Bring Back The Premium Pass - We need guaranteed maps and content

Comments

  • Art3misJinx
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can't believe we've actually come to the point where people are begging developers to bring back dlc packs and splitting communities.

    because it didn't. and why do ppl complain about season passes in bf,which is what premium is, actually its a multiple season pass compered to how it being done today in other franchise where it only good for one season. but yea lets spew things that have never been proven to be true.

    Season pass just means you get all dlcs. Has nothing to do with actual seasons.
    And yes it splits the community. Because you have 2 groups, 1 who can play all maps, and 1 who can play only the standard maps. So I don't know what you're trying to say with it has never been proven that it splits the community?

    because it hasent been proven, and still has not been proven, its just a theory.one that paved the way for live service non sense. i mean who cries about getting dlc cheaper in one package, as opposed to more for one separate dlc. seasons thing was making a point, but i guess it got missed.

    What are you talking about that it hasn't been proven? if I don't pay for the season pass or dlc packs, am I able to play the dlc maps? No I am not. So therefore, if you want to play the dlc maps, you can only play with other people who have bought them. Thus making 1 group who can play on both dlc maps and standard maps and 1 group who can only play on standard maps. 1+1 makes 2. So in other words you're splitting up the community in 2 groups.

    No one is crying about getting dlc cheaper. That's not the issue. The issue is splitting the community into people who can play all maps and people who can only play a limited map pool. Thus making a smaller playerbase for those who wants to play the dlc content that they paid for.

    Well you made a terrible example of proving your point then, with how you blabbered on about it being multiple seasons. I don't even know what point you were trying to make? That the battlefield season passes holds more content than season passes for other games? Or that content is released longer through the games life cycle? Okay so what? Some season passes are alright, some are bad and some are good. That's how it's always been. But that doesn't mean the idea of dlc packs are a good thing. It's fine in singleplayer games where you playing the game isn't reliant on other players. But in multiplayer games it's incredibly bad practice to release map packs as each new map pack limits the amount of players available. And no, don't give me that crap with "oh it's never been proven", because anyone with a brain bigger than a pea would realize that a map pack released 2 years after the games release isn't going to see as many purchases as a map pack released 1 month after release.
    Many game devs have realised how bad of a practice it is to release map packs and are now releasing new maps for free to everyone, and instead relying on other content to keep the flow of money going after the release of the game.

    Being worried that there's barely going to be any new content released during the games life cycle is a fair thing to be worried about. But begging devs to bring back map packs back is absolutely idiotic. Map packs were yesteryears lootboxes. People complained like crazy about how bad the insane amount of dlc packs that got released were. Now devs are finally listening and releasing game changing content for free to everyone. But then we have people like you who for some reason now wants them back? The only logical explanation to that is that you're either trolling us all or you started playing multiplayer games in the last 2-3 years or so.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Can't believe we've actually come to the point where people are begging developers to bring back dlc packs and splitting communities.

    because it didn't. and why do ppl complain about season passes in bf,which is what premium is, actually its a multiple season pass compered to how it being done today in other franchise where it only good for one season. but yea lets spew things that have never been proven to be true.

    Season pass just means you get all dlcs. Has nothing to do with actual seasons.
    And yes it splits the community. Because you have 2 groups, 1 who can play all maps, and 1 who can play only the standard maps. So I don't know what you're trying to say with it has never been proven that it splits the community?

    because it hasent been proven, and still has not been proven, its just a theory.one that paved the way for live service non sense. i mean who cries about getting dlc cheaper in one package, as opposed to more for one separate dlc. seasons thing was making a point, but i guess it got missed.

    How do you want it proven? I didn't take screens hots but since BF1942 I have had all the DLCs. Nothing quite like running around an empty Secret Weapons server.

    The best example I can think of was BF2 though with Special Ops. We had a ton of local servers running Vanilla. SO launches and we have a ton of vanilla servers and 2 or 3 SO servers that were under populated. Everyone was on Vanilla.

