 most frustrating things in BF 5:

1.Vaulting
    2. Netcode
    3. Lack of dedicated Server
    4. No live ticket count in the server browser
    5. loading times while entering and leaving a server
    6. not nearly enough maps to play on
  • TheSeries3
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't like the new TTK. changing it because players leaving the game does not make sense. you can kill people in bf4 way faster than the original bf5 ttk. if players are leaving the game is cause they want to play a BR game. BR is still the rage for many people.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DavTan wrote: »
    Let's get real. This is all about the money. EA suits have decided that this game hasn't met it's targets ie performed as well as bf1 . Therefore they conclude that it's the ttk that will push the game closer to being like bf1. And people that liked bf1 will come back.
    I'm not sure they are right with those conclusions.
    I think the best everyone can hope for is they keep both standard ttk 2 and core ttk 1... Which from the loading screen blurb for core implies this is what they are doing.
    I shall keep my other thoughts on this debacle to myself and try to adapt to whatever is thrown at us.
    Btw I never had an issue with the ttd on console.

There may be some upper office management here. This vid floated onto my YT recommendations last night, so I watched it while I finished a beer.

Its not 100% tied to BFV, but EA and BFV come up numerous times, and he examines the stock numbers of various AAA game developers. This recent TTK shift makes a little more sense in light of this information. Doesn't mean its good, but sheds some light anyways
  • TEKNOCODE
    11608 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    warslag wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    He didn't die quickly at all, every damage registered separately, slow the video down. This was as fair as it gets.

I slowed it down and watched it several times. It looked like he hit him eight times.
    It looked like he hit him about 8 times. Even if it was less than that it should be enough to drop someone. Plus he did die really quickly. If it was the other player that shot him then something doesn't make sense.

The other player had better aim. Makes complete sense.

How do you know he had better aim when you have only seen what happened from one perspective?
    How do you know he/she didn’t?

As @HardAimedKid said, one headshot from OP would have changed the outcome.

Edit: OP clarified that he died from a second player.

So in other words: the other player didn't have better aim at all. OP was killed by a third party.

Doesn't change the fact that OP hit the player he was aiming at approximately eight times.
    OP’s bullets were flopping all over the place. I don’t have the best aim on most days, but the purpose of the thread definitely isn’t supported by the supplied video.
  • AzafTazarden
    140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I still get killed by people I damaged for 99 the same amount as before, so the game experience is about the same to me lol
  • warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    He didn't die quickly at all, every damage registered separately, slow the video down. This was as fair as it gets.

I slowed it down and watched it several times. It looked like he hit him eight times.
    It looked like he hit him about 8 times. Even if it was less than that it should be enough to drop someone. Plus he did die really quickly. If it was the other player that shot him then something doesn't make sense.

How do you know he had better aim when you have only seen what happened from one perspective?

So in other words: the other player didn't have better aim at all. OP was killed by a third party.

Doesn't change the fact that OP hit the player he was aiming at approximately eight times.
    OP’s bullets were flopping all over the place. I don’t have the best aim on most days, but the purpose of the thread definitely isn’t supported by the supplied video.

Well, he hit his target with 30% or more of his shots, so I have to disagree with you.
  • Loki_Deezie

I count 5 hits and most of those his his legs/foot.

HS = same damage as before. Aim for the head.
  • TEXls1
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is what happens when you listen to the loud minority that has no clue what the really want.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11608 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I was about to say. I see five, possibly six hits. Definitely not eight. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • zePokar1
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Honestly this isn't a good clip at all. Personally I played (only a couple of matches) and didn't notice that much of a difference. At range with the M14a I definately felt that extra bullet but didn't really bothered me. Haven't tryed the SMG's maybe that would be more noticeable then.

But Tbh I thought the TTK was just fine before and about the same as BF3 or BF4. So overall I question the decision to change such an important part of the game that seemed fine before.
  • Clarence_6000
    886 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    LOL, random words..
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah I had one yesterday. I didn't die but it was what I'd call unsatisfying gunplay:

You and I are completely on the same page as each other regarding the ttk, but wasn't that too close for the changes to affect the gunplay? Maybe just their horrendous netcode perhaps more than ttk?
  • warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

You're right it was 5 not 8. He fired 20 times and hit with 5 so that's 25% accuracy. That's not that bad from where he was considering he was being shot while he fired.
This discussion has been closed.