Kicked by Punkbuster (MULTIHACK) #74004

Pnoce4ua2
22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
been playing for a couple of months, Looking at my stats, no one would ever accuse me of hacking as I SUCK! So I don't know what triggered this bs event.

I un installed bf4, i re installed it, I went to the pb file a& b in fire wall, & visa versa did all that still nothing, appealed the ban.

found somewhere that it might be a Plug in? that needs to be installed?

-pnoce4au2

Comments

• Pnoce4ua2
    Last week I did start using Nvidia's ShadowPlay  & I was recording my game play most of Saturday (The last I was able to play)  Would shadowplay do it?

Can someone, who simply wants to be a jerk, report you to punkbuster  or can a server admin do it?   

What is a multihack?  It can't possibly have anything to do with the actual in game settings that bf4 allows player to adjust,   

I had tried to join a server a few times after I got the ban, does trying to re-join the server after being banned do anything?

I am waiting now for punkbuster to respond, do they send an email or just respond on their site via the ticket? How do you get back to the ticket page if you didn't save a copy of the link?
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    855 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited December 2018
    A reply to the ticket can take up to two weeks. You added your mail while creating the ticket, it will be sent to that adress so will updates to the ticket.
    PB is automated, you can not report anyone nor can server owners.
    PB acts on programs added to their blacklist. If you have an idea what program causes your kicks add that info to your ticket. Look for software changes in the past two weeks. Also be sure your account was not compromised. Most commonly used programs like antiviruses, recording software and drivers are all tested.
    Only official PB site is Evenbalance.com. GGC, PBBans, BF4DB and ACI are 3rd parties who log violation kicks. If you were not on a server with those plugins while receiving the kick it will not be logged there.
  • Machette1963
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Pnoce4ua2 wrote: »
    Last week I did start using Nvidia's ShadowPlay  & I was recording my game play most of Saturday (The last I was able to play)  Would shadowplay do it?

Can someone, who simply wants to be a jerk, report you to punkbuster  or can a server admin do it?   

What is a multihack?  It can't possibly have anything to do with the actual in game settings that bf4 allows player to adjust,   

I had tried to join a server a few times after I got the ban, does trying to re-join the server after being banned do anything?

I am waiting now for punkbuster to respond, do they send an email or just respond on their site via the ticket? How do you get back to the ticket page if you didn't save a copy of the link?

Hi,

Sounds like the same thing I got couple days ago and they are taking their sweet time at evenbalance.

Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'Machette1963' (for 2 minutes) ... Violation (MULTIHACK) #74005

Been using bf3 from around 2012, 3000 hrs. + all of a sudden I am multihack hacker, ffs.

I just found another post that is identical in nature to what has happened to you and me at the same date, very suspicious.

I think something is starting to stink here.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1394506#Comment_1394506
  • Pnoce4ua2
    I went to Pbbans as well , they and a few other sites are happy to post the news for all to see that I was banned & they have some hoops jumping process to appeal the ban with them. I notice they don't have a section listing the names of the players that were cleared of all wrong doing. They do beg openly on their site for money though. I made a similar post over there which they drop into a private restricted area so the public can't see all the people who are complaining. I told the guy how I had gone to the BBB & made a complaint against Evenbalance & that I plan to do the same with them for listing my name for all to see before knowing any of the facts. I also mentioned the pending class action lawsuit about bans like this. He quickly banned me from posting with no comment.
  • Machette1963
    Maybe this is a way to, A: Generate income by forcing you to buy new license, or B: Make the game obsolete?
  • Machette1963
    Click on the game you have and look at the right side, take a look at this.

http://www.evenbalance.com/games.php
  • Sk1lld
    466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just a FYI. pbbans has nothing to do with EvenBalance "Punkbuster", so you are wasting your time posting there. Only EvenBalance can fix your issue. The more places you post your ban the more 3rd party ban sites will see you are banned and add you to their streaming database. The more places you wont be able to play!

