Woman voice: "you lost object A"

Comments

• ThePoolshark
    2502 postsMember, Game Changer, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Game Changer
    Congaz wrote: »
    Mr7Beans wrote: »
    They're probably going to change it.
    however i hope they don't change the objective names (Apples, Butter, Charlie, Duff etc..)
    it suits the game way more than the modern ones.

They aren't changing it

It has been in for at least 6 months, if it was a place holder, it would have been changed for the alpha

As mentioned, Dice has heard nothing about this before the live stream vent live. Alot of people have spoken out about it now. im willing to say its the discussion with most threads over the forums, not just this one.

Yet again, time will tell. If it get changed, kept or an On/Off switch for it is something we will discover on the launch or later dlc/patches.

Turning it off would go against its purpose. It serves as an aid for oblivious people.

They have heard discussions. The live stream is not the first tine people have seen this game. There have been numerous playtest/feedback session, multiple game changer settings, etc. The voice was brought up, and the choice was explained, but I can't discuss it as I am under NDA. If they feel the need to justify the artistic direction of THEIR game, they can.

In the end, this is their vision, and having something that irritates a small number of players that has no bearing on gameplay, is probably not a huge priority to them.

If it actually annoys the player enough that they want to disable it, then it's their choice. If I want to disable the HUD and have an inherit disadvantage, the game allows me to.

Allowing for this to be turned off in the settings would be the easiest compromise to make, and it wouldn't affect Dice's vision of the game. The game is as they want it, but players have the option to alter the experience to their liking.

I disagree, they have the option to alter their experience to DICE's liking.
  • Loqtrall
    12177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    pss4dm wrote: »
    however i hope they don't change the objective names (Apples, Butter, Charlie, Duff etc..)

They aren't changing it

It has been in for at least 6 months, if it was a place holder, it would have been changed for the alpha

As mentioned, Dice has heard nothing about this before the live stream vent live. Alot of people have spoken out about it now. im willing to say its the discussion with most threads over the forums, not just this one.

Yet again, time will tell. If it get changed, kept or an On/Off switch for it is something we will discover on the launch or later dlc/patches.

Turning it off would go against its purpose. It serves as an aid for oblivious people.

They have heard discussions. The live stream is not the first tine people have seen this game. There have been numerous playtest/feedback session, multiple game changer settings, etc. The voice was brought up, and the choice was explained, but I can't discuss it as I am under NDA. If they feel the need to justify the artistic direction of THEIR game, they can.

In the end, this is their vision, and having something that irritates a small number of players that has no bearing on gameplay, is probably not a huge priority to them.

This whole thing is akin to someone who is not a painter walking into an art gallery criticizing a piece for not being what they want. Same thing, this is a piece of art fron DICE, and no matter how much you armchair developers complain, I hope they don't touch it. Their vision, their game.... either buy it or don't

I find it hard to believe that it is only an insignificant portion of battlefield community that have a problem with the announcer.

This forum is a miniscule percentage of the community. This thread is only has a miniscule percentage of users conpared to the forum. The math is easy in my eyes

THANK YOU.

Man, I can't believe how hard it is to get things through to people that 5 guys agreeing with each other in a thread does not count as a significant chunk of the community. I mean, there're way more people in this case agreeing with each other, but it's ridiculous how many threads there are where 4-5 dudes agree with each other and proclaim the change is wanted by nearly everyone.
  • pss4dm
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    pss4dm wrote: »

They aren't changing it

This whole thing is akin to someone who is not a painter walking into an art gallery criticizing a piece for not being what they want. Same thing, this is a piece of art fron DICE, and no matter how much you armchair developers complain, I hope they don't touch it. Their vision, their game.... either buy it or don't

I find it hard to believe that it is only an insignificant portion of battlefield community that have a problem with the announcer.

This forum is a miniscule percentage of the community. This thread is only has a miniscule percentage of users conpared to the forum. The math is easy in my eyes

I understand that and I am not basing my judgement on that. I just think a lot of people play battlefield for the same reasons I do and have a feeling that a lot of people will similarly be irritated by it. I might be wrong its just conjecture on my part. But unless you have done some kind of market survey of battlefield players I don't know how you can offer anything different.
  • A_Cool_Gorilla
    1374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

They aren't changing it

If it actually annoys the player enough that they want to disable it, then it's their choice. If I want to disable the HUD and have an inherit disadvantage, the game allows me to.

Allowing for this to be turned off in the settings would be the easiest compromise to make, and it wouldn't affect Dice's vision of the game. The game is as they want it, but players have the option to alter the experience to their liking.

There's no way I can agree with that. Every developer has a vision of what they want the game to be, but they still have to consider the interests of the player. It's a product, after all. This only becomes a problem if the interests of the player conflict with the developers vision to a considerable degree (eg. removing it entirely as opposed to having an option to disable it).

