Does anybody actually enjoy playing Team Deathmatch?

j232211V7
83 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited December 2018
I gave Team DeathMatch another shot with my friends last night, just to realized how boring and empty this game mode feels. This is a campers vs campers game mode where players have zero incentive into rushing to locate enemies/capture points. Match lasted forever (over 35 minutes), we could find only one enemy every 2-3 minutes, absolutely ridicoulus. We barely finihed the game. Does anybody really enjoys playing Team DeathMatch?

Comments

• Vrost
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i must admit i never played it because this game mode is not why i play battlefield. i could imagine a lot of players think the same. but thats just my opinion.
    I prefer the ther modes especially frontlines much more, i love battlefield because of the objective based gamestyle
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TDM is the only game mode that I haven't played. Maybe some day I'll try it.
  • oXGeminiXo
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have never really been a big fan of tdm on any game mode really but it has been a pretty bad experience on bf1 and bf5 especially. I would always play objective base games and really on play ten because friends wanted to play it. I guess it suits a certain type of player but I would rather have objectives mixed with killing. I feel like just going for kills is 1 dimensional and to me doesn't create a hectic environment that makes you multitask. I guess my ADHD is in need of more stimuli 😆
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    556 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nah do not enjoy, but that is why I do not play it.
  • Zviko0
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Haven't played TDM since COD4. It's a COD game mode imo.
  • BlindChance
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I play Battlefield for the game modes other games do no offer: mainly conquest and at times the variations of rush: breakthrough and frontlines. If I wanted deathmatch, domination or battle royale I would play CoD or PubG. DICE should stop getting distracted with these extra game modes and spend resources on their original ideas.
  • aiapopaia13
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I am playing TDM only because i like the "short" entertainment, after work, with some skills required like in BF3 and 4. The TDM maps in 1 and 5 are to big and also didn't generate due to mapdesign the fun of fast action. With 1 and 5 i am more into running through the maps to find oponents and get instakilled by snipers which isn't fun at all. Also it feels more like arcade everybody can do and not like a kind of progress you need to get better. The most fun i have in BF4 maps...
  • GrizzGolf
    1445 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Only use Shotguns in TDM
  • B0ng0_Banger
    1161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i mostly play tdm. i would say about 75% of my play time. i don't find the other game modes that fun in bf5. and matches lasting 35 minutes and only finding an enemy every 2-3 minutes, i haven't experienced once. for one, the timer is only 15-20 minutes, and 95% of the time, reaches the kill limit before the timer runs out.
    i agree it's not quite as fast paced as tdm was in bf1, but i think that's because the maps are bigger.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11616 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Raises hand. 🙋🏻‍♀️
  • azzwich
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    TDM is my favorite game mode. It's smaller and more controlled even though there's still 32 players. Medics matter the most since points are only given based on kills, and you hold and fortify a location for it's benefits (high ground, ammo station, etc.) rather than because the game just tells you to hold it. Sometimes I wish each team would get 1 tank, but at the same time it's refreshing to avoid dealing with vehicles.
    Post edited by azzwich on
  • Woodlbrad
    744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yea but with old ttk.