Woman voice: "you lost object A"

Comments

• decimation420x
    392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited July 2016
    I actually like the female voice a lot, I hope they don't change it. I really don't even see what the problem is, & I only heard the voice for the 1st time last night. Due to this thread I actually thought I wouldn't be crazy about it either....But it's totally fine
  • A_Cool_Gorilla
    1374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Congaz wrote: »
    ^ been Playing their games since bf1942 and wont stop now, but that might make me get Tired of playing the game. A simple on/off for it Would not hurt to much, would it?

It wouldn't, and it would benefit the game. Outside of the players that dislike the voice, there are also players that enjoy to disable audio such as character chatter and music to emphasize the gunfire and explosions.
  • jastonas
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I love how the moderator who is just stating his opinion, says that a forum is a minimuscle...

Yet, isn't a forum and it's active members supposed to be representative of what the majority actually wants.

If in this thread, 90 people vote for changing the voice and 10 vote against, I'm sure this shows something. Not the actual percentage of for/against vote would be 90/10% exactly, but that number would be close.

Are the people who like the voice banned from this forum or something? Why isn't anyone praising it? I've seen multiple threads of people complaining about it, here and in other places as well. Reddit, local forums and bf communities, game fans i've talked to, etc.

Maybe DICE has an explanation, still, that doesn't mean we will like it.
    Stil3r wrote: »
    I think the issue with it is that it's how calm she is and what she says. It gives the impression that you are playing a modern/futurstic game where they always have helmets or earpieces to hear someone talking to them.

Instead they should make it where you hear this come from a random nearby soldier near you, just whenever the event happens have the sound voice play from a nearby soldier so it's more fitting and doesn't seem out of place.

They didn't have easily portable radios in WW1, most radios were stationary or mounted onto beasts of burden because they were quite big/heavy. Instead the front-lines relied on messengers, rather this be a soldier who was tasked to run and rely information to using things like birds or dogs or such to carry a letter.

Great idea.
    kimovsky wrote: »
    its just strong, independent - probably black - brave woman in hard times of WW1, you should be proud of her.

And probably genderfluid.
  • KDNS
    450 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    jastonas wrote: »
    Yet, isn't a forum and it's active members supposed to be representative of what the majority actually wants.

Not really. It's only a representation of the opinions of the people who hang out on the forums. Most players don't do that.

• Congaz
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited July 2016
    KDNS wrote: »

Not really. It's only a representation of the opinions of the people who hang out on the forums. Most players don't do that.

What says the Other % that do not hang on the forums dont feels the same? It clearly shows that more people want a change than to keep it, not just on this forum but on pretty much every. Its just like jastonas Said, great answer.

Of the people ive talked about bf1 with, everyone Would rather see a change than keeping the voice that we have now, and no its not becouse its a woman.

Saying forums only shows what 1% of the community wants is so wrong. out of all i know who is Playing battlefield only i keep going to the forums Making My voice heard, yet they all feel like i do.

I think if every bf player would be asked it Would be around 70% on the change side and 30% on keep or dont care side. Here on the forums ive seen about 85-90% for a change.

Edit: Sorry My English is not the best, but hope you guys understand what i try to say.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2016

Saying forums only shows what 1% of the community wants is so wrong..

It is absolutely not wrong.
    -
    Have you taken a look at how many people access this forum currently per day? There's 60 online right now. Yesterday the max peak was around 130.
    -
    There are going to be MILLIONS of people playing this game, and there are currently millions talking about. There could be DOUBLE the number of current daily forum members here discussing things, and it will still be less than 1% of the overall playerbase.
    -
    There are still 100,000+ daily BF4 players, the 130 average peak users per day on this forum is 0.13% of just the daily players of BF4, let alone everyone that's going to be playing BF1 at launch.
    -
    So saying that this forum represents less than 1% of the overall BF playerbase is absolutely true. Hell, we don't even represent 1% of the BF4 playerbase.
  • KDNS

What says the Other % that do not hang on the forums dont feels the same?

Well, we don't know what they think because they aren't here to tell us ;) We just don't know....

Of the people ive talked about bf1 with, everyone Would rather see a change than keeping the voice that we have now, and no its not becouse its a woman.

Yeh, I called for radio crackle over the voice, as soon as I heard it.
    Edit: Sorry My English is not the best, but hope you guys understand what i try to say.

I think your English is excellent! If you hadn't said anything about it, I would have assumed it was your first language. GG.

