Woman voice: "you lost object A"

Comments

• olideca
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF One is not WW1, it's based on WW1 technology with a twist.
    loool

• mpls_big_daddy
    434 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
  • Mr7Beans
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    They're probably going to change it.
    however i hope they don't change the objective names (Apples, Butter, Charlie, Duff etc..)
    it suits the game way more than the modern ones.
  • ThePoolshark
    2502 postsMember, Game Changer, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Game Changer
    edited June 2016
    Mr7Beans wrote: »
    however i hope they don't change the objective names (Apples, Butter, Charlie, Duff etc..)

They aren't changing it

It has been in for at least 6 months, if it was a place holder, it would have been changed for the alpha
  • HomicideJack
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

They aren't changing it

It has been in for at least 6 months, if it was a place holder, it would have been changed for the alpha

You can't know that. A lot of people are voicing their dislike of the announcer for the first time, since this has been the first we've seen of the gameplay. There's always a chance that it could be decided at a later date that a more fitting announcer will be added.
  • ThePoolshark
    2502 postsMember, Game Changer, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Game Changer

They aren't changing it

You can't know that. A lot of people are voicing their dislike of the announcer for the first time, since this has been the first we've seen of the gameplay. There's always a chance that it could be decided at a later date that a more fitting announcer will be added.

Feature lock comes early.... polishing and bug fixing is most likely all that is happening right now
  • HomicideJack
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, but they change things all the time upon consumer feedback. Look at Destiny, for instance - they eventually replaced Peter Dinklage's voice.
  • Matty101yttam
    1332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It'd be fairly easy to change i think, they are probably still getting singleplayer voice overs done so it would be easy to swap in another voice.

Not that it matters to me, i don't mind the female voice, just don't like the crisp nature of it.
    Making it a crackly english radio voice would be fine for me.
  • DoYuEvenShootBro
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    At least let me disable it.I would rather have no voice than have this woman
  • eztarget77
    225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Why not the voice of your commander coming through the radio with all noise and static "Objective A taken!" "Objective Delta Lost".
  • AdamChattaway
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yea Dice clearly don't have any interest in their game world or this would never have made it into E3 gameplay...
  • xX-ALeIaQ-Xx
    377 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not a long time ago someone wrote:

Female/Male/Off Voice.

I think that this is the best solution for the community rumours about the Voice so futuristic heard in the Alpha. Waiting for the Dice solution or direction in this point.

As poolshark told , me also hope that they keep the names heard in the Alpha for the Objectives.
    So Apple, Banana ... ehm Butter and so on
    ^.^ can be fun.
  • HomicideJack
    eztarget77 wrote: »
    Why not the voice of your commander coming through the radio with all noise and static "Objective A taken!" "Objective Delta Lost".

Because the NATO phonetics code as we know it wasn't created until 1956. Back in the First World War things like 'Apple' and 'Edward' were the phonetics alphabet they used.
  • olideca
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i think we will get a setting-choice: "Objective voice on / off". The best solution.
  • Oroku_Miwa
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    olideca wrote: »
    i think we will get a setting-choice: "Objective voice on / off". The best solution.
    More adjustable setups are always welcome, user friendly solution.
  • Congaz
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

They aren't changing it

As mentioned, Dice has heard nothing about this before the live stream vent live. Alot of people have spoken out about it now. im willing to say its the discussion with most threads over the forums, not just this one.

Yet again, time will tell. If it get changed, kept or an On/Off switch for it is something we will discover on the launch or later dlc/patches.
  • ThePoolshark
    edited June 2016
    Congaz wrote: »

They aren't changing it

As mentioned, Dice has heard nothing about this before the live stream vent live. Alot of people have spoken out about it now. im willing to say its the discussion with most threads over the forums, not just this one.

Yet again, time will tell. If it get changed, kept or an On/Off switch for it is something we will discover on the launch or later dlc/patches.

Turning it off would go against its purpose. It serves as an aid for oblivious people.

They have heard discussions. The live stream is not the first tine people have seen this game. There have been numerous playtest/feedback session, multiple game changer settings, etc. The voice was brought up, and the choice was explained, but I can't discuss it as I am under NDA. If they feel the need to justify the artistic direction of THEIR game, they can.

In the end, this is their vision, and having something that irritates a small number of players that has no bearing on gameplay, is probably not a huge priority to them.

This whole thing is akin to someone who is not a painter walking into an art gallery criticizing a piece for not being what they want. Same thing, this is a piece of art fron DICE, and no matter how much you armchair developers complain, I hope they don't touch it. Their vision, their game.... either buy it or don't
  • pss4dm
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

They aren't changing it

Turning it off would go against its purpose. It serves as an aid for oblivious people.

They have heard discussions. The live stream is not the first tine people have seen this game. There have been numerous playtest/feedback session, multiple game changer settings, etc. The voice was brought up, and the choice was explained, but I can't discuss it as I am under NDA. If they feel the need to justify the artistic direction of THEIR game, they can.

In the end, this is their vision, and having something that irritates a small number of players that has no bearing on gameplay, is probably not a huge priority to them.

This whole thing is akin to someone who is not a painter walking into an art gallery criticizing a piece for not being what they want. Same thing, this is a piece of art fron DICE, and no matter how much you armchair developers complain, I hope they don't touch it. Their vision, their game.... either buy it or don't

I find it hard to believe that it is only an insignificant portion of battlefield community that have a problem with the announcer.
  • ThePoolshark
    pss4dm wrote: »

They aren't changing it

I find it hard to believe that it is only an insignificant portion of battlefield community that have a problem with the announcer.

This forum is a miniscule percentage of the community. This thread is only has a miniscule percentage of users conpared to the forum. The math is easy in my eyes
  • A_Cool_Gorilla
    1374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

They aren't changing it

If it actually annoys the player enough that they want to disable it, then it's their choice. If I want to disable the HUD and have an inherit disadvantage, the game allows me to.

Allowing for this to be turned off in the settings would be the easiest compromise to make, and it wouldn't affect Dice's vision of the game. The game is as they want it, but players have the option to alter the experience to their liking.
This discussion has been closed.