    Same thing with BF3.

    Same thing with BF4.

    Same thing with BF1.

    What exactly do you want as proof?
  • UnearthedCO
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can't believe we've actually come to the point where people are begging developers to bring back dlc packs and splitting communities.

    because it didn't. and why do ppl complain about season passes in bf,which is what premium is, actually its a multiple season pass compered to how it being done today in other franchise where it only good for one season. but yea lets spew things that have never been proven to be true.

    Season pass just means you get all dlcs. Has nothing to do with actual seasons.
    And yes it splits the community. Because you have 2 groups, 1 who can play all maps, and 1 who can play only the standard maps. So I don't know what you're trying to say with it has never been proven that it splits the community?

    I'd take a premium pass with guaranteed 16 maps over a live service where you only get 2 maps. Who cares about splitting a community. Those of us fans that won't more battlefield should be able to pay for it. This also helps revenues for DICE/EA.

    The live service mode is a flop. Look at Star Wars Battlefront 2 and let's look at BFV. We only have 1 DLC map and it's only playable on Conquest. That's poor.
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yep anybody that bought Star Wars knows this model is complete poop. The only people wishing for this are crazed socialists. It doesn't work, and it kills games faster than you can say BOMB.

    Honestly, I don't even think about BFV anymore, and I was addicted to BF1. This game just has few maps I actually care about, and with hardly anything in the future to look forward to it just becomes non-existent now that I have work and school again.
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My question is, if you don't like bfv why you even come to the bfv forum? 🤔

    My question is why you people waste your time asking these idiotic questions?
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Yeah sure am gonna throw some more money at this mess!
    Are you drunk?

    Not at this per se, but the message NEEDS to be sent. This model is abysmal.
  • xCRIMSONxGUARDx
    297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Kayback wrote: »
    Can't believe we've actually come to the point where people are begging developers to bring back dlc packs and splitting communities.

    because it didn't. and why do ppl complain about season passes in bf,which is what premium is, actually its a multiple season pass compered to how it being done today in other franchise where it only good for one season. but yea lets spew things that have never been proven to be true.

    Season pass just means you get all dlcs. Has nothing to do with actual seasons.
    And yes it splits the community. Because you have 2 groups, 1 who can play all maps, and 1 who can play only the standard maps. So I don't know what you're trying to say with it has never been proven that it splits the community?

    because it hasent been proven, and still has not been proven, its just a theory.one that paved the way for live service non sense. i mean who cries about getting dlc cheaper in one package, as opposed to more for one separate dlc. seasons thing was making a point, but i guess it got missed.

    How do you want it proven? I didn't take screens hots but since BF1942 I have had all the DLCs. Nothing quite like running around an empty Secret Weapons server.

    The best example I can think of was BF2 though with Special Ops. We had a ton of local servers running Vanilla. SO launches and we have a ton of vanilla servers and 2 or 3 SO servers that were under populated. Everyone was on Vanilla.

    Same thing with BF3.

    Same thing with BF4.

    Same thing with BF1.

    What exactly do you want as proof?

    i played all those games never had any problems finding matches with dlc. never not once. but yet ppl like you are trying to tell me it didn't happen., how is it i find games super easy and yall cant? why? and im talking about when each of these add ons were launched, not years later when ppl moved on to new bf games.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Kayback wrote: »
    Can't believe we've actually come to the point where people are begging developers to bring back dlc packs and splitting communities.

    because it didn't. and why do ppl complain about season passes in bf,which is what premium is, actually its a multiple season pass compered to how it being done today in other franchise where it only good for one season. but yea lets spew things that have never been proven to be true.

    Season pass just means you get all dlcs. Has nothing to do with actual seasons.
    And yes it splits the community. Because you have 2 groups, 1 who can play all maps, and 1 who can play only the standard maps. So I don't know what you're trying to say with it has never been proven that it splits the community?

    because it hasent been proven, and still has not been proven, its just a theory.one that paved the way for live service non sense. i mean who cries about getting dlc cheaper in one package, as opposed to more for one separate dlc. seasons thing was making a point, but i guess it got missed.

