Poll: Ttk 1.0 vs Ttk 2.0 - which one do you prefer?

Comments

• Greeny_Huwjarz
    4812 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I
    moodii_77 wrote: »
    Only noobs prefer TTK 2.0. TTK 1.0 rewards awareness, movement, positioning and flanking. All of them are very hard to master, thus, in my opinion, the higher skill gap in TTK 1.0. Every weapon feels lethal "except smgs" and you feel satisfied after every kill. This hostile environment enforces the all out war of BF games and leads to an overall better experience. I can't believe anyone enjoys emptying 8-9 bullets "if they all land" to kill someone. WTH. TTK 1.0 also prevents ADAD spam, which is like, the worst thing ever

I’ve got over 2000 hours in BF1 alone. How many you got?

I prefer TTk2.0
  • SirBobdk
    5379 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    I
    Only noobs prefer TTK 2.0. TTK 1.0 rewards awareness, movement, positioning and flanking. All of them are very hard to master, thus, in my opinion, the higher skill gap in TTK 1.0. Every weapon feels lethal "except smgs" and you feel satisfied after every kill. This hostile environment enforces the all out war of BF games and leads to an overall better experience. I can't believe anyone enjoys emptying 8-9 bullets "if they all land" to kill someone. WTH. TTK 1.0 also prevents ADAD spam, which is like, the worst thing ever

I prefer TTk2.0
    1492 hours in BF1 and I prefer 2.0
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2066 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I

I prefer TTk2.0
    1492 hours in BF1 and I prefer 2.0

You noobs. Takes one to know one, I'm a noob with 1700 hours and prefer a slower TTK. At least I don't aspire to be more than a noob, unlike my son who got suspended on Overwatch for claiming others were noob.
  • SirBobdk
    5379 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @MachoFantast1c0 wrote
    You noobs. Takes one to know one,
    I'm not a noob, I'm the king of noobs :smile:
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Played Core last night and the closest game was by 150 tickets, highest 300+. Played TTK.2 and the closest game was by 8 tickets, highest 54.
    It's got to be the range that puts people off PTFO in core, I love the gun play but hate how uncontested the matches are.
    Or possibly Core attracts the crowd that enjoy the K/D aspect of Battlefield more?
  • mf_shro0m
    2362 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Played Core last night and the closest game was by 150 tickets, highest 300+. Played TTK.2 and the closest game was by 8 tickets, highest 54.
    It's got to be the range that puts people off PTFO in core, I love the gun play but hate how uncontested the matches are.
    Or possibly Core attracts the crowd that enjoy the K/D aspect of Battlefield more?

The way to fix that would be to implement performance based squad matching to even out the teams for each game.
    That shouldn’t be an excuse for implementing TTk 2.0
  • mf_shro0m
    2362 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

As for why it’s so different I’d bet that it’s because people are packing together more like in BFI, and flanking and taking out multiple hostiles by yourself is much harder. As a result it’s harder for individuals and even single squads to have a big hand in matches
  • FireStarterGR
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I liked TTK 1 better. Deal with TTD instead
  • FireStarterGR
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    You dont understand people. With aim assist even TTK 2.0 ends in accidentally headshots almost everytime. Even MP40 can kill you in a blink of an eye. Deal with TTD and maybe TTK 2.0 will be just fine after all. In the same time, semi autos like gewehr 43 with default high damage should kill with 3 shots. We dont have the blessing of spraying like full autos have.
  • narnold700
    282 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Well yea it makes sense that core being more milsim would attract players that care more about K/D as a skill metric when compared to players that like arcade type shooters more. I'm personally skeptical that the uncontested nature of the core matches you played can be primarily attributed to the longer TTK. I still remember in BF1 prior to the TTK change that it was not uncommon for me to end up seeing games end with one team still having 100s of tickets left. I personally think what you're witnessing is more the lack of good team balancing features in the game resulting in some games where one team has considerably more skilled players then the other team and as a result one of the teams loses very badly.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »

The way to fix that would be to implement performance based squad matching to even out the teams for each game.
    That shouldn’t be an excuse for implementing TTk 2.0
    narnold700 wrote: »

Well yea it makes sense that core being more milsim would attract players that care more about K/D as a skill metric when compared to players that like arcade type shooters more. I'm personally skeptical that the uncontested nature of the core matches you played can be primarily attributed to the longer TTK. I still remember in BF1 prior to the TTK change that it was not uncommon for me to end up seeing games end with one team still having 100s of tickets left. I personally think what you're witnessing is more the lack of good team balancing features in the game resulting in some games where one team has considerably more skilled players then the other team and as a result one of the teams loses very badly.

