This Week in Battlefield V

Audio bug after dec 11th update.

madman001able
611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Has anybody else had the audio issue where the sound direction is reversed? Enemies yelling, footsteps, explosions, planes flying overhead, and gunfire sounds are generated from the opposite direction from where they really are. This is affecting both multi and single player sides of the game and is quite annoying lol.

Comments

• Zackeous79
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know how severe it is now, as I only played a little since the last patch, but even before I had plenty of times where this occurred. Sounds come from a direction, I turn, there's nothing there then get attacked from some other direction. Or i'd hear close sounds directly in front of me without anything being there. For what it's worth, it seemed to happen with BF1 as well. I use the 3D Headphones audio setting, btw.
  • Cryphisss
    3110 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V
    Are you able to grab a video showcasing the issue?

I'll pass the issue to the team and have it investigated.
  • madman001able
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Im using just my televison speakers and the wartapes setting.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes I've know noticed soldier voices have been funny like that.
  • madman001able
    Cryphisss wrote: »
    Are you able to grab a video showcasing the issue?

I'll pass the issue to the team and have it investigated.

Ill see what i can do. I will post it in this thread if it pops up again.
  • Cryphisss
    3110 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V
    Thanks! @madman001able
  • TOG_Whiskey
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    related: Sometimes sound effects do not trigger at all for me, total silence, this is noticeable when building supply stations - no hammer sounds and detonating dynamite, again, total silence.
  • LinearSky23
    18 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've noticed that when you ADS with a sniper (at least with 3x, haven't tried the 6x), the sound is kind of like when you're downed, or like out of focus... Not sure if it's intentional tough.
  • dinobass
    154 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've experienced no sound when building supply stations as well. Also, the main tank gun will be silent sometimes when I'm in the machine gunner spot.
  • Clarence_6000
    886 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Oh Dice..
    giphy.gif

• CSO7777
    1194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    dinobass wrote: »
    I've experienced no sound when building supply stations as well. Also, the main tank gun will be silent sometimes when I'm in the machine gunner spot.
    Explosions from dynamite or other gadgets sometimes doesn't say a thing, only the sound of a building being destroyed is heard, but not the explosion.

The sound in BFV has great audio-quality, but in general a lot of important sounds (for gameplay) is not heard very well or at not at all. I think there are fundamental issues with the sound in the game, or Dice has made bad decisions regarding "immersion" vs. gameplay.

Happened in BF1 as well.