Bring Back The Premium Pass - We need guaranteed maps and content

Comments

• onylra_II
    76 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    new account lol, i don't think ppl understand the difference between m.v.p with live service vs live service. ea and dice elected to go with m.v.p model of live service ,not a true live service. also like to add ppl who don't actually play these games or buy it, shouldn't get to comment on it, like other game sites and retail. ea is not too low to have employees come here and make bot accounts to comment and push there narrative. which is to be for the MVP live service model , not premium or actual live service.

My account got stolen. That's right - I bought this game twice (but still, screw you and Origin, EA - I never wanted it, and still don't). I'll comment on whatever I please, and will let readers judge my words - one of us is making an argument addressing the issue, the other is offering semi-literate conspiracy theories. I'll let others decide which is which. Anybody who has BF3 or BF4 can see the truth of my words - log in, see what people are still playing. Don't take my word for it!

And for what it's worth, I have no interest in whether you stay or go - go back to BF1/whatever you prefer; don't let the door hit you in the behind on the way out!
  • Anadunae
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Others will not pay $50 for extra content..
  • xCRIMSONxGUARDx
    297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    onylra_II wrote: »
    new account lol, i don't think ppl understand the difference between m.v.p with live service vs live service. ea and dice elected to go with m.v.p model of live service ,not a true live service. also like to add ppl who don't actually play these games or buy it, shouldn't get to comment on it, like other game sites and retail. ea is not too low to have employees come here and make bot accounts to comment and push there narrative. which is to be for the MVP live service model , not premium or actual live service.

My account got stolen. That's right - I bought this game twice (but still, screw you and Origin, EA - I never wanted it, and still don't). I'll comment on whatever I please, and will let readers judge my words - one of us is making an argument addressing the issue, the other is offering semi-literate conspiracy theories. I'll let others decide which is which. Anybody who has BF3 or BF4 can see the truth of my words - log in, see what people are still playing. Don't take my word for it!

And for what it's worth, I have no interest in whether you stay or go - go back to BF1/whatever you prefer; don't let the door hit you in the behind on the way out!
    you offered nothing but blatant bs, and on top that you want ppl to believe you bs sob story. gtfo. you cant even represent my point of view correctly. not to mention your bs of post that was nothing but pro mvp live service rhetoric. this is not a live service its a mvp variant. which you already know.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can't believe we've actually come to the point where people are begging developers to bring back dlc packs and splitting communities.

Paid DLC resulted in BF4 going from ten maps to thirty-three over two years, is there any chance BFV will have even half that many maps? Paid DLC resulted in better games with more content, more frequent patches, even more free DLC (BF4 got three free maps towards the end of its development). "Splitting the community" was always an unfunny joke, nobody I played with was restricted to just the vanilla maps because they were all smart enough to have Premium, and every server in my favorites list ran maps from the DLC and those servers stayed populated. Those stubborn enough to refuse to buy Premium even though it tripled the size of the game have only themselves to blame for not being able to play all the maps. But just to keep everyone happy, let's ask them to make BF6 a hundred dollars with a guarantee of twenty new maps over two years, no Premium needed. There, the community isn't split, everyone should be happy, right?

Everything has to be paid for, companies don't give away "free" content, the cost has been covered somehow or they don't do it. BFV has no paid DLC and so far no skin sales, so guess what, the additional content is tiny compared to BF4 as is the rate at which repairs are being done. It's a simple question: which model produced a better game: paid DLC, or Live Service? Not a difficult question to answer, is it.
  • xCRIMSONxGUARDx
    297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Can't believe we've actually come to the point where people are begging developers to bring back dlc packs and splitting communities.

