Poll: Ttk 1.0 vs Ttk 2.0 - which one do you prefer?

Comments

• theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's amazing how quickly Frontlines changed in one day after TTK was reverted. It went from both teams pushing objectives back to squads hiding as far away from the objective as they can and shooting the people trying to play the actual game from a safe distance. Then I have to waste a bunch of time flanking around the map to just to kill 4 guys sitting on a hill with a gods view of what is happening and guns with infinite range that can kill me when you I am approaching from almost every angle. They have an assault, a support and a scout on a beacon in the middle of nowhere and they don't move. When the MCOM section comes up it takes a minute for them to return from out of bounds so the game can proceed.

• DingoKillr
    4356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    StingX71 wrote: »
    Pelliy wrote: »
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    The game is definitely back to being a camp fest, and assault SLRs still dominate most ranges.

The games I played today were all full of MMGs around every corner and players just laying in the grass all over the place on Panzerstorm.

Is this a style of play that people will actually find fun for 1-2 years? Legitimately curious. I feel like I've already been playing the game for years lol. It's a chore sometimes.

Depends.. The game needs smaller maps and if the dlc changes the trend and make it comes focused then the dynamic will change. I think the defensive playstyle had as much to do with ttk as it does work map design.

You give me bfv ttk1 in ballroom blitz on battlefield 1 and I'd enjoy it. Instead you give us maps like Rotterdam, narvik, and twisted steel. Two wide open maps and one map with so many accessible buildings you can get shot from.

Small maps is what CoD is for. Leave the big maps to BF. Learn routes that reduce your chance of getting ambushed. I swear people, you don't know how to have fun with this game. You want to run from objective to objective without being opposed or ambushed. That's not what BF is about. You don't get to run in the middle of a field or swamp without ramifications.
    They want Metro.

Why else would they argue for a TTK like Rainbow 6 a 5 v 5 small scale maps where corner ambush happen. The yappers all seem to love TDM Kharg while saying they have a massive dislike like Metro.

With all the arguments for a faster TTK they are true Metro lovers.
  • SirBobdk
    5380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @theONEFORCE WROTE
    It's amazing how quickly Frontlines changed in one day after TTK was reverted. It went from both teams pushing objectives back to squads hiding as far away from the objective as they can
    Yaa, seen the same. Amazing. But I guess thats what the so call "majority" wants. Turn every game in to a TDM camping fest. But maybe they are right. BF have become so hard that 99% of the playerbase don't have the skills including my self and should find another game and let the last 1% have their game.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4813 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah. The Jack FragsWestie support club are happy now.

In the meantime BFV playercount will continue to fall faster than a ****’s drawers.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7068 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I don't know what mode you guys are playing. I play conquest exclusively because I find Breakthrough/Operations/Frontlines all campy, defensive, and too restricting. I barely touched these modes in BFV and BF1. Don't think ttk has anything to do with it. They're badly designed on most of the maps. Some sectors are well designed but it's hit or miss. Conquest has no sniper or bipod problem. They're there but it's an epidemic. The aforementioned modes will always be frustrating, it's not ttk its design and strength of the teams.
  • SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @theONEFORCE WROTE
    It's amazing how quickly Frontlines changed in one day after TTK was reverted. It went from both teams pushing objectives back to squads hiding as far away from the objective as they can
    Yaa, seen the same. Amazing. But I guess thats what the so call "majority" wants. Turn every game in to a TDM camping fest. But maybe they are right. BF have become so hard that 99% of the playerbase don't have the skills including my self and should find another game and let the last 1% have their game.

I don't think the last 1% has any additional skills, they just don't care about dying quickly because the trade off is that they can actually get kills in a fast TTK situation where the only thing they have to do is see the person first from their hidey hole.

Don't talk about center mass mag dumpers like that. They are people too :(
  • SirBobdk
    5380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @BaronVonGoon wrote
    Conquest has no sniper or bipod problem
    No but it offers nothing except 99% infantry merry flag around the clock.
    Vehicle play is more or less absence in BVF and replaced by infantry play.
    No wonder ttk is the most importent subject.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7068 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    @BaronVonGoon wrote
    Conquest has no sniper or bipod problem
    No but it offers nothing except 99% infantry merry flag around the clock.
    Vehicle play is more or less absence in BVF and replaced by infantry play.
    No wonder ttk is the most importent subject.

