Bring Back The Premium Pass - We need guaranteed maps and content

Comments

• StormSaxon
    642 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Premium was the way to go, no question about that. They could tweak that a little, since there are concerns that it divides the player base. My suggestion is lets bring Premium Pass back, but make the Premium content free for everyone lets say after 6 months. DLC drops, Premium owners get to play it for 6 months, and after that it's free for everyone. 

That would bring some life back to the DLC maps, and increase the longevity, because lets be honest, usually after that time the DLC maps start to lose players interest. This way everyone would be happy. We would get the good amount of quality content that we want, and the so called divided player base would only be a temporary thing. If this was the model, I wouldn't even hesitate to pay that extra 50€ for Premium Pass.

Except that who will pay extra for something they KNOW is going to be free six months later. 75% at least I’d guess would say “Eff it. I’ll wait til it’s free”. The few who pay will be annoyed... “did we just pay another 15-60 dollars/pounds/euros for nothing. Your going to have to give them an incentive... appeal to the elitist/snob and give them maps that only they get, or weapons only premium can use...
    possibly skins? But does anyone care enough to shell out premium price for a different skin... doubt it. Extra health so premium guys are tougher to kill? You’ll end up reducing your player base there as those that can’t afford it get screwed competitively.

Guns and maps are what sell the premium.

Then your back to square one... premium guaranteed content that splits the player base, unless you give it away free which pisses off the shmucks who pay early and then defeats the object of premium.. raising money for more content.

Live service means less important content on a drip feed, and pointless fluff content like facepaint, caps, faces that few wanted..

What they SHOULD do is charge less than premium but more than normal price up front, for everyone, so the content is garaunteed, we all share the cost and we all get it.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Premium was the way to go, no question about that. They could tweak that a little, since there are concerns that it divides the player base. My suggestion is lets bring Premium Pass back, but make the Premium content free for everyone lets say after 6 months. DLC drops, Premium owners get to play it for 6 months, and after that it's free for everyone. 

That would bring some life back to the DLC maps, and increase the longevity, because lets be honest, usually after that time the DLC maps start to lose players interest. This way everyone would be happy. We would get the good amount of quality content that we want, and the so called divided player base would only be a temporary thing. If this was the model, I wouldn't even hesitate to pay that extra 50€ for Premium Pass.

No the way to go is to release a solid effort core game.

Why are people so eager to accept a sub par core game and then fork out extra money to get decent maps?
  • full951
    2455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'd prefer no pass or premium. just charge 80 to 100 USD out the gate and DELIVER the content day one. and they can still do xp boost and catch up unlocks and unlock skins for Boins with out grind.... and not a ridiculous grind to force doing so.
  • DingoKillr
    3507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    People will pay for content if it is the right type. Instead of maps and modes what if it was vehicle, guns and skins.

Like if a DLC was Airborne you got paratroop skins from different factions, weapons and vehicles used by airborne troops or even special call in like supply drop having welibike.

There is still nothing stoppping a live service delivery similar things as seprate items months after a DLC drops.

This way it is your choice to pay up front now, pay per item months(3) later or grind it out doing assignments/tasks after months(6).  
  • Hawxxeye
    5340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am no fan of premium cause it ended up introducing a lot of maps that in BF1 especially became empty wastelands.
    I had been wanting to play Heligoland Bight and I could not find a single server with enough people to start it.
  • SirBobdk
    4013 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How can you have premium or DLC and not split the community?

It's already splittet with 3 platforms, firestorm and many game types. But most of all from all the players who have left game.

• Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 5
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    It's already splittet with 3 platforms, firestorm and many game types. But most of all from all the players who have left game.

Just because it's already split doesn't mean it should be split more.
  • SirBobdk
    4013 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks said:

True.  But Live service don't deliver much, and premium or DLC did.

I would prefer Premium/Dlc as things look right now with live service, I don't have much confidence in future development.
    We can end up with a very small split playerbase instead of a big split playerbase.

• Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 5
    True.  But Live service don't deliver much, and premium or DLC did. I would prefer Premium/Dlc as things look right now with live service, I don't have much confidence in future development.We can end up with a very small split playerbase instead of a big split playerbase.

I prefer premium over what we have now, but that doesn't mean a live service is bad imo. It's just really bad when EA DICE does it apparently.

You can't have a good live service without funding. The massive delay on premium currency being added to the game has completely crippled the live service in this game.
  • SirBobdk
    Sixclicks said:
    True.  But Live service don't deliver much, and premium or DLC did. I would prefer Premium/Dlc as things look right now with live service, I don't have much confidence in future development.We can end up with a very small split playerbase instead of a big split playerbase.

I prefer premium over what we have now, but that doesn't mean a live service is bad imo. It's just really bad when EA DICE does it apparently.

You can't have a good live service without funding. The massive delay on premium currency being added to the game has completely crippled the live service in this game.
    Live service is the best way to keep the community together and would also be my choice if it delivers the same as DLC.
    Unfortunately, DICE have managed to make every mistake possible. Hopefully, it's not too late for premium currency. I would even spend some money if it meant more development, but I can't see this happen and it's also probably too late.

• RayVonUK
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Im said to say but there are lots of people willing to pay for more maps that will never ever spend one penny on **** boins or even anything aesthtic.

