Poll: Ttk 1.0 vs Ttk 2.0 - which one do you prefer?

Comments

• SirBobdk
    5380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    JBar027 wrote: »
    The problem that ttk 2.0 was suppose to fix .. (the feeling of being killed in 1 shot) have not ben fixed at all ... you still get owned by the slow server tickrate .. only thing 2.0 is the frustration of tickling enemy for days ....
    Maybe for you, but not for me.
  • hunterxcool
    11 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TTK 2.0 is better
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TTK 2.0 could've been a great change for the game, but DICE implemented it so poorly, it never really had a chance.

Games of Conquest did flow better in TTK 2.0, players were moving around pushing objectives, games were just more enjoyable play. Last night playing core, it's like people are too scared to move again. I feel like I'm back to pushing objectives on my own, which isn't fun. It also raised the skill ceiling by requiring you to go for headshots which I was also liking, although I'm not sure how it was meant to help new players.

If DICE had just taken a little time to balance the weapons for TTK 2.0, people might've given it a proper go and not dismissed it straight away.

Sadly they rushed it through and here we are.

DICE, maybe next time use the alpha/beta to test changes like this. That's what they're for.

almosts feels like dice sabotaged ttk2 because it wasn't getting its due diligence when it came to balancing. All they did was change the BTK values. I wish they had a CTE and gave it more time. I'm not a fan of ttk1. I don't mind it, but I prefer ttk2 better.

the ttk for MMGs seem a little too fast in ttk. They need to change that. Imo

This whole game needs a reset. Delete the maps. Make them smaller like bf1 so they flow better and have interesting fights. Right now, a high kpm in this game is considered 2kpm. Before anyone says its about kills, its not. Its about pacing. That lets you know the games flow so slowly. All you have to do is look at the kpm.
  • dar_wryy
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1.5 would be ideal
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    The game is definitely back to being a camp fest, and assault SLRs still dominate most ranges.

The games I played today were all full of MMGs around every corner and players just laying in the grass all over the place on Panzerstorm.

Is this a style of play that people will actually find fun for 1-2 years? Legitimately curious. I feel like I've already been playing the game for years lol. It's a chore sometimes.

Depends.. The game needs smaller maps and if the dlc changes the trend and make it comes focused then the dynamic will change. I think the defensive playstyle had as much to do with ttk as it does work map design.

You give me bfv ttk1 in ballroom blitz on battlefield 1 and I'd enjoy it. Instead you give us maps like Rotterdam, narvik, and twisted steel. Two wide open maps and one map with so many accessible buildings you can get shot from.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2066 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TTK 2.0 could've been a great change for the game, but DICE implemented it so poorly, it never really had a chance.

Games of Conquest did flow better in TTK 2.0, players were moving around pushing objectives, games were just more enjoyable play. Last night playing core, it's like people are too scared to move again. I feel like I'm back to pushing objectives on my own, which isn't fun. It also raised the skill ceiling by requiring you to go for headshots which I was also liking, although I'm not sure how it was meant to help new players.

If DICE had just taken a little time to balance the weapons for TTK 2.0, people might've given it a proper go and not dismissed it straight away.

Sadly they rushed it through and here we are.

DICE, maybe next time use the alpha/beta to test changes like this. That's what they're for.

My thoughts exactly.
    The game is definitely back to being a camp fest, and assault SLRs still dominate most ranges.

The games I played today were all full of MMGs around every corner and players just laying in the grass all over the place on Panzerstorm.

Camping between objectives was certainly a thing again last night. We had to play Conquest to get the V-1 kills for @bran1986 's ugly **** helmet, but I certainly won't be playing CQ frequently anymore. Domination is just all around more fun, fast-paced and least frustrating. Breakthrough and Frontlines are mostly good as well, since on the linear modes you can at least anticipate where the campers are.

Until weapon balance is fixed, I see no reason not to abuse the assault semis. Shame.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    857 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    CptGaben wrote: »
    TTK 1.0 every day, 2.0 is just ridiculous, 7-8 hits to kill? Is this airsoft? And now the snipercampers can suck it again :)

Yes, now every class can camp again. Back to Camperfield V.

Could people magically not camp anymore with the slower Ttk?
    Lol

No, but it wasn't as prevalent.

I think that was a temporary thing as players wanted to test out TTK2 properly.

After a coupla weeks once the less good players have been headshotted by bunny hopping players they’d already shot a bunch of times too many times, they’d have gone back to camping on the edges of maps.
    The thing with TTK 2 is that there would still be good players and bad players who just keep dying.

Possibly, but I don't think so. The fact that they couldn't kill from range is what made them push up the map in the first place. If quite a few guns where given more recoil or damage drop off at range then we'd have far more interesting matches in World War Camp.

• Skitelz7
    980 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The problem that ttk 2.0 was suppose to fix .. (the feeling of being killed in 1 shot) have not ben fixed at all ... you still get owned by the slow server tickrate .. only thing 2.0 is the frustration of tickling enemy for days ....

Yeah, because your game is the only one without the bug.
    *facepalm*
  • SirBobdk
    5380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Skitelz7 wrote: »

Yeah, because your game is the only one without the bug.
    *facepalm*
    Do we misunderstand each other?
    ttk1 is horrible. ttk2 was not perfect but solved a lot of my problems and made it playable. And I couldn't tell any difference in getting kills.
  • Kauzer_RF
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    My vote is for 2. But sniping and bipod campers will vote for 1. They gona win this poll.
  • StingX71
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Kauzer_RF wrote: »
    My vote is for 2. But sniping and bipod campers will vote for 1. They gona win this poll.

I'm neither, wanted what the game came with and tested with. TTK 1.0

I run and gun.
  • StingX71
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy wrote: »

Is this a style of play that people will actually find fun for 1-2 years? Legitimately curious. I feel like I've already been playing the game for years lol. It's a chore sometimes.

Depends.. The game needs smaller maps and if the dlc changes the trend and make it comes focused then the dynamic will change. I think the defensive playstyle had as much to do with ttk as it does work map design.

You give me bfv ttk1 in ballroom blitz on battlefield 1 and I'd enjoy it. Instead you give us maps like Rotterdam, narvik, and twisted steel. Two wide open maps and one map with so many accessible buildings you can get shot from.

Small maps is what CoD is for. Leave the big maps to BF. Learn routes that reduce your chance of getting ambushed. I swear people, you don't know how to have fun with this game. You want to run from objective to objective without being opposed or ambushed. That's not what BF is about. You don't get to run in the middle of a field or swamp without ramifications.

• UncleAlbert1802
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Preferred 2.0 to be honest as the TTD seemed a little better.
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Overall, TTK 2 by a mile, it was just poorly balanced.

Right now unless you squad with friends I feel this game is terrible, unpolished, and unfinished, and in general a complete waste of my time.

I'm pretty good with where I am right now. The game is already boring me.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Ther are network code changes coming with the patch in January, hopefully Dice gets the TTD sorted out. If they do, the game will feel completely different.
  • SirBobdk

Ther are network code changes coming with the patch in January, hopefully Dice gets the TTD sorted out. If they do, the game will feel completely different.
    Agree and if so I won't have a problem with ttk1.
    But I'm not that that positive that they are going to solve this. It's have been a problem for so long, so why should it suddenly be fixed.
    But fingers crossed, In the end we all want a great BF.