Weekly Debrief

This Week in Battlefield V - December 17

danmotoxx
144 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
edited December 2018
dvg1pt5s7x421.jpg

Welcome to the December 17th edition of This Week in Battlefield V!

Let’s first kick off the week with the biggest news… Battlefield V’s original TTK values are coming back as we revert the latest TTK changes, reduce the need for a “Conquest Core” playlist, and not moving forward with a new “Core” playlist, as detailed in the latest Letter to the Community.

Outside of that, this week we finish up Chapter 1: Overture’s second in-game weekly mission as we pave way for the start of the Week 3 Mission that focuses on dealing mechanized damage by use of Vehicles and Classes. The third weekly mission will unlock the Selbstlader 1906 self-loading rifle, if all requirements are met.

wmb2d73x7x421.png
Unlock the Selbstlader 1906 self-loading rifle in this week’s in-game mission!

As always, timing on these items can always shift, but we want to give you a glimpse into what we have planned so you can tune in as each beat goes live.

ghzt9rlz7x421.png
The third in-game Weekly Mission during Chapter 1: Overture goes live on Thursday at 00:00 UTC!

This Week in Battlefield V

Monday, December 17th
  • Last Chance – Chapter 1: Overture 2nd Weekly Mission: Squadplay & Reinforcements – You have until Thursday, December 20th at 00:00 UTC to complete the first weekly mission in order to unlock the Axis Ratburner Helmet.
  • LIVE NOW Article – This Week in Battlefield V – The rundown of various news beats in a concise communication roadmap. This is the article you’re reading now!
  • LIVE NOW Article – Battlefield V’s Known Issues List Update (Reddit & Forums) – As we track known issues internally and acknowledge major issues brought to our attention we’ll keep our Known Issues list updated frequently.

Tuesday, December 18th

Wednesday, December 19th
  • AMAA – Reddit AMAA on Anything Battlefield V at 10a PT / 1p ET / 7p CET – Before we go on holiday break, we wanted to celebrate Battlefield V with the community and answer almost any outstanding question you may have for us.

Thursday, December 20th
  • Launch – Chapter 1: Overture, Week 3 Mission Goes Live – At 00:00 UTC, the week 3 mission goes live. Here’s the requirements to unlock the Selbstlader 1906 self-loading rifle:
    • First Leg
      • Fragile Structures: Deal 200 damage to vehicles.
    • Second Leg (complete one of the following)
      • AT Infantry: Deal 200 damage to vehicles using Assault equipment.
      • Air Superiority: Deal 500 damage in an airplane.
      • Bird Hunt: Deal 100 damage to airplanes.
    • Third Leg (complete the next progressive requirement based on Second Leg)
      • Trouble Ahead: Spot five enemy vehicles using Recon equipment.
      • Vehicular Dominance: Capture one objective in a vehicle.
    • Fourth Leg (complete the next progressive requirement based on Third Leg)
      • Frontier Maintenance: Repair 100 vehicle damage as Support.
      • Single Sight: Kill an enemy from at least 50 meters while in a vehicle.
    • Fifth Leg (interchangeable, your pick)
      • Perfect Placement: Damage a vehicle with an Anti-Tank Mine.
      • Armoured Might: As a squad, call in a Reinforcement vehicle.
      • (Optional) Road Rage: Get one road kill.
    • Final Leg
      • Mechanized Brawl: Destroy one tank.
  • Blog – Airlifts Are On Their Way – We apologize for the delay on this article as we prioritized TTK change reverts. We hope to detail on Thursday what Airlifts are, what to expect, how to get them, what’s in them, and how many you get.
  • Livestream – Battlefield Weekly Hosted from EA UK – Join the EA UK Community Team as they stream the latest and greatest from Battlefield V, live on http://twitch.tv/battlefield

Friday, December 21st
  • Article – Battlefield V Weekly Debrief - Your one-stop destination for all the blogs, videos, and major news that happened in the week, with a comprehensive Q&A with our DICE developers using feedback collected from the Battlefield Twitter, Reddit, Discord, and Forums.

Thank you for being a part of the Battlefield V community!

Edits:

- Two blogs went live on Tuesday so we updated the above with direct links to them.
- The Airlifts details blog has now been published with a direct link above.
- The Visual Customization blog is now delayed until after the holidays as we lock down copy and assets with our teams. Thanks for the patience.
- Added start time for the Reddit AMAA.
Post edited by danmotoxx on

Comments

• Beat_Mangler80
    512 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I see so many people leaving and abandoning the franchise in all these hardcore threads for a lack of hardcore mode (these people are mostly veterans who have been very insulted already), and you guys can't even so much as mention it? Disgusting. Totally over it.
  • Beat_Mangler80
    Sou1__0062 wrote: »
    Great and super. What about fixing the lvl 50 coin bug ?! its already 1 month
    Maybe if they don't mention it, the problem will go away.
  • Beat_Mangler80
    Hardcore mode and rentable servers, still no word at all and these guys are off for the holidays.
    Veterans deserve nothing, while kiddies can reshape the game. This is a big joke and I am disgusted.
    I will have the last laugh at your next launch.
  • Sou1__0062
    161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sou1__0062 wrote: »
    Great and super. What about fixing the lvl 50 coin bug ?! its already 1 month
    Maybe if they don't mention it, the problem will go away.

