Are we getting new maps anytime soon?

j232211V7
83 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Does anybody knows the ETA fro new maps?
BF1 in Domination has 28 maps including Season pass, is getting kind of boring after 3 weeks of playing the same maps over and over again in Domination which is my favorite mode.
Have DICE announced a roadmap for 2019?

Comments

• Kagg
    143 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You already got one so far.
  • j232211V7
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Kagg wrote: »

True, but Only for Conquest mode which we never play, No love for breakthrough, domination or frontlines.
  • ackers75
    2652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Think they need to concentrate on fixing the mess first
  • Wlnnie-Pooh
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Battle for Greece: one or maybe two maps sometime between march and april according to the roadmap.

bfv-tides-of-war-roadmap-1920.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg
  • GTT_Ch0pper
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wow. So many game modes coming up. I thought 6 modes was already too much.
    If you go by server lists (in US) the Conquest mode is BY FAR the most played and popular.
    And isn't Breakthrough the new Rush?
  • Siiiiimi
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A huge part of the mess is terrible maps tho. Both from a gameplay pov, but even more so from an aesthetic pov. Maps have terrible layouts and terrible lack of detail and flavor compared to earlier BF titles.

I can live with bugs, crashes and whatever ttk, but maps having boring gameplay and giving no ww2 vibes at all is the major reason im not playing atm.
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Siiiiimi wrote: »
    A huge part of the mess is terrible maps tho. Both from a gameplay pov, but even more so from an aesthetic pov. Maps have terrible layouts and terrible lack of detail and flavor compared to earlier BF titles.

I can live with bugs, crashes and whatever ttk, but maps having boring gameplay and giving no ww2 vibes at all is the major reason im not playing atm.

aha... i think u won't play if u had to alt f4 after every single round aka endless EoR
  • 24OmniTactics24
    147 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Expect 5 maps max just look at battlefront 2
  • 69GTOJudge
    524 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    j232211V7 wrote: »
    Kagg wrote: »

True, but Only for Conquest mode which we never play, No love for breakthrough, domination or frontlines.
    "Which we never play", who is this "we" you speak of?

• Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Battle for Greece: one or maybe two maps sometime between march and april according to the roadmap.

bfv-tides-of-war-roadmap-1920.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

One lousy map and as i remember they said this one it will be focused on air combat. You know the Vehicles they made boring too.
    And no i dont count Firestorm as Battlefield map.
  • DirtyDog1974
    318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Expect what they announced, nothing more. This game is circling the drain fast.
  • azelenkin0306
    565 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    1 map in March according to their official roadmap blog. Taking into account the whole situation around Battlefield this could be the last map for this game. Hope I am wrong
  • Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What most people don't seem to understand is just how time-consuming it is to produce maps for a game/engine as detailed and complex as this. They can't just churn them out every other week.
  • Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wow. So many game modes coming up. I thought 6 modes was already too much.
    If you go by server lists (in US) the Conquest mode is BY FAR the most played and popular.
    And isn't Breakthrough the new Rush?

Yeah, it's the same mistake DICE makes every time. They cram these games with modes that almost no one touches. I wish they'd go back to focusing on two modes at most--Conquest and Rush/Breakthrough/whatever-you-want-to-name-it.
  • DirtyDog1974
    318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What most people don't seem to understand is just how time-consuming it is to produce maps for a game/engine as detailed and complex as this. They can't just churn them out every other week.

What I expect is more then few maps, perhaps they shouldn't push games out so fast and concentrate on more quality. Excuses are like butt holes everyone has one.
  • UnearthedCO
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    j232211V7 wrote: »
    Does anybody knows the ETA fro new maps?
    BF1 in Domination has 28 maps including Season pass, is getting kind of boring after 3 weeks of playing the same maps over and over again in Domination which is my favorite mode.
    Have DICE announced a roadmap for 2019?

This is why paying for a "Premium Pass" is the safest option because at least we are guaranteed maps and content. With a free DLC or no premium pass we might be lucky to get 1 map every 4 months.
  • DirtyDog1974
    I will never understand people who buy Battlefield and play Domination and TDM.

Just play COD.

Thanks Dave, way to encourage people to stick around. Kinda like don't like it don't buy it hmm?
  • nutcrackr
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Looks like the next one is in March.

Given the poor quality of the current maps, it's going to be a rough few months. I suspect maps would be quicker to build without fortifications.
  • trip1ex
    5284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I will never understand people who buy Battlefield and play Domination and TDM.

Just play COD.

I think it is because they find some niche where they can dominate. Because you’re right. There is no reason to buy BF otherwise just to okay those modes. Other companies put way more work into those types of modes.