Woman voice: "you lost object A"

Comments

• Weas1974
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Please loose the lady!
  • cnedden
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    cnedden wrote: »
    jastonas wrote: »
    KDNS wrote: »
    Yet, isn't a forum and it's active members supposed to be representative of what the majority actually wants.

Not really. It's only a representation of the opinions of the people who hang out on the forums. Most players don't do that.

You guys don't get it. That's how samples and statistics work.

You might have 1.000.000 players, and 100 forum members. 100, is a sample that more or less, will represent the will of the majority.

Have you ever seen any polls? They take samples of 1% and less, and yet, most times they seem to be accurate.

This forum, is a microcosm of the Battlefield community.

Our stat readings would be wrong on the concerned issue, if this was some really special place where there was a really strange demographic of people. Yet, it's... battlefield.com. I mean... come on!!

And the stat readings come from all over the place, as it has been stated over and over again.

YouTube, Reddit, Articles and comments, etc etc. People seem to dislike it. A lot of them.

Yea this is all true. The only people that will argue against this are the ones that didn't pass math in high school

The smaller the sample, the less reliable the assumption.

I would suggest that a sample of less than 1% is pretty unreliable.

Percentage doesn't matter, it's all about sample size. Based on the replies and views of this tread alone it is big enough

If 3 people discussed this and 2 were against, would that drill be a reliable sample?

As stated above, peak forum usage is 130 and 130 people have NOT expressed a view. This sample is simply not large enough to say with any degree of certainty what the community as a whole thinks. It might give a broad indication but nothing DICE could hang their hat on.

This Thread has close to 300 post I'm assuming around 200 different people post on here. to me 200 is a big enough sample. I don't care if it's only .000001% 200 is big enough. Don't forget about all of the other threads on other sites like reddit that hate the voice.
  • killsh0t3
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    The voice definitely doesn't match the gameplay. Makes it sound like a COD game, which really sucks.
  • Congaz
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    KDNS wrote: »
    Yet, isn't a forum and it's active members supposed to be representative of what the majority actually wants.

Not really. It's only a representation of the opinions of the people who hang out on the forums. Most players don't do that.

You guys don't get it. That's how samples and statistics work.

You might have 1.000.000 players, and 100 forum members. 100, is a sample that more or less, will represent the will of the majority.

Have you ever seen any polls? They take samples of 1% and less, and yet, most times they seem to be accurate.

This forum, is a microcosm of the Battlefield community.

Our stat readings would be wrong on the concerned issue, if this was some really special place where there was a really strange demographic of people. Yet, it's... battlefield.com. I mean... come on!!

And the stat readings come from all over the place, as it has been stated over and over again.

YouTube, Reddit, Articles and comments, etc etc. People seem to dislike it. A lot of them.

Yea this is all true. The only people that will argue against this are the ones that didn't pass math in high school

The smaller the sample, the less reliable the assumption.

I would suggest that a sample of less than 1% is pretty unreliable.

Percentage doesn't matter, it's all about sample size. Based on the replies and views of this tread alone it is big enough

If 3 people discussed this and 2 were against, would that drill be a reliable sample?

As stated above, peak forum usage is 130 and 130 people have NOT expressed a view. This sample is simply not large enough to say with any degree of certainty what the community as a whole thinks. It might give a broad indication but nothing DICE could hang their hat on.

This Thread has close to 300 post I'm assuming around 200 different people post on here. to me 200 is a big enough sample. I don't care if it's only .000001% 200 is big enough. Don't forget about all of the other threads on other sites like reddit that hate the voice.

And i know there is more than just this thread about it on just this forum that have a couple of pages, this is all over their facebook, youtube, twitch and reddit etc as well. its not a minority that wants a change to it for sure.
  • ZeroHour0
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The female announcer's voice does detract from the gameplay. Maybe the squad leader voice could say we lost/captured objectives.
  • shermansghost
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wouldn't worry about her voice. That's all I'm gonna say.
  • Tjtiger2
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    GalaxyMix wrote: »
    I liked it. They can give an option to turn it off for those who dont like it

+1
  • Metallicat95
    218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Tjtiger2 wrote: »
    GalaxyMix wrote: »
    I liked it. They can give an option to turn it off for those who dont like it

+1

+2. And I'm sure they'll do that, a menu option to turn off a feature is easy.

I don't mind the voice. I do want to hear something to let me know the state of objectives, and it has to be heard clearly over the other sounds in the game, not blend in.

It is purely game interface information, not ambient sound (no one actually on the map hears it).

Could there be multiple choices for the voice of the announcer? Perhaps, but remember that voices have to be localized in many languages.
  • Loqtrall
    12177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hope if they do end up keeping it the way it is - that they do include an option to disable it for people that dislike it.
    -
    I'm not against the voice or anything and probably won't mind it when I play the game (if it's still there at release), but I can definitely relate to how annoying things like that can be in a game when you don't like them.
    -
    To this day I still play Battlefield and WISH that DICE had included an option to disable the Commander radio chatter when he's spotting enemies - it gets spammed incessantly and repeatedly OVER AND OVER and it's blaring in my ear just as loud as the rest of my game volume is. So I see where people that really dislike the voice are coming from.
  • Shamroxx81
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ameeba37 wrote: »
    The current version just sounds like a robot AI out of a futuristic fps.

Agreed. It doesn't fit in at all with the theme that the game is based around. The call out names are cringeworthy too (apples, butter, etc). I'm not sure if there is a historical significance to those or not. If not, I hope they change it b4 release lol.
  • jastonas
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Shamroxx81 wrote: »
    Ameeba37 wrote: »
    The current version just sounds like a robot AI out of a futuristic fps.

Agreed. It doesn't fit in at all with the theme that the game is based around. The call out names are cringeworthy too (apples, butter, etc). I'm not sure if there is a historical significance to those or not. If not, I hope they change it b4 release lol.

There is. This is the phonetic alphabet they used at the time.
  • Sickpig007
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yes very annoying , takes away all immersion in my opinion... Wouldn't mind a woman voice at all! but this one looks so futuristic... Battlefield 1 looks so good, just the voice man... the voice..
  • BIG_SPANKY_619
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Doesn't bother me
  • CrazyHorseHaka
    365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I would rather hear a Squad leader mark flag point yelling defend this point or attack this flag point. Like the mail call guy's voice.
  • ThePoolshark
    2502 postsMember, Game Changer, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Game Changer
    There already are options to turn it off. I highly doubt they are changing the voice, especially this close to launch.
  • A_Cool_Gorilla
    1374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2016
    There already are options to turn it off. I highly doubt they are changing the voice, especially this close to launch.

An option to turn it off is enough for me. That option is all I need if I want to talk to myself in an Arnold accent.
    -
    "OH NO, GET TO OBJECTIVE B, AUGHHL"
    "I NEED APPLES, GET ETT."
    "I'M ARNOLD, YEAHGHLLL. EDWARD"
    Post edited by A_Cool_Gorilla on
  • pss4dm
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

If this is true then I am happy with that. All I can complain about now is the new 3D spotting icons and the battlefront hud.
  • Dustjack
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Really, there should be a german screaming schnell schnell geht zu die objekten! or a britt, tally ho good chap i think we are losing the objektive...
  • Congaz
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Is this just for the announcer voice? in that case its awesome:)
  • shermansghost
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Congaz wrote: »

Is this just for the announcer voice? in that case its awesome:)
    Yes, you can toggle her voice off.
This discussion has been closed.