Dice please fix your game, Im sick and tired of the Network lag/packet loss icons showing up.

buckeyefan26x
44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited December 2018
I have been experiencing non-stop network issues Icons pop up on my screen. I did all the EA help website said to do. I have zero issues with all my other online multiple games, Black ops4, War thunder, World of warships, Heroes and Generals etc. Switching from DX12 to DX11 did help a little bit strangely but I continued to be plagued with packet loss symbols that sometimes turn read causing the game to LAG spike the screen or for it to lag up/pause. Sometimes I get a high Latency icon but my ping stays at a constant 27. I've done everything on my end to fix the problem. Reset the router, bought brand new cables, reinstalled network windows 10 drivers, everything. Please fix the game/servers. Is anyone else experiencing these types of problems along with having those network issues icons constantly pop up on your screen. Any other suggestions?

I am playing on the PC I should point out too.

Comments

• buckeyefan26x
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Still having network issues
  • Oskool_007
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Go to http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest and see what you score.

ccda32c446e3ea9917a8d06110e6e9552a609c9d.PNG

How's your score on the Buffer Bloat and Quality test?
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I constantly have ping under 10 and most stable fiber connection that is possible in my country and when some high pingers join the server or for no reason at all I will have the icons too.

BTW only in 64 player game modes, never in the smaller game modes, so probably a capacity problem of the server.

The server performance is even worse than in BF V and probably, in combination with worse netcode, also one of the causes of the poor TTD.

I believe they switched to Amazon only, in BF1 I thought they had multiple server providers.
  • 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    The servers are horrific, I also have these icons on the PS4 with regularity. I have a hardwired connection with a 1 gbps fiber line. Only game that does it as well. The servers and netcode have been a joke since Battlefield 4 and until they hire different people to make these games and the engine, it isn't going to change.
  • buckeyefan26x
    I kept the network graph up during one of my matches, there is lag spikes but not once did it show packet loss. There was another marker colored lime green that would spike which look like a little rubber banding when it did it. I think I'm going to put in a support ticket so EA/dice knows there a problems with the game.
  • ragnarok013
    3948 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I've had this issue since BF1 despite having fiber internet, and a UOTrace that is clean, and setting my net as per the EA instructions as well. I really wish that I had some advice for you @buckeyefan26x ! I do miss the ability that they patched out of BF1 to turn those icons off.
  • oXGeminiXo
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I usually have a 13/14 ping with my router sitting right next to my xbox hardwired and i have a decent internet speed and I still get packet loss icon. I always check and my ping is usually the lowest in the server so maybe it is the servers are muffing packets that cause the ttd to be so bad. Not to mention I also am missing hit notifications I will just have random hp loss for like 40+ and I'm not on fire. I also get times where I will see a player with the blue icon above them and they kill me only to be the enemy but i mistook them for friendly because of the icon. Not one teammate was around them but I also may have the objective icon in the bg so I just deal but I do hate the fact that they dont make icons different colors because it throws you off.