Paid DLC resulted in BF4 going from ten maps to thirty-three over two years, is there any chance BFV will have even half that many maps? Paid DLC resulted in better games with more content, more frequent patches, even more free DLC (BF4 got three free maps towards the end of its development). "Splitting the community" was always an unfunny joke, nobody I played with was restricted to just the vanilla maps because they were all smart enough to have Premium, and every server in my favorites list ran maps from the DLC and those servers stayed populated. Those stubborn enough to refuse to buy Premium even though it tripled the size of the game have only themselves to blame for not being able to play all the maps. But just to keep everyone happy, let's ask them to make BF6 a hundred dollars with a guarantee of twenty new maps over two years, no Premium needed. There, the community isn't split, everyone should be happy, right?

Everything has to be paid for, companies don't give away "free" content, the cost has been covered somehow or they don't do it. BFV has no paid DLC and so far no skin sales, so guess what, the additional content is tiny compared to BF4 as is the rate at which repairs are being done. It's a simple question: which model produced a better game: paid DLC, or Live Service? Not a difficult question to answer, is it.

ask them to provide hard facts with sources to there claims and see what rhetoric that gets you, lol
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    reggiew wrote: »
    I would love new maps etc but Ive played since bf3 and I already hated it that if I hadn't played the game for a year or more I suddenly had to spend 30 euro or whatever to get all the updates. Felt like a ripoff to me. So I never did and then moved on again to other games. For those that play the same game for very long sure its a nice idea to have a premium pass. For those that play lots of other games its not a good idea at all to suddenly have to cough up 30 euro or whatever more while you already paid 60 euro for the game.

It felt like a ripoff to spend money on additional content? DICE worked on it, they can't just make that for free. You can still play and enjoy the base game just fine and all of the patches are free so you'll have all the bug fixes and all that. Only thing you can' t use are the new maps and some new guns. If you want new content, it makes sense to purchase it.

It's interesting because a lot of the complaints about Premium conflict with each other. For example this one above conflicts with all of the posts about how you can't find DLC servers because everybody plays Vanilla...and yet this complaint is that all you have access to is Vanilla. I get it, if you don't want to spend the money for whatever reason that's fine and I won't give you any trouble for that. But the reality is we get more content with the paid pass, so that's why a lot of us prefer that method.

I never had trouble finding populated BF4 servers running DLC maps, and a few of those maps were among the best in that game IMO. A player in Australia said here that wasn't the case in his country--okay, I believe him, but that has no relevance for me because I had many busy servers to chose from.

It comes down to one issue: which business model produces a better game (at least from EA), paid DLC, or Live Service? EA clearly hasn't figured out how to do Live Service well, so I would be quite happy if BFV had been a paid DLC/Premium game and we already had fourteen maps with nineteen more on the way, because that's how it was in BF4.
  • onylra_II
    76 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    you offered nothing but blatant bs, and on top that you want ppl to believe you bs sob story. gtfo. you cant even represent my point of view correctly. not to mention your bs of post that was nothing but pro mvp live service rhetoric. this is not a live service its a mvp variant. which you already know.

I wasn't even talking to you. I don't know you, and I couldn't care less about you - except that you seem to be making it your mission to insult me, and belittle my legitimate opinions warranted by my purchase and play of this game. I also don't care about your odd equivocation about an 'MVP' live service - what are you even on about? You can believe my 'bs sob story', or don't - no skin off my balls bud. It's true. Onylra been kicking it for a long time now - longer than this series been on your beloved console. Hell yeah I'm pushing pro Live Service rhetoric - imagine that, I get to enjoy the fruits of continued development on a game I pay for, rather than being forced to shell-out. It's not that I can't afford it (pocket money baby), but it's that I refuse to accept such obnoxious anti-consumer practices. No exceptions - I've given-up a lot of games that use this model which I actually really enjoyed (both Destinys, BF3/4, etc). I actually am beginning to feel that my stand actually made some tiny difference, actually.

Would an EA shill call you a fool for pre-purchasing content? Because I did that. They love when bunnies like you do that, free money - is this not the most basic common sense? Would an EA shill call the majority of their 'Premium' content mostly "crap"? Because I did that too. I pity you a bit, to be honest - your world must be a scary place.
    I never had trouble finding populated BF4 servers running DLC maps, and a few of those maps were among the best in that game IMO. A player in Australia said here that wasn't the case in his country--okay, I believe him, but that has no relevance for me because I had many busy servers to chose from.