Add some actual **** content if you want to make more money, its that easy.
  • HuwJarz
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    I am no fan of premium cause it ended up introducing a lot of maps that in BF1 especially became empty wastelands.
    I had been wanting to play Heligoland Bight and I could not find a single server with enough people to start it.
    Erm.......played about 4 games on Heligoland Blight today alone. One of the most common map vote son MIXED servers. Mixed servers are still populated (at least in conquest) in EU and US. 

I want some one to explain to me how Premium splits teh community and is bad, but having Firestorm doesn't split the community into core game and F/S and is somehow a better model..... 
  • DingoKillr
    3507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    How can you have premium or DLC and not split the community?

I put that forward pushing people to think outside the box. The point is either you split more or contents like DLC maps and modes make player feel like they wasted money if noone plays.

Thus why I later posted 
    DingoKillr said:
    People will pay for content if it is the right type. Instead of maps and modes what if it was vehicle, guns and skins.

Like if a DLC was Airborne you got paratroop skins from different factions, weapons and vehicles used by airborne troops or even special call in like supply drop having welibike.

There is still nothing stoppping a live service delivery similar things as seprate items months after a DLC drops.

This way it is your choice to pay up front now, pay per item months(3) later or grind it out doing assignments/tasks after months(6).  
    Yet most still persist with idea of premium or DLC maps 
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »

Pretty much this.

Until they introduce cross platform there is nothing that can be done about splitting the game over platforms. It happens.

However splitting that player base even further is not a good player experience, no matter how good of a business model it is. I have purchased every DLC/Expansion/Premium since BF1942. Some may say I'm a slow learner but since I've struggled to unlock weapon in BF2 Special Forces and since been alone on DLC maps, seen local servers run DLC for a month maybe then switch back to vanilla, yeah none of those expenses were worth it.

Heck even some members of my own clan didn't buy various DLCs throughout the years.

Personally I think cosmetics are the wrong way to go, but I'm not a Fortnite Barbie playing player. I can't even remember the last time I change the look of my toons in BFV. But here is the kicker, EA I wouldn't buy Premium for BFV in its current state. I won't be buying Boins for skins or even Elites.

I've installed BF4 and BF1 again. I don't see myself playing BFV again until the Pacific Theater is released. Even then....
  • Major_Pungspark
    1422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks said:

Not having the comsetics and stuff ready at launch, that kind of tells us how crap things are going for them
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    787 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don’t know if I should feel pity or disdain for the posters here who think there is some universe in which EA/DICE “does live service well.”

Its a fantasy and you’re deluding yourselves. The reason we tried to warn you against live service is that we have many years of experience with this company. And our warnings were 100% spot on with this nightmare.

But sure, keep telling yourselves that next time they’ll get it right. Its what they want you to think. Their model is milking hope and money out of rubes, and you people are obviously happy to oblige.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1450 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Premium got you new maps.  But also segregated the community.  Also the premium members cried that the rest of us cheapskates didn't buy premium for BF1.  Then DICE gave me the premium for free.  hahahaahahha  Even though I only played 10 hours on the new maps.  50 hours on the old maps.  Most of them hours on Argonne forest.  At this point.  I prefer not to buy premium or any DLC.  That money can go to a totally new game that might be better in the first place.
  • BeastofBourbon84
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    Premium got you new maps.  But also segregated the community.  Also the premium members cried that the rest of us cheapskates didn't buy premium for BF1.  Then DICE gave me the premium for free.  hahahaahahha  Even though I only played 10 hours on the new maps.  50 hours on the old maps.  Most of them hours on Argonne forest.  At this point.  I prefer not to buy premium or any DLC.  That money can go to a totally new game that might be better in the first place.

Pro tip - never buy anything, you'll save even more!

Players with 60hours on the clock don't matter to the community anyway cause they're gone after the first 3 weeks no matter how much content is released.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1450 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »

Pro tip - never buy anything, you'll save even more!

Players with 60hours on the clock don't matter to the community anyway cause they're gone after the first 3 weeks no matter how much content is released.
    Bad Company 2 had no premium.  Was the best console battlefield.  Yeah eventually had the NAM and Onslaught modes as DLC.  Which I bought both.  Cause the game was very deserving.  BF3 I bought premium first day it was available.  Was very lame to wait for all the maps.  Like I said before and will again.  I didn't play steady throughout that game either.  I preferred many other games then.
      I only felt obligated to come back to BF3 cause I paid for the premium and had rent a servers and was clan leader.  BF4 I didn't get day 1 cause I didn't have the money for XBOX1 yet.  Had to use the money I saved up to fix my car.  Got XBOX1 and BF4 that March.  Got the disc for like $10 or $15 on Amazon.  Eventually got premium that Black Friday for $25.  I guess I missed out on the the buggy months BF4 had at the beginning. 
    BF1 I wasn't crazy over reason I only had like 60 hours total.  Hardline I didn't pay for premium either.  The map packs became free every other month on XBOX deals with gold.  Shame the entire community didn't click those cause I sure loved Hardline.
    Bad Company 1 had no premium.
    1943 well was a tiny arcade game more less but still was fun.
    BF2MC had no premium and that was a classic for some.  Shame EA killed off the servers.
  • BeastofBourbon84
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's fine man everyone can spend their money as they wish.
    I just don't think bf v will ever generate enough money through skins to keep up a steady flow of maps.
    The current situation kinda proves this already.

I would have spent money on premium and got my money's worth in the past but i sure as hell won't spend a single cent on elites not to mention weapon skins.

Oh well it is what it is.
This discussion has been closed.