    How do you want it proven? I didn't take screens hots but since BF1942 I have had all the DLCs. Nothing quite like running around an empty Secret Weapons server.

    The best example I can think of was BF2 though with Special Ops. We had a ton of local servers running Vanilla. SO launches and we have a ton of vanilla servers and 2 or 3 SO servers that were under populated. Everyone was on Vanilla.

    Same thing with BF3.

    Same thing with BF4.

    Same thing with BF1.

    What exactly do you want as proof?

    i played all those games never had any problems finding matches with dlc. never not once. but yet ppl like you are trying to tell me it didn't happen., how is it i find games super easy and yall cant? why? and im talking about when each of these add ons were launched, not years later when ppl moved on to new bf games.

    Me too. It may have to do with where each of us live but I was playing those games on African, European and Asian servers and often, even right at launch, the DLC severs were fewer in number and less populated than the vanilla servers.

    BUT! That isn't even the point. Even if your claim is correct it still shows a division in the player base. Those with and those without the DLCs. If there was no splitting of the players they'd ALL be able to play together. And they aren't. They are split.
  • Art3misJinx
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can't believe we've actually come to the point where people are begging developers to bring back dlc packs and splitting communities.

    because it didn't. and why do ppl complain about season passes in bf,which is what premium is, actually its a multiple season pass compered to how it being done today in other franchise where it only good for one season. but yea lets spew things that have never been proven to be true.

    Season pass just means you get all dlcs. Has nothing to do with actual seasons.
    And yes it splits the community. Because you have 2 groups, 1 who can play all maps, and 1 who can play only the standard maps. So I don't know what you're trying to say with it has never been proven that it splits the community?

    I'd take a premium pass with guaranteed 16 maps over a live service where you only get 2 maps. Who cares about splitting a community. Those of us fans that won't more battlefield should be able to pay for it. This also helps revenues for DICE/EA.

    The live service mode is a flop. Look at Star Wars Battlefront 2 and let's look at BFV. We only have 1 DLC map and it's only playable on Conquest. That's poor.

    Don't blame the blame the low amount of post launch maps we get on the model they're using. Blame that on EA not putting enough resources on map making. Look at other games and you'll see them being able to keep their game alive just fine while still releasing new content free to everyone. The premium pass bs is dead and rightfully so. The real money maker is in premium currency and cosmetic items, not in premium passes. Even a company as money hungry and out of touch as EA has finally realized this. Imagine that guys, you're miles behind EA in terms of these things. Ea, the company that was deemed the worst company for many years not even a few years back. How does that make you feel?
    Kayback wrote: »
    Can't believe we've actually come to the point where people are begging developers to bring back dlc packs and splitting communities.

    because it didn't. and why do ppl complain about season passes in bf,which is what premium is, actually its a multiple season pass compered to how it being done today in other franchise where it only good for one season. but yea lets spew things that have never been proven to be true.

    Season pass just means you get all dlcs. Has nothing to do with actual seasons.
    And yes it splits the community. Because you have 2 groups, 1 who can play all maps, and 1 who can play only the standard maps. So I don't know what you're trying to say with it has never been proven that it splits the community?

    because it hasent been proven, and still has not been proven, its just a theory.one that paved the way for live service non sense. i mean who cries about getting dlc cheaper in one package, as opposed to more for one separate dlc. seasons thing was making a point, but i guess it got missed.

    How do you want it proven? I didn't take screens hots but since BF1942 I have had all the DLCs. Nothing quite like running around an empty Secret Weapons server.

    The best example I can think of was BF2 though with Special Ops. We had a ton of local servers running Vanilla. SO launches and we have a ton of vanilla servers and 2 or 3 SO servers that were under populated. Everyone was on Vanilla.

    Same thing with BF3.

    Same thing with BF4.

    Same thing with BF1.

