Double impacts from projectiles?

GENERALONGDONG
403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited December 2018
Anyone else noticing that some projectiles in the game hit your tank twice and you hear a double "clank" sound? I first thought this was down to AP rounds and other heavier tank shells, but I've had a few panzerfaust hits that also seem to hit twice and do double damage. Presumably that shouldn't happen.

Bug or intentional?

Comments

• Aegis_Kleais
    374 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Super bullets (multiple rounds hitting at 1 time, applying lethal damage instantly) is a netcode issue and one DICE cannot fix.
  • GENERALONGDONG
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Super bullets (multiple rounds hitting at 1 time, applying lethal damage instantly) is a netcode issue and one DICE cannot fix.

Well crap. I thought that just applied to small arms. I can be in third person mode and see the shell incoming and hear the hits (first hit sound generally seems to play before the shell has even hit). Annoying, 2 hits for one shot.
  • GeneralXIV
    203 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Idk if this is the same thing, but using Ihe PIAT sometimes I will get 2 hit markers after hitting a tank?
  • GENERALONGDONG
    GeneralXIV wrote: »
    Idk if this is the same thing, but using Ihe PIAT sometimes I will get 2 hit markers after hitting a tank?

Probably is, wasn't a problem in the alpha or beta funny enough. That "extra polish" worked miracles.
  • Aegis_Kleais
    374 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility that projectiles share the same netcode issues. Hitscan or projectile.
  • DukeSan27
    1090 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone else noticing that some projectiles in the game hit your tank twice and you hear a double "clank" sound? I first thought this was down to AP rounds and other heavier tank shells, but I've had a few panzerfaust hits that also seem to hit twice and do double damage. Presumably that shouldn't happen.

Bug or intentional?

This happens very often, my best guess is that it’s impact and explosive damage being applied separately. The explosive damage coming later.

You can notice this when you use the 95mm shell on Churchill, there is a distinct delay after the shell lands and does some damage, and then lots of damage comes through.

I did not notice excessive damage, so the total damage value seems fine.