100% agree that more investment needs to be put into proper matchmaking. You'd see it all the time in BF1, where one side dominated the other and it's the same with what I've played of BF4.

But there is a difference that's bothering me. When you saw a rout in BF1 the final scoreboard at the end reflected this, the top players on both teams will have similar scores and K/D but as you progress down you see the difference in strengths where the other teams domination becomes more pronounced.

What I found in all the Core games last night was that K/D wise there was virtually no difference, in fact on the game that ended 300+ the losing team on the whole had a stronger K/D. There was just no effort whatsoever put into PTFO.

Best example was Aerodrome, where the entire enemy team was camped in a circle around the map just taking pot shots from distance. It wasn't a heavy Recon team, their where plenty of Assault and Support (zero medics obviously) but still no PTO. At one point I realised that the flag I was defending was completely outnumbered, but it didn't change colour the entire game.
    The amount of flags I was able to cap solo was equally disappointing. I just sneak in, take it and then nothing. It was this pattern repeated to various degrees on different servers all night.

TTK.2 by contrast was a constant battle all night, you do see more squads moving around the map to objectives together with one or two tag alongs, I wouldn't describe it as a 'Zerg' though, at least not by BF1 standards, the emphasis just seem's to be more focussed on PTO and competing.
    Although if I had to choose between a BF1 style Zerg or Aerodromes, well nothing, I'd rather face a Zerg.

I can't believe that the matchmaking could be so poor for Core yet so much better for TTK.2, so for me it's either the weapon differences, TTK.2 just massively needs a proper balance, where most ranged weapons are less effective. Or K/D players are attracted to Core and PTO players TTK.2.

I'm not saying that every game in Core and TTK.2 play this way, I'm sure there are matches that run vice versa to the above, but this has overwhelmingly been my experience so far. Core has the gunplay, TTK.2 has the objective play.
  • IamNotThatWhichU
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They are both RUBBISH, i want TTK 3, and if i dont get it, me and 'all my mates' are leaving BF for good!
    So there!
  • CaptainNoobcakes
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    2 without a doubt, getting insta killed is no fun, the game is not quake arena. and i've owned and played every BF game sine BF1942, so my opinion is as valid as anybodys.
  • GG_Potato_Aim
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dice ruined the balance for gunplay/attrition for the new ttk. I absolutely hate it because it makes people want to camp more or run away and hide since everyone is a bullet sponge now. I refuse to play the broken mess for new ttk and I will only play on old ttk mode "conquest core" Dice you really screwed this up... Balance was perfect with old ttk system. Trying to cater to noobs... Unbelievable! Guess what? It's not going to help them and they will still get wrecked by good players. I hope the new ttk system is full of snipers and shotguns people since it is not nerfed. MAKE IT SO YOU ARE NOT SPLITTING THE COMMUNITY AND CHANGE IT BACK TO THE OLD TTK SYSTEM.
  • moodii_77
    239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I

I prefer TTk2.0

So what? Does that invalidate my argument? Do we need to boast about our stats to win arguments around here? It doesn't add anything to your point "if you have any".
  • StingX71
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Delta245 wrote: »
    I totally agree that 2 requires better gun control and shot placement it does need some tweaking with weapons and the ttd still needs to be addressed.

Which noobs don't have and are still getting owned. It also allows the player they are engaging to react and shoot/kill them, probably adding to their frustration. Happen to me few times I was getting shot at, turned around and took them and their buddy down. Half the time I can't believe I was able to pull it off.
  • SumwhatKrazy
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    StingX71 wrote: »
    Delta245 wrote: »
    I totally agree that 2 requires better gun control and shot placement it does need some tweaking with weapons and the ttd still needs to be addressed.

Which noobs don't have and are still getting owned. It also allows the player they are engaging to react and shoot/kill them, probably adding to their frustration. Happen to me few times I was getting shot at, turned around and took them and their buddy down. Half the time I can't believe I was able to pull it off.

Iam not the best player (KDR is 0.9) and i seem to do better at TTK 2.0. Haven't played it much yet though.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TTK 2.0 with a fixed TTD would work. Still getting insta-killed by some dude standing up spamming his support gun across the map in one frame.
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    566 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    adding two TTK versions to the game is pure nonsense! Dice-EA should stop that nonsense!
  • SirBobdk
    adding two TTK versions to the game is pure nonsense! Dice-EA should stop that nonsense!
    Even if I do agree I don't think they have any other choice. The game is a mess and it seems they don't have a clue why, so now they are trying this to see if the TTK makes any difference.