I think Tides of War is a really good concept

MONEYPYR0
828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
As title says. I think Tides of War is going really well, and I think that the concept is a really good one.

If you're like me, and already reached max rank, the only things you've had to try and achieve are max class/weapon/vehicle ranks, which is fine, but it gets fairly repetitive, especially if you're like me, and do one weapon after the next right away. ToW gives us something to try and achieve, and the missions we have to do are pretty varied, and they lead to both an unlock of the week (VGO, Ratburner, etc), as well as rewards throughout the duration of ToW (Weapon skins, Assignments, Vehicle Skins, and even a soldier set at the end) so that we still have something to work towards.

Personally, I would play the game either way, because I'm having tons of fun with it, but these extra challenges to unlock things really helps me have an idea of what I want to do in each match.

Really looking forward to the next ToW season, great job DICE!!!

Comments

• Jezzzeh
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Aside from the bugs associated with it, I also think it's a really feature in the game. Always having something tangible to aim for in the back of the mind while playing is good.

Just fix the bugs please!
  • Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed, it's really cool so far. I'm actually looking forward to the upcoming weeks, though some of the later challenges do seem a bit daunting/cumbersome.
  • TOG_Whiskey
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It is pretty cool, I just wish the resources had been used to refine the gameplay and test it thoroughly, adding the cosmetics later.
  • MonicasCigar
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »
    As title says. I think Tides of War is going really well, and I think that the concept is a really good one.

If you're like me, and already reached max rank, the only things you've had to try and achieve are max class/weapon/vehicle ranks, which is fine, but it gets fairly repetitive, especially if you're like me, and do one weapon after the next right away. ToW gives us something to try and achieve, and the missions we have to do are pretty varied, and they lead to both an unlock of the week (VGO, Ratburner, etc), as well as rewards throughout the duration of ToW (Weapon skins, Assignments, Vehicle Skins, and even a soldier set at the end) so that we still have something to work towards.

Personally, I would play the game either way, because I'm having tons of fun with it, but these extra challenges to unlock things really helps me have an idea of what I want to do in each match.

except the achievements are both buggy as hell registering,
    and worded incorrectly in some places.

bad implementation.
  • SharpeXB
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is ToW giving everyone the same challenge? Like making revives? If so everyone in the game is trying to do the same thing. Or does it mix up the challenges?
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »

except the achievements are both buggy as hell registering,
    and worded incorrectly in some places.

bad implementation.

I actually haven't had any of thr achievements bugged for me, aside from last weeks stationary kill, which I was still able to get.
    SharpeXB wrote: »
    Is ToW giving everyone the same challenge? Like making revives? If so everyone in the game is trying to do the same thing. Or does it mix up the challenges?

They're the same for everyone, and they all seem to be themed in sone way.

Last week was basics

This week has been squadplay

Next week I think is vehicles
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just don't like that there's a deadline
  • Aegis_Kleais
    374 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Being as there are no major Medic class rewards, I'm not pushing towards completing anything. Heck, I'm still trying to figure out why the hell the Medic weapons show 7 of 9. WHERE are these 2 missing Medic weapons?
  • Ramell_of_Cadia
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Being as there are no major Medic class rewards, I'm not pushing towards completing anything. Heck, I'm still trying to figure out why the hell the Medic weapons show 7 of 9. WHERE are these 2 missing Medic weapons?

I think those numbers include the planned ToW weapons, at least for the near future. All the classes have missing weapons, but the Vickers K took up one of the slots.
  • Aegis_Kleais
    374 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I think those numbers include the planned ToW weapons, at least for the near future. All the classes have missing weapons, but the Vickers K took up one of the slots.

I thought all of the ToW rewards for Chapter 1 were already outlined (and none showed Medic weapons) Are you saying you think it might be some kind of Chapter 2 status, but without information on those items?

I shouldn't get excited. Chances are, it'll just be more useless SMG's. Low rate of fire, low damage, all locked behind a netcode that makes a positive KDR as Medic insanely challenging to pull off.