Weekly Debrief

[ICI] Gamers is recruiting mature members (18+) for PC - EU & NA

BDubzZz86
43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited April 1
Who are we?
The Institute for Casual International Gamers (or ICI Gamers for short) is a multi-gaming community founded by a few friends several years back. We are looking for (active voice) players to fill our ranks and have a good time dominating some servers. Furthermore it is important to note, once again, that we are multi-gaming community and that not all of our members play Battlefield V (although almost all of our members currently own/play the game).The only sort of "requirement" we have is that people come on Discord when they are playing games. If a member hasn't come onto Discord and has been inactive in-game for a period of 30 days (or more) we will kick him/her.

What are we about?
The thing about ICI Gamers is that we are definitely defined as a "fun" community as is. This doesn't mean that we don't want to do some of the more serious things like Clan Battles but we emphasize fun and just fun banter/chatting. The chatting part for us is more important than the actual activity in-game. We understand people might have a wife/kids/school/other obligations that prevent them from gaming 24/7 so this is definitely not a requirement. Having said that we like to get to know our members in somewhat more detail and we believe that talking to one another over voice comms like Discord is the way to go. 

Currently we have over 150 members (of which 20+ for Battlefield V) on our Discord that range from all corners of Europe and some from even outside of Europe. With last week's release of Battlefield 5: Firestorm there are quite a few active voice/chat people on Discord that are up for a few rounds!

In order to join us there are a few things to note such as:
*We use Discord (click here to join)
*Try to be active in Discord (chat/mic)
*Be polite/respectful towards other players within and, more importantly, outside our community.
*You must be born before 31/12/1999 to join us
*Preferably based in either GMT/GMT+1/GMT+2 timezone.
*We try to be online on weekdays from 19:00 - 22:30 GMT+1

What can we offer?

Something that we don't lack is humor and a bit of light name calling. As we prioritize having fun (regardless of the game we play) we do like to laugh and just joke around often. There are definitely a few more "serious" gamers among us that like to let their rage blood pump high but this is generally only of short time. As stated earlier we are a multi-gaming community so we most of our members also play other games but as long as that doesn't bother you I think you'll fit right in! Lastly most of our members that play Battlefield V are veteran members of the Battlefield series and have played since the Battlefield 1942 days.

How can you join us?
If you're interested in joining it's actually quite simple; just join our Discord server and send one of the "Elite" members a DM so that one of them may grant you the proper rights on Discord.
Hope to see you on the battefield!
Post edited by BDubzZz86 on

Comments

• BDubzZz86
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    BUMPIE BUMB

I've messaged a few people on the forum (here) yesterday. Use this section if you're interested in joining us :)
    Remember; our goal/mission is to create a tight organisation of people that have fun playing together with one another...we're NOT striving to grow to 1000+ members!
  • BDubzZz86
    More members are always welcome :)
  • BDubzZz86
    BUMP:

We're most active on Mondays through Thursday from 19:00 GMT+1 for anyone that wants to know!
  • BDubzZz86
    Already a few new members joined; come squad up and get top squads!
  • sc0ut
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We've had some great members join up in the last few days. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions before joining!
  • BDubzZz86
    BUMP:

We've gotten 3 new members through here already.
    If you're interested in joining our Platoon and getting a squad going on our Discord server; let me know.
  • 9IronKiller
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You guys use TS too or just Discord?
  • Wolphard
    6 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    sc0ut wrote: »
    We've had some great members join up in the last few days. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions before joining!

One of them being me. Always happy to gain more. :)
    You guys use TS too or just Discord?

Just Discord I'm afraid. It's the central hub of the community.
  • BDubzZz86
    Discord is the only voice app we use - Facebook group going to get revamped in 2019!

More (casual) members are always welcome :)
  • BDubzZz86
    BUMP:

Growing more and more! Come join us (leave a post here if you have any questions)
  • TheUberBatman0
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Played a couple Grand Operations with sc0ut and look forward to continue playing with these guys.
  • sc0ut
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Played a couple Grand Operations with sc0ut and look forward to continue playing with these guys.

Same here, those were some great games!
  • Bohdandy
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Good casual group, can drop in on the evenings for a few rounds of conquest, would love some more players to play throughout the day. So come and join us for some squad up action.
  • novitaun
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I joined some weeks ago, it is what I was seeking for

:) First of all it is a casual group.
    :) Second, its in my timezone. CET.
    :) No need to text while playing which is pretty sloppy and slow. The use of Discord is pretty simple and known from other games.
    :) Playing as a squad helps to max your performance and scores.
    :) I have met several members and the degree of maturity is quite good (I am not made for useless game dramas, I have real life for that)

Looking forward to see you guys arround Fun Fun Fun
  • LexhSnake
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Great ! wanna join for sure!
  • pingjerker
    1 postsMember Member
    sounds cool, i really wan't to play as a working squad
  • BDubzZz86
    BUMP:

Sorry for the inactivity guys; people been busy around the holidays!
    Our Discord is alive and well - keep an eye out in the #battlefield5 chat in our Discord to see who wants to squad up.
    Also; if you need help joining the "Platoon" in origin let me know :)
  • BDubzZz86
    BUMPIE DE LA BUMP:

I hate having our topic on the second page!
    Come join a bunch of casual peeps from EU/US on Discord!
  • wingnut0070
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I joined up with these guys last night. Wow so much fun and way better than playing with randoms who don't communicate.
  • Gravlar_SN9
    267 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’d be interested. I’m pretty casual in terms of time available to play as I have to find the spare hour or two around a toddler, family and work but I wouldn’t mind it being a little less casual when I do get time to pop on!

If I get a chance I’ll pop into discord tonight.