    What exactly do you want as proof?

    i played all those games never had any problems finding matches with dlc. never not once. but yet ppl like you are trying to tell me it didn't happen., how is it i find games super easy and yall cant? why? and im talking about when each of these add ons were launched, not years later when ppl moved on to new bf games.

    Love how you ignored my comment when you realized you had nothing to say that would counter my points.
  • grrlpurple
    843 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I never saw a problem with player counts on premium dlc on the PS4. Sales numbers matter with a premium model.
  • xCRIMSONxGUARDx
    297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Can't believe we've actually come to the point where people are begging developers to bring back dlc packs and splitting communities.

    because it didn't. and why do ppl complain about season passes in bf,which is what premium is, actually its a multiple season pass compered to how it being done today in other franchise where it only good for one season. but yea lets spew things that have never been proven to be true.

    Season pass just means you get all dlcs. Has nothing to do with actual seasons.
    And yes it splits the community. Because you have 2 groups, 1 who can play all maps, and 1 who can play only the standard maps. So I don't know what you're trying to say with it has never been proven that it splits the community?

    I'd take a premium pass with guaranteed 16 maps over a live service where you only get 2 maps. Who cares about splitting a community. Those of us fans that won't more battlefield should be able to pay for it. This also helps revenues for DICE/EA.

    The live service mode is a flop. Look at Star Wars Battlefront 2 and let's look at BFV. We only have 1 DLC map and it's only playable on Conquest. That's poor.

    Don't blame the blame the low amount of post launch maps we get on the model they're using. Blame that on EA not putting enough resources on map making. Look at other games and you'll see them being able to keep their game alive just fine while still releasing new content free to everyone. The premium pass bs is dead and rightfully so. The real money maker is in premium currency and cosmetic items, not in premium passes. Even a company as money hungry and out of touch as EA has finally realized this. Imagine that guys, you're miles behind EA in terms of these things. Ea, the company that was deemed the worst company for many years not even a few years back. How does that make you feel?
    Kayback wrote: »
    Can't believe we've actually come to the point where people are begging developers to bring back dlc packs and splitting communities.

    because it didn't. and why do ppl complain about season passes in bf,which is what premium is, actually its a multiple season pass compered to how it being done today in other franchise where it only good for one season. but yea lets spew things that have never been proven to be true.

    Season pass just means you get all dlcs. Has nothing to do with actual seasons.
    And yes it splits the community. Because you have 2 groups, 1 who can play all maps, and 1 who can play only the standard maps. So I don't know what you're trying to say with it has never been proven that it splits the community?

    because it hasent been proven, and still has not been proven, its just a theory.one that paved the way for live service non sense. i mean who cries about getting dlc cheaper in one package, as opposed to more for one separate dlc. seasons thing was making a point, but i guess it got missed.

    How do you want it proven? I didn't take screens hots but since BF1942 I have had all the DLCs. Nothing quite like running around an empty Secret Weapons server.

    The best example I can think of was BF2 though with Special Ops. We had a ton of local servers running Vanilla. SO launches and we have a ton of vanilla servers and 2 or 3 SO servers that were under populated. Everyone was on Vanilla.

    Same thing with BF3.

    Same thing with BF4.

    Same thing with BF1.

    What exactly do you want as proof?

    i played all those games never had any problems finding matches with dlc. never not once. but yet ppl like you are trying to tell me it didn't happen., how is it i find games super easy and yall cant? why? and im talking about when each of these add ons were launched, not years later when ppl moved on to new bf games.

    Love how you ignored my comment when you realized you had nothing to say that would counter my points.

    no need to address ppl who make up lies. and who stick up and defend the corporate friendly mvp business model. which as of yet has had a successful game.
  • Art3misJinx
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can't believe we've actually come to the point where people are begging developers to bring back dlc packs and splitting communities.

    because it didn't. and why do ppl complain about season passes in bf,which is what premium is, actually its a multiple season pass compered to how it being done today in other franchise where it only good for one season. but yea lets spew things that have never been proven to be true.

