TTK Changes Discussion : All platforms

Comments

• xThe_JF
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    This update has made DMR snipers completely useless. I am being completely outclassed as a recon playing with RSC or the ZH-29. No matter what the distance is between me and my enemy, unless I get the first 2 shots in before the enemy can react, I have no chance. When assault and support players are able to kill snipers at "sniper sweet spot range" then something is terribly wrong. It already requires great amount of skill to use the rsc or zh because of the low bullet capacity. The RSC in BF1 was not everyones go to weapon, but those (including me) who liked to shoot precisly instead of hip fire, really enjoyed it and it was rewarding. In BF1 it took 2 bullets to kill. Now it takes 3 and keep in mind that in BF1 you had twice the amount of ammo on the RSC. I found myself constantly running out of ammo, taking down 1 enemy per mag and if I saw 2 or more I knew I was screwed. I switched to the M1 rifle on the assault class and it felt so much better, even if doing less damage, I got way more kills with it. My kdr with the RSC was 2.0+ and after the update I was struggling to even keep it level at 1.0. It was so frustrating and it made me dislike the recon class, which has always been my favorite.
    Almost forgot to mention. DICE said that people will be running wounded, so the snipers do less damage. Well when was the last time you saw a wounded enemy (unless some1 just took a shot at them)? As soon as first 2 bullets hit, they spam X. Everyone is constantly on 100hp
  • 9pito9
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Take bf4 ratio ttk etc etc
  • DirtyDog1974
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    But, but what about splitting the community? Isn't that what Dice wanted to avoid with this game?
  • DrYeeper
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Terrible idea. Boring, noob friendly, not rewarding, slow paced, feels like arcade game made for people that play any fps for the first time in life. Glad you left core for normal players - thanks for that.
  • Singe1989
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    But, but what about splitting the community? Isn't that what Dice wanted to avoid with this game?

I think it will end up TTK 1.0 will be hardcore mode and 2.0 will be the standard, which has been in previous games so don’t see it being a big issue
  • spartanx169x
    874 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

This is not splitting the community. It is in essence an additional game mode just as hardcore is. You have to know this. Splitting the community would be restricting some of the commmunity from content while others have access to it. All the players have access to the core servers.
  • Goblinstomper
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Urrgghhh this update is awful!
    Its yet another example of a small but vocal group of people ruining something that is completely fine.
    Whats the point of tactics and teamwork when everyone is wrapped in a Kevlar duvet that takes half a clip to get through... Any one of us could have told you that was a bad idea.
  • DirtyDog1974
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes but isn't splitting the community into TTK 1.0 and TTK 2.0? I fail to see your logic in saying that does not split us into 2 groups.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I dont see a difference other than when my aim is not at its best.

When my aim is on point I am hitting HS which they did not change the damage on those.

You are mostly playing medic, right? So I would assume you are mostly in close quarters, where the TTK change is not as severe. Once you get into 6BTK ranges (which is still pretty close) you will feel it, depending on your accuracy. At that range also any headshots you will get with automatic weapons is pure coincidence.
  • 1984rage
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So this is out of the picture now?

[video="
  • Fnec
    postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Devs shouldn't change good mechanics because a few morons don't like the change between BF1 and BFV. BFV is less casual and that's a good thing. Stop trying to please everybody and own your game, you had a great game and it's going to turn to [removed] because you're trying to satisfy a few people who don't like any difficulty in gaming... Players just need to learn how to play the game. but they can't do that if you change gameplay every month... The best old multiplayer FPS weren't noob friendly at all and they were still very loved by players... New TTK is [removed] bring back the old one please...
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • davisbrandon1911
    53 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Once they drop custom servers all this will be mute because you can tweak the damage to your liking.....
  • BURGERKRIEG
    1047 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So more bullets are needed to kill now but the attrition system has not been changed to compensate?

Surely I must be wrong here?
  • DirtyDog1974
    Big assumption that there will be customer servers though
  • homicidlwheelman
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yesssss, leave up to them to patch the loyal bf supporters out, and cater to the millenial whining instant gratification noob that will stop playing the game the second the next AAA title releases....
  • Singe1989
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes but isn't splitting the community into TTK 1.0 and TTK 2.0? I fail to see your logic in saying that does not split us into 2 groups.

Their are 2 different types of TTK in hardcore and standard... in every Battlefield game. And you can choose to play either, so no it’s splitting nothing.
  • davisbrandon1911
    53 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Big assumption that there will be customer servers though

I feel like there will be. That a huge draw to the BF series. If they dont then the TTK will be the least of our worries by the time they are done.
  • AMeatyFist
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Search server list for conquest-core they use the old TTK.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    warslag wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    0SiGHT0 wrote: »
    He didn't die quickly at all, every damage registered separately, slow the video down. This was as fair as it gets.

I slowed it down and watched it several times. It looked like he hit him eight times.
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    It looked like he hit him about 8 times. Even if it was less than that it should be enough to drop someone. Plus he did die really quickly. If it was the other player that shot him then something doesn't make sense.

The other player had better aim. Makes complete sense.

How do you know he had better aim when you have only seen what happened from one perspective?
    How do you know he/she didn’t?

As @HardAimedKid said, one headshot from OP would have changed the outcome.

Edit: OP clarified that he died from a second player.

So in other words: the other player didn't have better aim at all. OP was killed by a third party.

Doesn't change the fact that OP hit the player he was aiming at approximately eight times.

I count 5 hits and most of those his his legs/foot.

HS = same damage as before. Aim for the head.

You're right it was 5 not 8. He fired 20 times and hit with 5 so that's 25% accuracy. That's not that bad from where he was considering he was being shot while he fired.

No not terrible but that 5 hits could have been 3 with a kill if he aimed at the head and not the legs. At that range 25% is not the greatest ACC

As said in another thread, headshots, even at that range with ironsights and full-auto are pure coincidence. Spread (yes it is in the game) and recoil will see to that. I would also say the higher your headshotcount the worse your accuracy and aim actually is with automatic weapons. Also 25% accuracy, which is also his average accuracy with the STG44 is really good. I just looked up his stats, too. He is pretty decent.
    While the video showed him at not his best, the point he illustrates is valid. That guy would have been dead one bullet earlier (possibly he as well), the whole firefight took too long at that range, which I have trouble calling medium. He lost a 2vs1 which could likely have a 2 1vs1s in a row.
This discussion has been closed.