That's not the point - whether or not you CAN find a game; it's about what's more popular - vanilla maps, or DLC maps? The fact is, that after many years, the most popular rental servers (RIP?) run vanilla rotations, or in fact, just single maps. The community doesn't need variety, it needs and demands QUALITY - above all else, and that's what keeps people coming back many years later.

You guys want another shill opinion? I'd rather they went back and refined the existing maps to be the best they can be before they add any half-**** new maps, since we're stuck with them (whether you like them or not - I have mixed opinions). Also, Arras is top 3 all-time BF maps! Nyuk.
  • parkingbrake

That's not the point - whether or not you CAN find a game; it's about what's more popular - vanilla maps, or DLC maps? The fact is, that after many years, the most popular rental servers (RIP?) run vanilla rotations, or in fact, just single maps. The community doesn't need variety, it needs and demands QUALITY - above all else, and that's what keeps people coming back many years later.
    One map/mode that was still running long after BF3 had faded to a shadow of it's former glory was Noshahr Canals TDM--according to a lot of folks here the exact opposite of what "real BF" is about as it's a small map with no objectives and no vehicles. Something similar happened in BF4, you could find populated Operation Locker TDM servers long after other maps had disappeared. So are you sure you want to use post-development popularity as a guide to what players want? Variety is also a key ingredient in BF's success--big maps, small maps, infantry-only, hardcore, custom rules, vehicle-heavy, aircraft, choppers, boats--surely that variety has been a big part of this game's success. Everybody could find something they liked in BF, but it takes variety to make that happen.

Of course once a game's player base is small enough it makes sense that the maps available to the greatest number of players would be the ones surviving servers tend to use. But that doesn't change the fact that DLC servers were populated when the game was the hot ticket, it would be silly to pretend otherwise.
  • xCRIMSONxGUARDx
    edited March 2019

I wasn't even talking to you. I don't know you, and I couldn't care less about you - except that you seem to be making it your mission to insult me, and belittle my legitimate opinions warranted by my purchase and play of this game. I also don't care about your odd equivocation about an 'MVP' live service - what are you even on about? You can believe my 'bs sob story', or don't - no skin off my balls bud. It's true. Onylra been kicking it for a long time now - longer than this series been on your beloved console. Hell yeah I'm pushing pro Live Service rhetoric - imagine that, I get to enjoy the fruits of continued development on a game I pay for, rather than being forced to shell-out. It's not that I can't afford it (pocket money baby), but it's that I refuse to accept such obnoxious anti-consumer practices. No exceptions - I've given-up a lot of games that use this model which I actually really enjoyed (both Destinys, BF3/4, etc). I actually am beginning to feel that my stand actually made some tiny difference, actually.

Would an EA shill call you a fool for pre-purchasing content? Because I did that. They love when bunnies like you do that, free money - is this not the most basic common sense? Would an EA shill call the majority of their 'Premium' content mostly "crap"? Because I did that too. I pity you a bit, to be honest - your world must be a scary place.
  • xCRIMSONxGUARDx

a bot account for ea can say whatever it wants,just like on any other no verified purchased sites who have forums.which you would know if you really played destiny like you claimed. that's why on amazon and retail you have to be a verified purchaser to comment. you keep making this about live service, instead of mvp with live service to which ea does to there games see mass effect and starwars battlefront 2. premium vs live service is not even a thing yet. when we are mvp(minimal viable product) with a live service instead. as far the rest of your fantasy, takes some meds old man. there now i actually insulted you to make you happy. wtf are you talking about console anyways? what old man? bc i do both pc and console, been here sense 2002, and not going anywhere anytime soon, and i know how to use browser settings to find games that y'all claim didn't exist with yalls argument to premium. and if your not a bot i apologize for that statement, but i don't know you nor based off how you are want to, so why should i give the benefit of doubt to a random new account. but like i said i apologize if i am wrong. IF.
  • filthmcnasty
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree. This "trickle" of content is a far cry from the awesome dropping of a new dlc, even if it is free.
  • DocCuda418
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    On BF4 its not like you can find any of the 30+ maps full and waiting for you to play but its not that hard to play all the DLC maps. Favorite the servers going through all the maps. Just today I found a 64 player Rush all maps. It was full, it was a little much but still fun.