Is disabling the HUD a part of their vision? If these options are a part of their vision, then why isn't the ability to disable the voice a part of it as well? This is why I don't even see settings as being within this scope. It's a slippery slope when player preferences are argued to be within their vision.
  • ChivasUK
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I like it, women had a significant role in WW1, not only as nurses.
  • ThePoolshark
    2502 postsMember, Game Changer, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Game Changer

They aren't changing it

There's no way I can agree with that. Every developer has a vision of what they want the game to be, but they still have to consider the interests of the player. It's a product, after all. This only becomes a problem if the interests of the player conflict with the developers vision to a considerable degree (eg. removing it entirely as opposed to having an option to disable it).

Is disabling the HUD a part of their vision? If these options are a part of their vision, then why isn't the ability to disable the voice a part of it as well? This is why I don't even see settings as being within this scope. It's a slippery slope when player preferences are argued to be within their vision.

HUD is not even close to the same thing. They love cinematics, so it only makes sense for them to allow removal of the HUD
  • A_Cool_Gorilla
    1374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2016

They aren't changing it

HUD is not even close to the same thing. They love cinematics, so it only makes sense for them to allow removal of the HUD

That's true, the HUD example wasn't good. Ultimately, my argument is: if player preferences are a part of their vision, then where's the line drawn?

Why shouldn't an optional feature be added in if it pleases a minority of players? If even 1% of players use it, then that's still a big number considering how many players actually play the series.

The only argument I've heard for its benefit is that it provides useful information through audio to the player. Does this actually outweigh the cons? Admittedly, the cons aren't large... but neither are the pros. Sound doesn't really impact my performance by a considerable degree. The visual queues alone are enough to let me play effectively, and so additional audio queues don't have a large impact on my experience.

I'm sure Dice has discussed this in length, but I just can't wrap my head around it. Why wouldn't an optional feature be a good thing?
  • Congaz
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

This forum is a miniscule percentage of the community. This thread is only has a miniscule percentage of users conpared to the forum. The math is easy in my eyes[/quote]

Pool, this is not the only thread on the forums about this. This is not the only forum that involve threads about this.

Just Go to youtube, reddit, Facebook or any Other social places and you Will see people who are not Happy about this.

Everyone i know who is super hyped for the game have one thing in common, they all dislike this woman voice, not only just My near friends but 99% of all i heard talked about the game actually finds the announcer annoying.

Even My girlfriend thout it sounded wrong when i asked her about the gameplay, and She is no gamer.

I Can do good without someone telling me what base we are loosing, i actually see it with My own eye's. Would not be hard to make an option to turn it off for all the players who do not simply like it. Should not be such a big deal, right?

You cant say its just a tiny tiny part of the community who Does not want it, of all My friends and cousin who do not like it, Only me is on the forums. and im dmn sure its more than My friends who dislike it but just dont hang on the forums.
  • ReaperAdams
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    I want Preston Garvey from FO4. "Soldier, I got word of another objective that needs our help."
  • m1k3ol
    834 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited June 2016
    Forums are usually only 2% of the player base...

Sure, stuff sounds louder on an echo room...

You know what other thing got asked more than this voice?, helis...
  • Cujucuyo
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2016
    This is what we need to replace that crappy voice they currently have, a sassy British Sargent:

The current voice reminds me of the horrible "where did you learn to fly?" voice from Cybermorph:

• amrbido_9
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yea they need to change it asap
  • Loqtrall
    12177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Even if isn't changed or removed by launch, I wouldn't really mind that much. It's honestly not that bad. But, I don't think there are too many people who opposed to changing it. Won't effect gameplay either way, and that's all I'm worried about.
  • Congaz
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    m1k3ol wrote: »
    Forums are usually only 2% of the player base...

Sure, stuff sounds louder on an echo room...

You know what other thing got asked more than this voice?, helis...

Yes indeed it might be 2%, but Does not that show how big the group of people who want a change might be? If a large part of the 98% Also thinks like that but just dont come here?
  • Toxic_CA
    928 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Theres nothing wrong with having a female VO. The only thing she needs is more life in her voice. She sounds too much like a robot from the future and it breaks immersion.
  • ForThemLulz
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    edited June 2016
    it sounds futuristic, something that would make more sense in like a 2143 or something like that. i need some old time WWI dude yelling at me for BF1. then again, it's just the alpha. i'm pretty damn sure they're going to change it.
  • SecondAmendmnt
    318 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Please change it to Snoop Dogg. "YOU HAVE LOST OBJECTIVE BIZZLE!"
  • Toxic_CA
    928 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Please change it to Snoop Dogg. "YOU HAVE LOST OBJECTIVE BIZZLE!"

Oh

My

God

Yes
  • meowpewpewmeow
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    would like if they make some voices to choose from. so those woman-phobic freaks was shutup.
  • BirdyBallzzzz
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2016

Best way to explain it. People need to realize this.
This discussion has been closed.