Youtuber DOES NOT represent the majority players

5bulletsSLR
71 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
As the title said, lets talk about westie and jackfrags. If my memories serves me right then these two were all fanboy of the TTK 2.0 in BF1 (we all know the fact that the TTK 2.0 brought us OP smg08/RSC and many other hand designs).

So I just keep thinking what gun does these "pro/core community members" play, then I jumped into the tracker website and managed to did a quick search and you know what? Westie's profile shows he did not managed to get lvl 150, and the TOP 3 guns he was using are "1. Hellriegel 2. Automatico M1918 Trench!!!!! 3.BAR Storm"

For Jackfrags, hmmm, looks pretty much the same.... TOP 3 guns are "1.MP 18 Trench 2.Model 10-A Hunter 3.Automatico M1918 Trench" (Hellriegel the 4th...)

Lmao, so they were crying for TTK and gun balance and they play the most braindead automatico themselves? what a joke.

Now this time, they have claimed that the "majority of community", but what community? most of the community member DOES NOT living on making youtube videos and their voice were barely heard before.

To wrap this up, I think DICE should not strike the final decision simply based on a few youtubers' opinion (and they are not even close to good players tbh), in stead, using the data the collected from the game and maybe do something like in-game questionaire like other suggested is the right way to keep the game in the right direction.

Comments

• Jamesonoid
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Now this time, they have claimed that the "majority of community"

They claimed the majority of the community what?
  • 5bulletsSLR
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DaKuichi wrote: »
    As the title said, lets talk about westie and jackfrags. If my memories serves me right then these two were all fanboy of the TTK 2.0 in BF1 (we all know the fact that the TTK 2.0 brought us OP smg08/RSC and many other hand designs).

So I just keep thinking what gun does these "pro/core community members" play, then I jumped into the tracker website and managed to did a quick search and you know what? Westie's profile shows he did not managed to get lvl 150, and the TOP 3 guns he was using are "1. Hellriegel 2. Automatico M1918 Trench!!!!! 3.BAR Storm"

For Jackfrags, hmmm, looks pretty much the same.... TOP 3 guns are "1.MP 18 Trench 2.Model 10-A Hunter 3.Automatico M1918 Trench" (Hellriegel the 4th...)

Lmao, so they were crying for TTK and gun balance and they play the most braindead automatico themselves? what a joke.

Now this time, they have claimed that the "majority of community", but what community? most of the community member DOES NOT living on making youtube videos and their voice were barely heard before.

To wrap this up, I think DICE should not strike the final decision simply based on a few youtubers' opinion (and they are not even close to good players tbh), in stead, using the data the collected from the game and maybe do something like in-game questionaire like other suggested is the right way to keep the game in the right direction.
    they do just not minorities like you, lack of skill = like the new ttk

OK there we go, lack of skill? I don't think so, my top weapons in bf1 were general Liu/selb 1906 and MG14 and I have 214k+ kills as inf and 4 K/D overall (I don't play tank/aircraft). You can argue MG14 is relatively eaiser to play with, but selb 1906/Liu are the weapon I bet you never touched with. So that becomes a simple comparion, "selb 06/Liu/MG 14" vs "1. Hellriegel 2. Automatico M1918 Trench!!!!! 3.BAR Storm", which groups are the more skill based weapons?
  • 5bulletsSLR

Sry, was in a rush, should be "the majority of community does not like the new TTK"
  • Diabolus_Musica
    788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Dice is going to listen to the customers that COMMUNICATE, not the "majority" that has nothing to say. lol. Anyone that has an opinion and wants it heard should start communicating it, no? Dice doesn't have a crystal ball you know.
  • 5bulletsSLR
    Dice is going to listen to the customers that COMMUNICATE, not the "majority" that has nothing to say. lol. Anyone that has an opinion and wants it heard should start communicating it, no? Dice doesn't have a crystal ball you know.

a simple in-game survey could easily fix the issue of "nothing to say", and I bet the result would heavily favour the new TTK.
  • herodes87
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lets hang Noobtubers! Lol

Oh i mean YouTubers.
  • Jamesonoid
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think they should do an in-game survey to gather data from those who play.

