com rose?

full951
2468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
how do you use this thing?

how exactly is it to be used? I can't get the sqaud leader reqs to trigger with any consistency. the regular wheel isn't much better.

Comments

  • Hiplip1
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    To place an order on an objective when squad leader (look at flag press and hold RB). I'm 100% with you with the squad leader not being able to call in requisitions or half the time having to risk death when setting objectives manually. By that I mean the response time for the control to set from letting go of RB does not work when doing it quickly.
  • diagoro
    1591 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's buggy, and the last update removed the comments from the screen. No idea if a fix is in the new patch.

    No idea why they made such a drastic change from the BF1 version. Seems players automatically show a ammo/bandage popup when low. There are few reasons to communicate, and the good ones, like "need help" were removed.
  • full951
    2468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm good on making orders, how do you get it to send in req

    I hold rb] [lb

    right stick the thing I want...

    then what? cuz from here it seems random AF
  • RAIDERMP
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    full951 wrote: »
    I'm good on making orders, how do you get it to send in req

    I hold rb] [lb

    right stick the thing I want...

    then what? cuz from here it seems random AF

    You have to let off the RB/LB while holding the stick in that position. If calling in a vehicle, you have to respawn to be able to select it in the spawn point. The supply drop can drop anywhere and U2 wherever you can spot with the binos.

    ***I say this as someone who has been trying like hell to get the U2 even 1. single. time. I need to party up with some people who will help get us to the 41k mark I guess.
  • full951
    2468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    OK. that is what I'm doing but I have to do it what seems like 20 some of times before I can get binoculars to come out.

    didn't know about the vehicles and having to respawn. that makes sence. I just never tried to call a vehicle req
  • diagoro
    1591 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    RAIDERMP wrote: »
    full951 wrote: »
    I'm good on making orders, how do you get it to send in req

    I hold rb] [lb

    right stick the thing I want...

    then what? cuz from here it seems random AF

    You have to let off the RB/LB while holding the stick in that position. If calling in a vehicle, you have to respawn to be able to select it in the spawn point. The supply drop can drop anywhere and U2 wherever you can spot with the binos.

    ***I say this as someone who has been trying like hell to get the U2 even 1. single. time. I need to party up with some people who will help get us to the 41k mark I guess.

    Much of the time do the 'let off the stick' process, only to either give the wrong response, or none at all. Seems I sctually have to hit RB to get it to work.

    Buggy as hell, and we may never see it improved.
  • Indigology
    392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A few of my buddies have had this problem but i haven't. I thought they were messing with me. I wonder if its more along the lines of a controller error? I honestly dont know but so far i have not experienced the req system as buggy.
  • Raspu71nG
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    can you call a v1 rocket if you are a pilot?
    it never works for me.
  • full951
    2468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    diagoro wrote: »
    RAIDERMP wrote: »
    full951 wrote: »
    I'm good on making orders, how do you get it to send in req

    I hold rb] [lb

    right stick the thing I want...

    then what? cuz from here it seems random AF

    You have to let off the RB/LB while holding the stick in that position. If calling in a vehicle, you have to respawn to be able to select it in the spawn point. The supply drop can drop anywhere and U2 wherever you can spot with the binos.

    ***I say this as someone who has been trying like hell to get the U2 even 1. single. time. I need to party up with some people who will help get us to the 41k mark I guess.

    Much of the time do the 'let off the stick' process, only to either give the wrong response, or none at all. Seems I sctually have to hit RB to get it to work.

    Buggy as hell, and we may never see it improved.

    the tip to hit the rb button to get it to work has been suggested to me befor. and it sounds and feels weird AF to do. I'm already holding that button down. why the hell would I need to let go, which makes the com rose dissappear and press it really fast to make it work? sure enough I tried it, and it worked the first time but. after that it just as random at working as the other method of just letting go.
    Raspu71nG wrote: »
    can you call a v1 rocket if you are a pilot?
    it never works for me.

    good question, almost as if dice didn't ask themselves. as a pilot, you really shouldn't be the sqaud leader with as poor as a com rose we have. you can't call in the reqs. maybe if you were pilot as sqaud leader they gave you a unique req to call in. like a high altitude carpet bomb or bot plains to follow you in formation for a bombing run
Sign In or Register to comment.