Its a lot easier to find a game you really like in BF4, thats for sure.

• ackers75
    2652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Throwing more money at the game is not the answer!
    All your gonna get is more maps plagued with the same bugs
  • esturias_88
    135 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You want to throw exra money at a game so that it finally meets the standards?
    That kind of attitude is the very reason why the whole gaming market is that rundown...
  • xCRIMSONxGUARDx
    edited March 2019
    You want to throw exra money at a game so that it finally meets the standards?
    That kind of attitude is the very reason why the whole gaming market is that rundown...

not sure why you guys keep repeating that bogus line, it's to late for premium for bfv, ppl are talking about the next battlefield having it again, not a game that's already out. i totally get if your against premium now or in the future, but at least don't try to imply things no one is saying. at least not from what ive seen. beside ea mvp live service has not even started yet and wont until firestorm. then a couple of months into that, we will see this live service has to offer,,, 4 month's after the game launched. the gaming market is actually in a run down because of the mvp live service model. ppl only like live service when it actually is a live service ready to go game with lots of content at launch. not this new variant of live service that starts later after launching a mvp(minimum viable product).
  • esturias_88
    not sure why you guys keep repeating that bogus line, it's to late for premium for bfv, ppl are talking about the next battlefield having it again, not a game that's already out.
    That's not immediately obvious when reading the first posts. But it's the same for a new game - that kind of payment model just sucks and people are stupid when they throw more and more money at the devs and publishers and then whine about having less and less content and unfinished games.
    Back in the old days, they sold maybe 1 million copies of a game. Now it's what? 10 millions? 15? That should be enough to ensure a finished product on the market and a basic support with content. If that is the case, we can talk about possible "donations" for more stuff.
  • xCRIMSONxGUARDx
    not sure why you guys keep repeating that bogus line, it's to late for premium for bfv, ppl are talking about the next battlefield having it again, not a game that's already out.
    That's not immediately obvious when reading the first posts. But it's the same for a new game - that kind of payment model just sucks and people are stupid when they throw more and more money at the devs and publishers and then whine about having less and less content and unfinished games.
    Back in the old days, they sold maybe 1 million copies of a game. Now it's what? 10 millions? 15? That should be enough to ensure a finished product on the market and a basic support with content. If that is the case, we can talk about possible "donations" for more stuff.

yea ok,are you claiming that bfv sold more then bf3,4,1? which were premium model? im trying to follow you hear ,but maybe i just misunderstood what your saying.
  • esturias_88
    yea ok,are you claiming that bfv sold more then bf3,4,1? which were premium model? im trying to follow you hear ,but maybe i just misunderstood what your saying.
    I was talking about today's games in general and that one should expect them to be finished when released and that there should be content in the pipeline for quite some time WITHOUT people being forced to pay for that kind of basic service.
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We will simply never see new maps in such a scale as we did with premium. That is fact, bf5 will never get 12-16 new maps. We will be lucky if we get 4-5. Look at Titanfall 2 or Battlefront 2....on single hand you can count how much they got without premium/season passes. Bf5 will be same.

And i have no problems paying for maps, those are most important things for me in mp shooter. Cosmetics, camos, skins i dont care, those will not keep me playing the game for 1-2 years as i played every BF since BF3. I work, earn money and i have no issues to pay for additional content which has value for me - maps. Cosmetics dont.

But now i cant, we are no longer split, we are all together with pretty much nothing on the way....for who is this win? Devs dont get additional finances, players wont get additional maps and will stop playing the game much faster, or you think cosmetics will keep you playing for 2 years?
  • grrlpurple
    843 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Premium pass was the better content delivery service, by far.
This discussion has been closed.