• Congaz
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »

-
    Have you taken a look at how many people access this forum currently per day? There's 60 online right now. Yesterday the max peak was around 130.
    -
    There are going to be MILLIONS of people playing this game, and there are currently millions talking about. There could be DOUBLE the number of current daily forum members here discussing things, and it will still be less than 1% of the overall playerbase.
    -
    There are still 100,000+ daily BF4 players, the 130 average peak users per day on this forum is 0.13% of just the daily players of BF4, let alone everyone that's going to be playing BF1 at launch.
    -
    So saying that this forum represents less than 1% of the overall BF playerbase is absolutely true. Hell, we don't even represent 1% of the BF4 playerbase.

This does still not change the fact that most people of this forum, other forums and other social places just dont like it. thats how readings is done all over the world, you ask a couple of people, and look at the results of what they want.

i dont know, there are maybe 5 in this thread? that likes the voice and how many does not like it? look at youtube, twitch stream chat, facebook, reddit, friends(if you have some that play) i bet there is more who does not like it than people who likes it. i would sum it up to around 90% of what i have seen that wants a change, but as i said i think its more like 70% because alot of people just dont care, but why ignore us who actualy do care?
  • Congaz
    edited July 2016
    KDNS:

yeah i liked this idea, but it would still be strange since there was not any portable radios during ww1:/ just stationary. it would make sense to hear it from a nearby soldier or something.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »

-
    -
    -
    -

This does still not change the fact that most people of this forum, other forums and other social places just dont like it. thats how readings is done all over the world, you ask a couple of people, and look at the results of what they want.

i dont know, there are maybe 5 in this thread? that likes the voice and how many does not like it? look at youtube, twitch stream chat, facebook, reddit, friends(if you have some that play) i bet there is more who does not like it than people who likes it. i would sum it up to around 90% of what i have seen that wants a change, but as i said i think its more like 70% because alot of people just dont care, but why ignore us who actualy do care?

I wasn't addressing whether or not people like the announcer's voice - I was addressing you saying that Poolshark saying this forum represents only less than 1% of the forum is "so wrong" - because what he said is absolutely true. The members on this forum represent less than 0.10% of the overall Battlefield playerbase, that's a statistical fact.
  • KDNS
    KDNS wrote:

yeah i liked this idea, but it would still be strange since there was not any portable radios during ww1:/ just stationary. it would make sense to hear it from a nearby soldier or something.

Yeh totally that would be awesome. I was just trying to think of a simple improvement. If they went as far as your suggestion, well, GG.

As for the 1% thing.... I never said that. I have no idea what the number is. But I can certainly tell you, whether it's 1% or 50%, that it does not represent the entire spectrum of opinions which are present in the 'other %'.
  • En1gmuh
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just give us the option to disable it please. I did find it annoying.
  • MrTekku
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'd like to think of the voice as an angel on my shoulder. "It's going to be ok! Capture objective B; you can do it!"
  • GraveyardPolka
    100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    MrTekku wrote: »
    I'd like to think of the voice as an angel on my shoulder. "It's going to be ok! Capture objective B; you can do it!"

That's brilliant. You get her when you equip "Pocket Bible." Other religions get other voices. And non-religious get the screaming officer on the field.
  • Congaz
    ^I would like a screaming officer over some imaginary voice than
  • llGhostGamingll
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Kind of agree here, not because she's a woman or because she's English. More so just because she sounds like an emotionless robot, she doesn't exactly instil you with the will to fight a war on a Battlefield.
  • GalaxyMix
    336 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    who does not like a soothing woman voice?

game or no game....
  • V2Face
    2688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A lot of the woman voice "doesn't suit the battlefield experience" talk its thinly veiled sexism in my opinion. It does not bother me or make me not want to buy the game. I hope they keep the voice and stop appealing to misogynistic fanboys and children.
  • jastonas
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

You guys don't get it. That's how samples and statistics work.

You might have 1.000.000 players, and 100 forum members. 100, is a sample that more or less, will represent the will of the majority.

Have you ever seen any polls? They take samples of 1% and less, and yet, most times they seem to be accurate.

This forum, is a microcosm of the Battlefield community.

Our stat readings would be wrong on the concerned issue, if this was some really special place where there was a really strange demographic of people. Yet, it's... battlefield.com. I mean... come on!!

And the stat readings come from all over the place, as it has been stated over and over again.

YouTube, Reddit, Articles and comments, etc etc. People seem to dislike it. A lot of them.

• IIGrimoII
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    +1 for a man voice.
This discussion has been closed.