    Season pass just means you get all dlcs. Has nothing to do with actual seasons.
    And yes it splits the community. Because you have 2 groups, 1 who can play all maps, and 1 who can play only the standard maps. So I don't know what you're trying to say with it has never been proven that it splits the community?

    I'd take a premium pass with guaranteed 16 maps over a live service where you only get 2 maps. Who cares about splitting a community. Those of us fans that won't more battlefield should be able to pay for it. This also helps revenues for DICE/EA.

    The live service mode is a flop. Look at Star Wars Battlefront 2 and let's look at BFV. We only have 1 DLC map and it's only playable on Conquest. That's poor.

    Don't blame the blame the low amount of post launch maps we get on the model they're using. Blame that on EA not putting enough resources on map making. Look at other games and you'll see them being able to keep their game alive just fine while still releasing new content free to everyone. The premium pass bs is dead and rightfully so. The real money maker is in premium currency and cosmetic items, not in premium passes. Even a company as money hungry and out of touch as EA has finally realized this. Imagine that guys, you're miles behind EA in terms of these things. Ea, the company that was deemed the worst company for many years not even a few years back. How does that make you feel?
    Kayback wrote: »
    Can't believe we've actually come to the point where people are begging developers to bring back dlc packs and splitting communities.

    because it didn't. and why do ppl complain about season passes in bf,which is what premium is, actually its a multiple season pass compered to how it being done today in other franchise where it only good for one season. but yea lets spew things that have never been proven to be true.

    Season pass just means you get all dlcs. Has nothing to do with actual seasons.
    And yes it splits the community. Because you have 2 groups, 1 who can play all maps, and 1 who can play only the standard maps. So I don't know what you're trying to say with it has never been proven that it splits the community?

    because it hasent been proven, and still has not been proven, its just a theory.one that paved the way for live service non sense. i mean who cries about getting dlc cheaper in one package, as opposed to more for one separate dlc. seasons thing was making a point, but i guess it got missed.

    How do you want it proven? I didn't take screens hots but since BF1942 I have had all the DLCs. Nothing quite like running around an empty Secret Weapons server.

    The best example I can think of was BF2 though with Special Ops. We had a ton of local servers running Vanilla. SO launches and we have a ton of vanilla servers and 2 or 3 SO servers that were under populated. Everyone was on Vanilla.

    Same thing with BF3.

    Same thing with BF4.

    Same thing with BF1.

    What exactly do you want as proof?

    i played all those games never had any problems finding matches with dlc. never not once. but yet ppl like you are trying to tell me it didn't happen., how is it i find games super easy and yall cant? why? and im talking about when each of these add ons were launched, not years later when ppl moved on to new bf games.

    Love how you ignored my comment when you realized you had nothing to say that would counter my points.

    no need to address ppl who make up lies. and who stick up and defend the corporate friendly mvp business model. which as of yet has had a successful game.

    What lies? I never lied. If you're so adamant that I lie then why don't you disprove me? Oh right, because you can't.
    Are you really that stupid that you are going to sit there and argue that dlc released a year after the games release is going to have the same amount of players as the base game? Come on man. I know you don't act like it, but I find it hard to believe that you're not smart enough to see that it doesn't make sense.

    You also seem to be confused about what most of us are saying here. We're not saying it's hard to find a game on dlc maps, because on popular games, such as battlefield, it usually isn't hard to find people to play with. But the problem we have with it, is that the player pool is severely limited if we want to play dlc maps. Lets say 100k players bought the base game, and another 5k also bought the dlc maps. So if we want to play dlc maps, the player base is effectively only 5k. Do you see the problem here?
    In the early days of the games life cycle there might not be a problem finding matches on dlc maps, but that quickly changes as time goes on. It wouldn't be such a problem if everyone had the maps. And when you add different gamemodes to the equation, it just makes them die out so much faster.
    It's even starting to look bad in battlefield v, I've often had trouble finding matches on specific maps on specific game modes if I'm searching outside of peak player time in my region.
    Hell, some games are even early in their life cycle and still has problems finding dlc map lobbies. Like black ops 4, season pass holders and non season pass holders gets matched together, the only way for a dlc map to get played, is if everyone in the lobby has the season pass, which never happens. So everyone who bought that season pass pretty much wasted their money. And it's only been around 6 months since that game released.

