Damage of weapons

prisoner_519362
22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
How is a throwing knife a 1 shot kill but a regular knife does almost nothing from a front attack.

Why are flak cannons worthless?

Comments

• prisoner_519362
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How does a 9mm pistol do more damage than 45 machine gun ?
  • prisoner_519362
    Can’t wait for a hardcore mode...
  • VincentNZ
    3798 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I suppose you mean the calibre? Probably because the difference between the two rounds is marginal. For your other questions: Flak, as in MAA and SAA are, right now, in an extremely good state.
    Throwing knifes are a gimmick as is melee, but yeah you usually do not kill a guy with one stab. Hardcore is not very likely, as DICE does not want to separate playerbases.
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Can’t wait for a hardcore mode...

And we will wait forever
  • Zenga
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

How does a sniper spam ADADADADADADADADA for 25 straight minutes, while still taking perfect headshots across the map? How does an assault ADS while running and jumping and in mid air and killing the opponent? How does an 88mm tank shell deal less damage then a PIAT? How??? So many questions, so little sense.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Because it's a game and balance matters more.
  • k12320593v
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How does an average soldier survive a direct hit of a 20mm cannon? Shouldn’t he be torn apart into pieces instantly when hit?

Relax, it’s a game. Making everything accurate would only make the game unplayable.
  • aRrAyStArTaT0
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

How does a sniper shot to the chest do less damage than 2 SMG shots to the leg?
    How does a full PDR tank round only do 80 damage?
    How does a HE tank round not kill someone that it hit directly or it landed next to?
    How does a flak cannon still take 3-5 shots to kill a single infantry?
    How can flak cannons and mobile AAs not kill sandbags and walls (IRL, those bullets are as big as my forearm)?
    How can SMGs, ARs, DMRs, and MMGs have the same accuracy and faster TTK than snipers at range?
    Balance is entirely dumb. Why is the minimum damage for everything a 3 shot kill? Oh, except for pistols and everything by a tank.
  • prisoner_519362
    k12320593v wrote: »
    How does an average soldier survive a direct hit of a 20mm cannon? Shouldn’t he be torn apart into pieces instantly when hit?

Relax, it’s a game. Making everything accurate would only make the game unplayable.

Unplayable for noobs... mic drop.
  • spartanx169x
    836 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How did my tank get one shotted When it had full health on the tank playing conquest on devestation? Yes my tank was destroyed in a single explosion with full health.
  • crapjon
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How did my tank get one shotted When it had full health on the tank playing conquest on devestation? Yes my tank was destroyed in a single explosion with full health.

Someone probably threw some AT mines on your tank and then blew them all up with the PIAT/Panzerfaust/AT grenade etc.
  • spartanx169x
    836 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    crapjon wrote: »

Someone probably threw some AT mines on your tank and then blew them all up with the PIAT/Panzerfaust/AT grenade etc.

That makes sense but I was surrounded by my own team and it said I died to a medic. I know medics can pick up other guns but gadgets too?
  • ADropOfPoo
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

That makes sense but I was surrounded by my own team and it said I died to a medic. I know medics can pick up other guns but gadgets too?

Maybe your own team threw down AT mines right next to you and the medic threw a lucky grenade on them?

• spartanx169x
    ADropOfPoo wrote: »

Maybe your own team threw down AT mines right next to you and the medic threw a lucky grenade on them?

Possible. Funny thing is NEVER get in tanks. That was my first attempt in BFV with already 40 hrs of playtime in and I helped kill one tank then I was destroyed 30 second later. And that is why I don’t get in tanks. Haha. At the time it was a WTF moment that made me want to quit.