Soldier movement is too fast on PC, the game is way too twitchy

«13
Oskool_007
557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited December 2018
BFV is definitely a twitch shooter on PC due to how fast soldiers move. If you don't use a high mouse sensitivity you stand no chance tracking fast moving soldiers at close range.

Movement needs to be slowed down. It's just way too twitchy at close range. The fast player movement reminds me of Quake or Unreal Tournament.

Player movement has no weight to it. Players feel light as a feather in BFV and are able to accelerate from 0 to 100 instantly.

I don't know if it's the same way on consoles, but super fast player movement at close range is definitely another source of frustration that needs looking into.

Adding weight and inertia to player movement will also add immersion to the game. Making the gameplay feel better.

Comments

  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I play with low sensitivity. I cannot believe how fast the top sensitivity is on console. You literally swing the tank around in like .25 seconds lol. How can anybody even aim with those controls IDK. Slow sensitivity user here. I do well, but it's not easy without a squad that is for sure.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2024 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Oskool_007 wrote: »
    If you don't use a high mouse sensitivity you stand no chance tracking fast moving soldiers at close range.

    I agree that movement should be nerfed similarly to how it was done in BF1. Currently it's futile trying to play aggro scout with bolt actions, as making those headshots on moving targets is insanely difficult to a degree I don't even try. However, I disagree with the sensitivity point. I'm running a perhaps atypical low sensitivity of 60 cm/360 degrees, and after a few weeks I've gotten pretty good at tracking movement _accurately_. High sensitivity makes tracking require less effort, but it translated to lower accuracy except for people with superhuman motor control. The only encounters I have considerable difficulty (read: down to luck) are those inside 10 meters where the opponent if practically teleporting from side to side. Otherwise I feel I have a good hitrate on both automatics and semi-autos.

  • Oskool_007
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yup, I have no problem tracking targets at range, but once they get close range they're moving so fast it's like playing Quake.

    It's just insane how twitchy the game gets due to fast player movement at close range. Especially point blank range.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I thought it was just me watching those vids getting dizzy. We don''t go near as fast on console. That's probably why many folks who may be against these changes, and in fact many other matters, may come from PC where they can run to cover quicker, react quicker, higher frames etc etc.

    DICE really has to do things, based on the separate systems and not make uniform changes. And these folks at you tube, should really put out disclosures in that they're speaking about "PC", not at all consoles. Two different worlds.
  • Narfiam
    197 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    And what about jumping for avoiding shots? It's also ridiculous and "Quakish".
  • Huntinwabits
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Narfiam wrote: »
    And what about jumping for avoiding shots? It's also ridiculous and "Quakish".

    jumping came out WAY before Quake, Americas army where we invented that crap, then they nerfed it to only jumping 2 times and slowing you down. this is like 2003-2004. you prob wasn't even born then lol
  • Kunstula
    414 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Many players start complaining about soldiers moving 'sluggish' as soon as they start adding momentum so that movement looks like soldiers have actual weight, so DICE removes it.
    The problem is that when you couple this weightless movement model with a gun ballistics model that lags behind (too slow muzzle velocity) you get a lot of bullet dodging, both intentional as unintentional. I think this is a very bad design choice.
  • StingX71
    813 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I played CoD yesterday after not playing for a few months. It actually felt sluggish compared to BF, that's saying something. Was really nice playing CoD in HC though.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1088 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DICE, remove [this] because I can't do [that].
  • TEKNOCODE
    10790 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    StingX71 wrote: »
    I played CoD yesterday after not playing for a few months. It actually felt sluggish compared to BF, that's saying something. Was really nice playing CoD in HC though.

    I disagree. I jumped on bo4 on Friday night for a couple of games. I had to decrease my sensitivity and it still felt too twitchy compared to bfv.

    I remember going from bo4 to bfv and bfv felt sluggish.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    StingX71 wrote: »
    I played CoD yesterday after not playing for a few months. It actually felt sluggish compared to BF, that's saying something. Was really nice playing CoD in HC though.

    I disagree. I jumped on bo4 on Friday night for a couple of games. I had to decrease my sensitivity and it still felt too twitchy compared to bfv.

    I remember going from bo4 to bfv and bfv felt sluggish.

    Me as well. Went to COD WW2 and the thing was too wiggly sensitive. Again, on consoles. PC, can't speak for that.
  • StingX71
    813 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    StingX71 wrote: »
    I played CoD yesterday after not playing for a few months. It actually felt sluggish compared to BF, that's saying something. Was really nice playing CoD in HC though.

    I disagree. I jumped on bo4 on Friday night for a couple of games. I had to decrease my sensitivity and it still felt too twitchy compared to bfv.

    I remember going from bo4 to bfv and bfv felt sluggish.

    Hmmm, ADS, character movement, everything feels slower in BO4 now. Jumping up over and onto stuff feels much better in BO4 though.
  • DigitalContagion
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just another excuse players want "slower moving targets" because they can't kill them at various ranges. Speed is part of survival weather you think it's not. Tell me....how it is then players are able to reach 40-60 kills in matches currently if the player movement" is "too fast" on PC for them?