    Releasing content for free not only gives people more worth for their money, but it also keeps the game alive longer. As not everyone will be interested in having to shell out money regularly to get new content in the game, they'd rather spend their money on new games. So having a steady stream of new content, be it maps, weapons, vehicles, or whatever, will keep the player base alive for longer.

    There has been many successful games that doesn't have season passes or paid dlc and regularly releases content for free. Such as Team Fortress 2, Dota 2, Overwatch, csgo just to name a few. Most of which has made insane amount of money on cosmetic microtransactions. So saying no game has every been successful by releasing content for free is absolutely insane.
  • trip1ex
    5284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We don't need guaranteed maps. We need good maps.
  • Art3misJinx
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    We don't need guaranteed maps. We need good maps.

    Agree, but people seems to prefer any kind of **** maps over good maps.
  • azelenkin0306
    565 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    We don't need guaranteed maps. We need good maps.

    Agree, but people seems to prefer any kind of **** maps over good maps.

    If the map is good or not - it’s purely subjective stuff. Also some maps shine in one mode, but awful in other modes.

    For example, Suez from BF1. Awful map for Conquest, but one of the best maps in Frontlines, TDM and Operations

    Browse also BFV threads about Panzerstorm and you will see how polar the opinions about specific map can be
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If the next Battlefield is this live service BS which DICE fail at I won't be buying it, also if it's anything like BFV focusing mainly on infantry gameplay and vehicles being a second thought that's another reason I won't be buying it.
  • xCRIMSONxGUARDx
    297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Can't believe we've actually come to the point where people are begging developers to bring back dlc packs and splitting communities.

    because it didn't. and why do ppl complain about season passes in bf,which is what premium is, actually its a multiple season pass compered to how it being done today in other franchise where it only good for one season. but yea lets spew things that have never been proven to be true.

    Season pass just means you get all dlcs. Has nothing to do with actual seasons.
    And yes it splits the community. Because you have 2 groups, 1 who can play all maps, and 1 who can play only the standard maps. So I don't know what you're trying to say with it has never been proven that it splits the community?

    I'd take a premium pass with guaranteed 16 maps over a live service where you only get 2 maps. Who cares about splitting a community. Those of us fans that won't more battlefield should be able to pay for it. This also helps revenues for DICE/EA.

    The live service mode is a flop. Look at Star Wars Battlefront 2 and let's look at BFV. We only have 1 DLC map and it's only playable on Conquest. That's poor.

    Don't blame the blame the low amount of post launch maps we get on the model they're using. Blame that on EA not putting enough resources on map making. Look at other games and you'll see them being able to keep their game alive just fine while still releasing new content free to everyone. The premium pass bs is dead and rightfully so. The real money maker is in premium currency and cosmetic items, not in premium passes. Even a company as money hungry and out of touch as EA has finally realized this. Imagine that guys, you're miles behind EA in terms of these things. Ea, the company that was deemed the worst company for many years not even a few years back. How does that make you feel?
    Kayback wrote: »
    Can't believe we've actually come to the point where people are begging developers to bring back dlc packs and splitting communities.

    because it didn't. and why do ppl complain about season passes in bf,which is what premium is, actually its a multiple season pass compered to how it being done today in other franchise where it only good for one season. but yea lets spew things that have never been proven to be true.

    Season pass just means you get all dlcs. Has nothing to do with actual seasons.
    And yes it splits the community. Because you have 2 groups, 1 who can play all maps, and 1 who can play only the standard maps. So I don't know what you're trying to say with it has never been proven that it splits the community?

    because it hasent been proven, and still has not been proven, its just a theory.one that paved the way for live service non sense. i mean who cries about getting dlc cheaper in one package, as opposed to more for one separate dlc. seasons thing was making a point, but i guess it got missed.