Sry, was in a rush, should be "the majority of community does not like the new TTK"

I would say that the majority doesn't like the new TTK. Looking at the forum since it was even announced shows that everyone is upset.

• DRN_Lazuh
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I also agree with some sort of survey whether it be in-game or elsewhere. I myself am not a fan of the new TTK however I would begrudgingly live with it easier if the "Core" gameplay mode incorporated more than just Conquest. Then everyone could have their cake and eat it too.
  • nmccormick2017
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This doesn't address the fact that Dice rolled out these changes pretty poorly. They even voiced in their launch notes for the update that they understand a large portion of the community loves ttk 1.0, yet they did a blanket change for every player. They should've addressed other issues first that involve both ttk and ttd (certain guns being OP, net code, balance issues, etc) before doing this knee jerk reaction. Sadly I can't find the post on twitter again or i'd give them cred, but i saw a guy mention they shouldve done a random experiment where maybe 5% of the community was picked to participate in the ttk changes to get feedback before it rolled out. That would've certainly been better than announcing a massive change with little warning.
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oskool_007 wrote: »
    Money talks louder than Reddit, YouTube Game Changers, and this forum. That's who EA/DICE listens to. The money.

The game flopped. Now DICE is using their crystal ball called 'game telemetry' to tweak the game to be fun and accessable to the majority of players. The sweaty tryhard minority has been kicked out of the front seat and given their own gamemode called Hardcore.

It's been frankly amazing to watch how fast DICE busted a 180° turnaround on this game once sales figures and player login data quickly showed the majority of players weren't having fun playing their hardcore military simulator and getting frustrated from being insta-killed.

Upper management at EA is not happy and heads are rolling.

That's the thing, this change doesn't address accessibility at all and fun is completely subjective.

Please tell me how a beginner benefits from having to kill someone using at least 1 extra bullet? It doesn't, DICE has effectively raised the skill ceiling, not dropped it.

It's obvious that this change has upset the majority of the community, just skim through the giant feedback TTK thread. Fact is DICE marketed and designed this game around TTK 1.0, now they want to overhaul all that just weeks into launch? It's nuts...
  • lllTheSentinelll
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Correction to the title of this post: "Youtubers do not represent ALL opinions".

OP's opinion is still a minority (that happens to not be represented by youtubers)
  • Jamesonoid
    I think they should do an in-game survey to gather data from those who play.

I would say that the majority doesn't like the new TTK. Looking at the forum since it was even announced shows that everyone is upset.

Another member noted that while the forum does reflect a lot of the views of the Battlefield community it is still a tiny percentage of the player base as a whole.

The in-game survey is a good idea to get a proper reading on what the Battlefield community want from this game.

That's a good point. Also that those on the forums are likely less casual players and prefer a faster TTK.

I guess that kinda puts DICE in a bind. On one hand, appeal to the casual players that don't want a fast TTK and push away the veterans(us, or whatever you would call us). OR, appeal to us and the casual players don't enjoy the game as much and "churn" as DICE called it.

Regardless of your opinion of the TTK, DICE would have been much better off to fix the other things that make the game frustrating(specifically towards the churning players) like TTD.
  • SharpeXB
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oskool_007 wrote: »
    It's been frankly amazing to watch how fast DICE busted a 180° turnaround on this game once sales figures and player login data quickly showed the majority of players weren't having fun playing their hardcore military simulator and getting frustrated from being insta-killed.
    I would hardly call TTK 1.0 a “hardcore military simulator” far from it.
    Watch... the “churn” of quitters will remain the same with TTK 2.0. They’ll quit because they can’t get kills with so many bullets. The high TTK makes people frustrated and quit too.
  • SharpeXB
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    And who asked for this new TTK by your opinion? Because as DICE said it was from their info not because people asked for it
    This. The new TTK came from possibly misinterpreted data. It wasn’t requested by anyone.