I dont think so its so hard to fix this :) 4-5 days after 9 november lunch people hit 50 lvl and start making topic on forum about this problem so its already around 1 month. Look how many thinks they fixed improved changed TTK tomorrow TTK is back nerfed airplanes to be almost useless weapon balance etc. I dont think so company coin on 50 lvl is bug. EA pushed dice to much for premiere and 50 lvl company coin system wasn't even thinked and done. Its not possible to be that hard to fix this "bug" for over 1 month and it wont be fixed long and long time i guess
  • Sou1__0062
    161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Also goddammit make people able to choose special mission for skins in game ! not only in menu its anoying as hell... I like doing mission for skins but before gold skins its possible to do one missionf or skin in one round they i need to leave server pick new one and join eh
  • Kami
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Headshots should be instant kill with all weapons. It's nonsense when you have to shoot guy 3x in head with pistol to take him down. Please Dice, headshot = instant kill always, in every game
  • Beat_Mangler80
    You put hardcore players to the side for too long, you could have at least spoken to us.
    Stick it up **** ******* ***.
  • M15TER105
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Bring more guns to play with, the game is very poor from this point of view. In the Second World War, each country's weaponry industry began to develop and there were many more weapons. It would be nice to enter the Russian rocket launcher Katjusha
  • Smes0n
    66 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thank you <3
  • Beat_Mangler80
    Never a f. Word about hardcore mode, veteran players are forced to play this water guns war.

Plus the many other differences hardcore mode has, it's a completely different experience and just because we upgrade to the new version of the game we are forced to stop playing it? So very frustrating and insulting.
    To still say nothing about it after over a dozen threads full of people threatening to leave and showing their dissatisfaction with the exclusions just does it for me.
    I absolutely love the game, but the people behind it have lost all of my respect. This release was an abomination. People are no longer cool with their tradition of buggy, unfinished, beta state releases and they are going to know all about it next time they try it.
    I do like to think humanity is better than this current 'profit for few' system, where greed rules and destroys - and in this case people like 'passionate programmers' could be pushed to the top to call the shots and make the big decisions, and the greedy business men who only want to maximize profits can take their out of touch ideas and stick them. Shame on you for selling out.
  • EA_Alexander
    542 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    M15TER105 wrote: »
    Bring more guns to play with, the game is very poor from this point of view. In the Second World War, each country's weaponry industry began to develop and there were many more weapons. It would be nice to enter the Russian rocket launcher Katjusha

You might be disappointed with the current gun/vehicle selection, but we're only at the begging of Tides of War. More gear will drop as Battlefield V journey continues.
  • SLAYER_Of_PIGS
    685 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Never a f. Word about hardcore mode, veteran players are forced to play this water guns war.

Plus the many other differences hardcore mode has, it's a completely different experience and just because we upgrade to the new version of the game we are forced to stop playing it? So very frustrating and insulting.
    To still say nothing about it after over a dozen threads full of people threatening to leave and showing their dissatisfaction with the exclusions just does it for me.
    I absolutely love the game, but the people behind it have lost all of my respect. This release was an abomination. People are no longer cool with their tradition of buggy, unfinished, beta state releases and they are going to know all about it next time they try it.
    I do like to think humanity is better than this current 'profit for few' system, where greed rules and destroys - and in this case people like 'passionate programmers' could be pushed to the top to call the shots and make the big decisions, and the greedy business men who only want to maximize profits can take their out of touch ideas and stick them. Shame on you for selling out.

Well said bro
  • S0ckenSchuss
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think its more important to fix major bugs.

I ofte have an issue, that when i spawn, my teammates (and some enemys are just grey, texture free-models like toy soldiers (unable to move their arms and legs) and just slide over the map.

Or when I spawn i dont have a weapon. I just have an infinity sign at ammo section of HUD and no primary weapon. switch to pistol gives me no crosshair and it cant be fired. press "2" again the crosshair appears and i can fire pistol. mines and other stuff on keys 3 and 4 also most time are not available when this bug appears. Onehit kill with knife from behind an enemy also doesnt work

Solution: leave game and change server. it doesnt stop by itself once it happens
    (sometimes I was able to pick up an enemy weapon from the ground. when this was succesful, i finally had a functional primary weapon! (i even could change back to the dropped one of me, and it still works. but that couldnt be final solution))

• Panzerkeks85
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Any news regarding Company Coin???