    How do you want it proven? I didn't take screens hots but since BF1942 I have had all the DLCs. Nothing quite like running around an empty Secret Weapons server.

    The best example I can think of was BF2 though with Special Ops. We had a ton of local servers running Vanilla. SO launches and we have a ton of vanilla servers and 2 or 3 SO servers that were under populated. Everyone was on Vanilla.

    Same thing with BF3.

    Same thing with BF4.

    Same thing with BF1.

    What exactly do you want as proof?

    i played all those games never had any problems finding matches with dlc. never not once. but yet ppl like you are trying to tell me it didn't happen., how is it i find games super easy and yall cant? why? and im talking about when each of these add ons were launched, not years later when ppl moved on to new bf games.

    Love how you ignored my comment when you realized you had nothing to say that would counter my points.

    no need to address ppl who make up lies. and who stick up and defend the corporate friendly mvp business model. which as of yet has had a successful game.

    What lies? I never lied. If you're so adamant that I lie then why don't you disprove me? Oh right, because you can't.
    Are you really that stupid that you are going to sit there and argue that dlc released a year after the games release is going to have the same amount of players as the base game? Come on man. I know you don't act like it, but I find it hard to believe that you're not smart enough to see that it doesn't make sense.

    You also seem to be confused about what most of us are saying here. We're not saying it's hard to find a game on dlc maps, because on popular games, such as battlefield, it usually isn't hard to find people to play with. But the problem we have with it, is that the player pool is severely limited if we want to play dlc maps. Lets say 100k players bought the base game, and another 5k also bought the dlc maps. So if we want to play dlc maps, the player base is effectively only 5k. Do you see the problem here?
    In the early days of the games life cycle there might not be a problem finding matches on dlc maps, but that quickly changes as time goes on. It wouldn't be such a problem if everyone had the maps. And when you add different gamemodes to the equation, it just makes them die out so much faster.
    It's even starting to look bad in battlefield v, I've often had trouble finding matches on specific maps on specific game modes if I'm searching outside of peak player time in my region.
    Hell, some games are even early in their life cycle and still has problems finding dlc map lobbies. Like black ops 4, season pass holders and non season pass holders gets matched together, the only way for a dlc map to get played, is if everyone in the lobby has the season pass, which never happens. So everyone who bought that season pass pretty much wasted their money. And it's only been around 6 months since that game released.

    Releasing content for free not only gives people more worth for their money, but it also keeps the game alive longer. As not everyone will be interested in having to shell out money regularly to get new content in the game, they'd rather spend their money on new games. So having a steady stream of new content, be it maps, weapons, vehicles, or whatever, will keep the player base alive for longer.

    There has been many successful games that doesn't have season passes or paid dlc and regularly releases content for free. Such as Team Fortress 2, Dota 2, Overwatch, csgo just to name a few. Most of which has made insane amount of money on cosmetic microtransactions. So saying no game has every been successful by releasing content for free is absolutely insane.
    keep spinning, its entertaining. you hate premium so much, but one click on your profile and you can see you bought it. do you even play battlefield 5? bad maps good maps is all subjective. you even call ppl who buy premium a one time payment for 2 years whales. 60$ over 730 days yea that whaling huh.
  • ColesFlexili
    179 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    nice try EA...
  • onylra_II
    76 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    We don't need guaranteed maps. We need good maps.

    Agree, but people seems to prefer any kind of **** maps over good maps.

    Quality over quantity. The reason 'Premium' DLC was pretty much DOA is that most of it sucked, and nobody wants to sit a 6-map rotation for one banger. As previous titles matured, the most popular rental servers (RIP?) tended to be the single-map 24/7 ones (Metro/Caspian; Locker/Golmud), belying the idea that more = better. Better = more.

