Three Days of trying to get a missile kill for the tides of war

2»

Comments

• WineThirty
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's good to know I am not alone. I have been trying several different options as well. I have been squad leader and not. Most games if I am not squad lead the player will use the bomb and I do not get the credit or even notification of kills from it. Some games it will be unlocked some games it wont. No rhyme or reason to it. I didnt think about opening a ticket but will now.

I agree that the helmet looks stupid and I wont be putting it on any of my characters but I do want to finish the assignment which is more important. I have been trying to get this done for close on 4 days now with still no luck.

I have found sometimes that the targeting system wont work and the screen goes half black just like a prior poster. Then the missile is no longer available for a time. I have had squad lead stolen from me twice while trying to figure that crap out and not seeing the request for order then the guy that stole it uses it for a stupid reinforcement crate and wont give it back... the rage was rising at that point lol
  • CaptainNoobcakes
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    i got it first time with 2 kills on rotterdam. guess i was lucky, just pick your moment and have patience, and tbh the helmet is awful, not sure why anybody would want to use it anyway, it looks ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
  • Player_dhfjh4re
    137 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've managed to be SL somehow and managed to fire two rockets on two different rounds, one killed a guy, the other came too late on a position already occupied by our own soldiers XD Two days left, fingers crossed for an helmet so bad I'll never use it. XD XD

A suggestion if you are on Arras: my team mates were not playing objectives, but kept sniping from the bell tower. Low points for the squad.
    So I climbed the bloody tower, left a couple of antitank mines and just blow the goddamn thing. Without the tower/roof, they start playing objectives all right. XD
  • uk_Jimm
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Had it three times in the last 24 hours and twice as squad leader and didn't register in any dispite on at least my v1 I got 7kills and 4kills on each. What makes it worse is two of my squad got it when I was squad leader and I didn't. Seems totally broken
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just a thought.... Are you guy's issuing the ATTACK/DEFEND order before launching the V1? If you just launch at a populated target without issuing the order, it's technically not "as a squad".
  • robbocroft
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same here, yesterday i was in a squad whith a leader that dropped a rocket on a objective packed with hostiles. Points started rolling out on the screen and lo and behold the tides of war archivment was not unlocked...
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    robbocroft wrote: »
    Same here, yesterday i was in a squad whith a leader that dropped a rocket on a objective packed with hostiles. Points started rolling out on the screen and lo and behold the tides of war archivment was not unlocked...

Do you remember if your squad leader issued the ATTACK/DEFEND order before he launched?
  • WineThirty
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I know for sure that at least once a day for the last 4 days there has been a squad order on the objective and the missile launched. I cannot say for sure about the other attempts though. I totally agree the helmet looks like crap and I would not put it on any of the soldiers but I want to complete the assignment for the sake of completing it lol

When I see people using the masks I wonder how they can even see through the masks to shoot haha

Spent over an hour in chat support with EA and deleted cache and files and was told that my game is not in sync with the servers and could be 12-24 hours before it shows. I also repaired the game to try and sync up the game. Who knows maybe they were being honest not just wanting me off the line. The last guy also said that the devs are aware of the problem and to keep checking for updates. /shrug its 2 days before the end of the deadline. I like to see the line completed not sitting with one kill left.

They did say that it should be showing as complete in my game menu, which suggests to me that they have it as complete on their end which would also explain why no matter what option I try I dont get any credit. As far as the game is concerned its already done, just not on my side. Makes sense, would like it fixed though.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1783 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If anyone is on pc I'll help I guess
  • DigitalContagion
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Spawn in as Squad Leader and play as a Medic, throw pouches, revive players, kill when need to kill, keep the squad engaged in Squad Orders, you'll rack up your 41.5k points in no time. This also depends on the map, mode, how well you and your squad do as well. Personally, I got 2 JB-2 rockets available on Hamada on Breakthrough mode and my squad and I got the credit within one game. Not sure how this is taking players "days" to complete. If you are relying on another "squad leader" to carry you through, you're playing Russian Roulette. Best is to lead a squad yourself or grab some friends to form up like Voltron and complete the "Look Up" assignment together. Good luck!
  • biketankbob
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    same issue here not tracking kills.
  • S0ckenSchuss
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tides of war has ONE BIG SECRET! It doesnt work correctly in squads /friendsquads. You need to pick the challenge, and click "start game" in it. Best thing you can do is set up a new squad and lock it for just friends (but dont invite friends) and do this challenges alone.

If your squadfriend doenst have started the challenge over the "start game" button on it, because he jumped in ysour game over origin, things wouldnt work for him. so it is almost impossible to finish challenges with a random squad.

I did everything alone, except the 2 V1 Kills. i started game over button, made a new squad and filled it with randoms (to generate squadpoints). after two conquest matches i threw a V1 into a bunch of snipers on Airfield Map and it counted exactyl two kills for me.

Short: if you want the challenges done, always satart over the "start game" button by yourself. dont accept invitations or join after a friend over origin. all this wont work correctly for you.