Woman voice: "you lost object A"

Comments

• Congaz
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    jastonas wrote: »
    KDNS wrote: »
    Yet, isn't a forum and it's active members supposed to be representative of what the majority actually wants.

Not really. It's only a representation of the opinions of the people who hang out on the forums. Most players don't do that.

You guys don't get it. That's how samples and statistics work.

You might have 1.000.000 players, and 100 forum members. 100, is a sample that more or less, will represent the will of the majority.

Have you ever seen any polls? They take samples of 1% and less, and yet, most times they seem to be accurate.

This forum, is a microcosm of the Battlefield community.

Our stat readings would be wrong on the concerned issue, if this was some really special place where there was a really strange demographic of people. Yet, it's... battlefield.com. I mean... come on!!

And the stat readings come from all over the place, as it has been stated over and over again.

YouTube, Reddit, Articles and comments, etc etc. People seem to dislike it. A lot of them.

thank you! this is exactly what ive been trying to say, only you did it 10x better :)

And to the guy who said its sexism? lol. and children? when is someone a child for you? im 22 and my friends are from 20-32 thay yet still thinks the same, and no, we have NOTHING against that its a woman voice. its the way of the voice, but i would still prefer a man and that is no sexism.
  • Loqtrall
    12177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    V2Face wrote: »
    A lot of the woman voice "doesn't suit the battlefield experience" talk its thinly veiled sexism in my opinion.

lmao, are you *** serious?
  • kesolb
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I hope we get a separate volume slider to adjust or turn off the voice over. I prefer looking at the flag status too see what flags we are losing/have lost, and that squad orders will be marked visually. No matter how this voice ends up i know i will get quite tired of it fast.

There is a lot of amazing audio in BF, and i do not need or want a voice telling me something i can easily see visually, and in the process drown out more important and amazing sounds.

As long as i can disable it, it no matter to me:)
  • cnedden
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yet, isn't a forum and it's active members supposed to be representative of what the majority actually wants.

Not really. It's only a representation of the opinions of the people who hang out on the forums. Most players don't do that.

You might have 1.000.000 players, and 100 forum members. 100, is a sample that more or less, will represent the will of the majority.

Have you ever seen any polls? They take samples of 1% and less, and yet, most times they seem to be accurate.

Our stat readings would be wrong on the concerned issue, if this was some really special place where there was a really strange demographic of people. Yet, it's... battlefield.com. I mean... come on!!

And the stat readings come from all over the place, as it has been stated over and over again.

YouTube, Reddit, Articles and comments, etc etc. People seem to dislike it. A lot of them.

Yea this is all true. The only people that will argue against this are the ones that didn't pass math in high school
  • Trokey66
    8740 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    cnedden wrote: »

Yea this is all true. The only people that will argue against this are the ones that didn't pass math in high school

The smaller the sample, the less reliable the assumption.

I would suggest that a sample of less than 1% is pretty unreliable.
  • Lepr0n
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    I don't mind. Could we have her sound like Edith Cavell , that would be great!
  • Lepr0n

Tell that to the UK.
  • Lepr0n
    "You might have 1.000.000 players, and 100 forum members. 100, is a sample that more or less, will represent the will of the majority."

Tell that to the UK. Cheapshot, But no. Polls have been off by miles many many times. But the loud voice of the few that work the forum, can at times, give an impression there is a revolution going on.

• Congaz
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Lepr0n wrote: »
    "You might have 1.000.000 players, and 100 forum members. 100, is a sample that more or less, will represent the will of the majority."

Tell that to the UK. Cheapshot, But no. Polls have been off by miles many many times. But the loud voice of the few that work the forum, can at times, give an impression there is a revolution going on.

ofcourse the polls cant be 100% right, but for the UK on brexit, the ones i saw was pretty damn close. same here in sweden, they are not to far off. yes they does show wrong but not with that big %. id say here on forums 90% dislike how the announcer is right now.
  • chechak
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I agree. Get rid of it or change it to ww1 general yalling and shouting
  • jastonas
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited July 2016

As you can see from the following comments, unfortunately it's not about math, but about the regressive thinking of our days. "Muh feelings" matter more than reality.

To you guys who so arrogantly said those "brexit arguments"... Why do I have to explain this again? Polls are not 100%, but have a small disparity. No one said that the percentage of voices heard here, and similar threads and social media, would be the exact percentage, but it would be very very close to what represents the whole battlefield community. Like it did with Brexit (where political bias and propaganda played a big role at not predicting the exact result) in the final result, with a +/- 5% depending on the poll.

And as always, the minority, those that like the robotic female voice, start using "muh feelings" arguments and insults, when we are just talking facts.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4707 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    GalaxyMix wrote: »
    who does not like a soothing woman voice?

game or no game....

Try playing the objective next time your mrs gets fruity. It aint happening.
  • cnedden
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »

Percentage doesn't matter, it's all about sample size. Based on the replies and views of this tread alone it is big enough
  • digitLlX
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    +1 Agreed.
  • Trokey66
    8740 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Percentage doesn't matter, it's all about sample size. Based on the replies and views of this tread alone it is big enough

If 3 people discussed this and 2 were against, would that drill be a reliable sample?

As stated above, peak forum usage is 130 and 130 people have NOT expressed a view. This sample is simply not large enough to say with any degree of certainty what the community as a whole thinks. It might give a broad indication but nothing DICE could hang their hat on.
  • atticusmars
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I actually like the female voice a lot, I hope they don't change it. I really don't even see what the problem is, & I only heard the voice for the 1st time last night. Due to this thread I actually thought I wouldn't be crazy about it either....But it's totally fine

The problem is I'm playing a gritty war game and I heard someone that just woke up for their morning cup of tea tell me I'm losing, instead of my fellow soldier shouting at me that we need to get back into the game. It's completely immersion breaking.
    GalaxyMix wrote: »
    who does not like a soothing woman voice?

game or no game....

I'm not playing for the woman's voice, I'm playing for DICE's WW1 experience, and this voice over is completely out of place.
    V2Face wrote: »
    A lot of the woman voice "doesn't suit the battlefield experience" talk its thinly veiled sexism in my opinion. It does not bother me or make me not want to buy the game. I hope they keep the voice and stop appealing to misogynistic fanboys and children.

To hide from criticism behind accusations of sexism is appalling.
  • atticusmars

If 3 people discussed this and 2 were against, would that drill be a reliable sample?

As stated above, peak forum usage is 130 and 130 people have NOT expressed a view. This sample is simply not large enough to say with any degree of certainty what the community as a whole thinks. It might give a broad indication but nothing DICE could hang their hat on.

Go to any other social media site and ask about the commentator. Do it.
  • Trokey66

Do it?

Who the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ do you think you are?
  • jastonas
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    True. Do it.
  • atticusmars
    edited July 2016

Do it?

Who the **** do you think you are?

I'm somebody that actually knows the majority vote.
This discussion has been closed.