    I'm still not 'bored' of the limited vanilla selection in BC2, ten years later - because they're good maps and the gameplay's tight. The last DICE DLC I purchased (despite putting many hours into all their titles) was Vietnam for BC2, because it offered a more novel experience akin to the total conversion mods of yesteryear. 'Premium' wasn't worth it, because even though they were obliged to ship 'content', that didn't mean it was going to be any good. And they basically asked you to pay double, sweetening the deal with OP DLC exclusive weapons. Ten people paying $2 for novelty items makes more money than 2 people paying $5 for 'DLC'.

    As I see it, the 'Live Service' has a distinct advantage in that it incentivizes the adding of new factions, weapons and vehicles - because the more stuff you've got create skins for, the larger your catalogue of potential merchandise; and nobody is forced to opt-in if they don't want, and can still play the game they purchased for a reasonable sum already. Yeah, I'll drop some pocket-change for a unique vehicle camo - I won't buy a subscription fee for a vague promise of new stuff, which usually turns-out to be crap anyway. They got your money, suckers, they're not obliged to do anything other than go through the motions. It's the most foolish consumer practice ever - don't pre-purchase! But with a Live Service they need to 'sell' you content on, keep you on board, so have a greater incentive for excellence. Whether they achieve that or not is a different story - Panzerstorm is a legit banger in the best traditions of the series, and if Greece/Crete is just as good (not to mention Firestorm), then I'll give them kudos. It's up in the air, but jeez, it's way too soon to judge.
  • xCRIMSONxGUARDx
    297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    onylra_II wrote: »
    trip1ex wrote: »
    We don't need guaranteed maps. We need good maps.

    Agree, but people seems to prefer any kind of **** maps over good maps.

    Quality over quantity. The reason 'Premium' DLC was pretty much DOA is that most of it sucked, and nobody wants to sit a 6-map rotation for one banger. As previous titles matured, the most popular rental servers (RIP?) tended to be the single-map 24/7 ones (Metro/Caspian; Locker/Golmud), belying the idea that more = better. Better = more.

    I'm still not 'bored' of the limited vanilla selection in BC2, ten years later - because they're good maps and the gameplay's tight. The last DICE DLC I purchased (despite putting many hours into all their titles) was Vietnam for BC2, because it offered a more novel experience akin to the total conversion mods of yesteryear. 'Premium' wasn't worth it, because even though they were obliged to ship 'content', that didn't mean it was going to be any good. And they basically asked you to pay double, sweetening the deal with OP DLC exclusive weapons. Ten people paying $2 for novelty items makes more money than 2 people paying $5 for 'DLC'.

    As I see it, the 'Live Service' has a distinct advantage in that it incentivizes the adding of new factions, weapons and vehicles - because the more stuff you've got create skins for, the larger your catalogue of potential merchandise; and nobody is forced to opt-in if they don't want, and can still play the game they purchased for a reasonable sum already. Yeah, I'll drop some pocket-change for a unique vehicle camo - I won't buy a subscription fee for a vague promise of new stuff, which usually turns-out to be crap anyway. They got your money, suckers, they're not obliged to do anything other than go through the motions. It's the most foolish consumer practice ever - don't pre-purchase! But with a Live Service they need to 'sell' you content on, keep you on board, so have a greater incentive for excellence. Whether they achieve that or not is a different story - Panzerstorm is a legit banger in the best traditions of the series, and if Greece/Crete is just as good (not to mention Firestorm), then I'll give them kudos. It's up in the air, but jeez, it's way too soon to judge.

    new account lol, i don't think ppl understand the difference between m.v.p with live service vs live service. ea and dice elected to go with m.v.p model of live service ,not a true live service. also like to add ppl who don't actually play these games or buy it, shouldn't get to comment on it, like other game sites and retail. ea is not too low to have employees come here and make bot accounts to comment and push there narrative. which is to be for the MVP live service model , not premium or actual live service.
This discussion has been closed.