Yeah but thats another topic though.i agree. There arent enough vehicles on alot of the maps.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ttk2.0
  • villet4x
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1.0 ttk is better
  • uzi_clip1
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    dude32092 wrote: »
    heck, even 1.0 is to slow for me.

I don't like either one. Roll out rent-a-servers and let me increase damage until I find out what I like without waiting a year for Dice to tweak it endlessly...

I agree. Battlefield should've been a mil sim. It needs way less ttk and less HUD. Am I the only one that didn't like battlefield 3? That's when it started wanting to be cod. But most console players are casuals and they want arcade style fps games. I'm waiting on insurgency. Hardcore for life.
  • bloodprizm
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TTK 2.0 - hands down.
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't know what mode you guys are playing. I play conquest exclusively because I find Breakthrough/Operations/Frontlines all campy, defensive, and too restricting. I barely touched these modes in BFV and BF1. Don't think ttk has anything to do with it. They're badly designed on most of the maps. Some sectors are well designed but it's hit or miss. Conquest has no sniper or bipod problem. They're there but it's an epidemic. The aforementioned modes will always be frustrating, it's not ttk its design and strength of the teams.

I'm speaking from the position of someone that plays about 2-3 hours a day since launch with no time off for pouting. The playstyles present in the modes I play, Frontlines and Breakthrough, changed considerably over the last week to a much less campy, much less defensive style because of TTK 2.0 and now they are changing back.

I'm not saying that 2.0 was perfect. But it certainly highlighted several of the problems with 1.0. The largest two being camping supports and assault spam from sniper ranges.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    With the old TTK back the packet loss and hitreg problems came back again, so for that reason I prefer TTK 2.0.

Anyone already read the netcode analysis done by Battlenonsense?
  • SirBobdk
    edited December 2018
    Went back to the G43 today. only used it the first days.
    Cmon guys, really. it this what the majority wants. Easy kill with laser weapons and low ttk.
    This gun is so ridiculous easy to use that I can't understand why anyone says a low ttk is more skill full.
    On small 5x5 sd maps perhaps. But on larger maps with 64 player this is a campers paradise.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Went back to the G43 today. only used it the first days.
    Cmon guys, really. it this what the majority wants. Easy kill with laser weapons and low ttk.
    This gun is so ridiculous easy to use that I can't understand why anyone says a low ttk is more skill full.
    On small 5x5 sd maps perhaps. But on larger maps with 64 player this is a campers paradise.

I think ttk is irrevelant for campers with the exception of being bipods because unlike tanks and other cases, These people have to go get ammo. bipod support doesn't which why I think support needs to get a slight ttk nerf. There should be no reason to why someone can shoot me from a brige on the other side of the map and have a reasonablly fast ttk. Makes no freaking sense. People thought bipods in bf1 was bad?! LOL Ha! This is paradise for bipodders. Frankly, its disgusting. I don't know why MMGs and stuff like that are a thing. I don't know why dice encourages bland gameplay like that. Its very lazy. Not dice; the gameplay. It's very very lazy playstyle.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    With the old TTK back the packet loss and hitreg problems came back again, so for that reason I prefer TTK 2.0.

Anyone already read the netcode analysis done by Battlenonsense?

Right now the net code analysis video from Battle nonsense is only available to his patreon backers. It will be available to the rest of us tomorrow I believe.
  • SirBobdk
    @pellliy wrote
    I think ttk is irrevelant for campers with the exception of being bipods because unlike tanks and other cases, These people have to go get ammo
    There's ammo lots of places. Not a problem.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @pellliy wrote
    I think ttk is irrevelant for campers with the exception of being bipods because unlike tanks and other cases, These people have to go get ammo
    There's ammo lots of places. Not a problem.

Yes, but you have to go to those places to get it. Like dead enemies, squadmates, or suppply stations. As a support. You literally don't have to move. So if you're camped up in a spot and you're not spotted. You can stay there all game. BF1, this wasn't a thing. If you camped in a spot, eventually you were going to get killed and if you didn't you weren't as effective as you can be with bfv. It's really disgusting.