    Here's a little tip.....lead your target and yes you still can/need to lead targets at close range when you ADS. "ADAD" spam is another "survival" mechanic, I kill and get killed by that and it doesn't even phase me because I know it exists and it works.

    Bunny hopping exists, crouch sliding exists, full sprint to prone (semi-dolphin dive) exists in BFV. If you really want to inhibit base movement speed of the player, guess what, you'll enabling those mechanics more than movement speed. Just saying. Careful what you all are wishing for because if the reduction in movement speed is patched, a lot of players are going to rush to the forums and complain about the other "mechanics" I've mentioned in the game are being "abused".

    Since TTK 1.0 and TTK 2.0 are the meta changes for now, we need the current movement in place. So, you mean to tell me, you want "slower" soldier movement? You realize what this is going to do for TTK 1.0 players? LOL....the average player will "double" their kills in the game if solider movement is slowed down. If you slow down the overall solider movement, you will need to nerf the weapons and TTK. Who's going to enjoy a game where the solider movement is that of a sloth and get killed every nano second since they cannot run fast enough to take cover? Think about it....you're running, you start getting shot up, don't know where you're getting shot from, trying to "bunny hop", "running prone dive" or "crouch slide" to avoid being killed because the players are "too fast". You'll be DEAD before you can perform any of those movements to the fullest.

    I'm sorry, I'd rather have a chance to survive at the current movement speed of the soldier than act like I'm running in slow motion to appease "noobs" being able to kill someone. Congratulations, BFV was turned into Fortnite. That's what my theory is, players are wanting the speed movement that of Fortnite or CoD. You want those slower moving and clunky characters, go play CoD or Fortnite, it's not the place for to be in BFV. You all should be aware of that over the years BF had faster moving characters. Now it's a issue?

    Geez, anything else you want done for BFV? How about some chug jugs for armor or insane power ups? Mega health packs that increase your overall health to 200? Throwable shields with turrets? Or, super jump boots with a screw attack to climb mountains and snipe your foe's from the mountain top in Fjell and have "HEADSHOT" scream across the game? Would that be cool too? Stop with the CoD and Fortnite mentality, it's exhausting, this is Battlefield, not Super Smash Battlefield V Brothers. :D :D
  • dcs500
    1406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not so much speed being the problem, but the erratic movement, players just jerking left and right almost teleporting to different positions. Same as BF1, in fact every mistake made in BF1 had just been copied and pasted into BF5.
  • Aircool_212
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I totally agree. I'm always complaining about OP ADAD spam and jumping. To make matters worse, whatever 'bug' is causing all this one hit death nonsense appears to be part of a larger problem, which looks to me like a cost saving measure on server tick rates. There seems to be a small cone in front of your soldier which stretches, I dunno, maybe 20 metres, where things seem ok. However, beyond this range, you can see players teleporting short distances and aircraft look more like sprites from the early Wing Commander games. On PC this gets even worse because if you increase your FoV, it would appear that it doesn't increase the 'server update' azimuth, because you can now see outside of that cone, and anything outside of that cone most certainly does not receive fast updates from the server.

    Perhaps that's the root of the one hit to die problem. If tick rate changes outside the default FoV, then anything outside that default if you have increased you FoV isn't going to be updated at the same rate. The result of which would be why you're already getting shot at without any time to react when coming face to face with an enemy.

    I suppose I could test this wild theory by playing the game and reducing my FoV to default, but I'm not booting up this game again until I have the confidence (which I don't) that the major issues will be fixed vice fudged!
  • Seelenjager
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm all in for slower movement, not because I can't shoot, but rather for inmersion. Neither I want a Rising Storm or Squad movement speed; that's kinda annoying.
  • Hawxxeye
    5339 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    A nice example of how soldiers move too fast
  • Huntinwabits
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    A nice example of how soldiers move too fast
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3cr4TouZ6

    Maybe he shoulda fired
  • DigitalContagion
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    A nice example of how soldiers move too fast

    PLEASE don't tell me that was a "friend" helping you out trying to show off the ADAD spam "issue". If it wasn't, I counted at least 5-6 times where you could of 1HSK this dude.

    YOU had up to 4 full seconds in the clip to waste this player BEFORE they had eyes on you at 5 second mark.
    YOU had full situational awareness of this player BEFORE they noticed you due to your "cover".
    YOU didn't move.
    YOU didn't return fire.
    YOU died as a result.

    This issue isn't the ADAD spam in this video, clearly it was YOU, not them for using the "mechanic".

    If you want to post ADAD spam "issues", record yourself 1v1 with another player (not a friend) where ADAD is clearly the issue. IMHO, ADAD spam is one of the least mechanical issues (if you call it a issue) in the game beyond the plethora of other issues currently diminishing gameplay DICE needs to work on. Of course you could say "I'm defending" ADAD spam, you are not wrong, I do it, many others ADAD spam, it's part of the limited survival mechanics we have in BFV since TTK 1.0 shreds players 1-2HK and how is this "abuse"? ADAD spam is meant to "throw off" your target from constantly shooting at you. You expect every player to stand like a statue for "you" to shoot them and reward you in their death to gratify your k/d and golf clap afterwards? No.
Sign In or Register to comment.