If EvenBalance denies your petition you are done, EA cannot reverse the ban.
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    855 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited December 2018
    Sk1lld wrote: »
    Just a FYI. pbbans has nothing to do with EvenBalance "Punkbuster", so you are wasting your time posting there. Only EvenBalance can fix your issue. The more places you post your ban the more 3rd party ban sites will see you are banned and add you to their streaming database. The more places you wont be able to play!

This. Furthermore are legal threats useless as bans from PB, FF or EA are not breaking any rules or regulations.
  • Machette1963

This. Furthermore are legal threats useless as bans from PB, FF or EA are not breaking any rules or regulations.

None of wut you said was of any use to us, tanks.
  • Machette1963

• Il-Scavenger-lI

photo-511840730-5565d1ae.gif
  • Machette1963

photo-511840730-5565d1ae.gif

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.......................................................................
  • Machette1963
    I went to Pbbans as well , they and a few other sites are happy to post the news for all to see that I was banned & they have some hoops jumping process to appeal the ban with them. I notice they don't have a section listing the names of the players that were cleared of all wrong doing. They do beg openly on their site for money though. I made a similar post over there which they drop into a private restricted area so the public can't see all the people who are complaining. I told the guy how I had gone to the BBB & made a complaint against Evenbalance & that I plan to do the same with them for listing my name for all to see before knowing any of the facts. I also mentioned the pending class action lawsuit about bans like this. He quickly banned me from posting with no comment.

I found this useful resource, written by a useful human being, link below:

https://carbonic.dk/punkbusterguide/#bans
  • LOLGotYerTags
    11691 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

No, Shadowplay would not do it.

Shadowplay is one such program in Punkbusters whitelist filter, Also other screen capturing applications are also on the whitelist ( Fraps / MSI afterburner / OBS Project ) and so on.

No, Pbbans is a third party streaming website and an additional layer to punkbuster.

It is not possible for a server admin to initiate a pbban and add you to the streaming banlist either, It is entirely automated and works in tandem with punkbuster which scans memory addresses for known file signatures of cheats / hack software.

What is a multihack?
    It is software that does a magnitude of things, Such as ESP / No Recoil / Aimbot / Triggerbot / Punkbuster screenshot tampering to prevent detection.

It can't possibly have anything to do with the actual in game settings that bf4 allows player to adjust 
    No, Settings that are put there by developers are not going to trigger any kind of violation at all.
    Nope, Your ban status will not change, If you are seeing the message "banned for 2 minutes", That 2 minute ban will repeat over and over until the violation has been lifted ( if it is lifted at all ).

You will receive an email from Evenbalance telling you of their decision.

It is highly likely you may get a response saying that they do not find the ban to be in error, I hope you gave as much information as you possibly could as this will help your case tremendously and will assist in the event that your PB violation was a false positive, However I find this to be unlikely.
  • Pnoce4ua2
    edited December 2018
    Why do you think they won't overturn it? They have no evidence or proof of any wrong doing. Will they provide a reason? or supporting proof? or to save face & not admit that they made yet another error in banning a person for absolutely no reason just brush it off?

What do I do then? Can I just make a new account using the game I have now or do I need to buy the game all over? Can I use the same PC? same ip?

• LOLGotYerTags
    11691 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited December 2018
    Why do you think they won't overturn it?
    Mostly because in the HUGE majority of cases where users claimed it was a false positive, Evenbalance themselves have said that they do not find the ban to be in error.

I'm not saying this will be the case for you, But from my own experiences with seeing threads of this nature, It usually is not a happy ending.
    They have no evidence or proof of any wrong doing.
    Actually, Their system will have the proof required ( time and date your GUID was playing, What server you were on, What software and drivers are loaded, system info such as motherboard / cpu / GPU ) and so on.
    Will they provide a reason? or supporting proof?
    This is unlikely, If your account indeed has been flagged by Punkbuster and it has entered the system, They are not going to disclose what software caused the ban.

One such reason for this is that you could be a cheater ( note I said COULD, Not that you are ), And telling you what program/process triggered the anticheat would mean you couldn't second guess what is causing the ban, meaning a large number of cheats and version numbers could be responsible, This is what I suspect would make things particularly difficult if the responsible software cannot be tracked down so easily.

or to save face & not admit that they made yet another error in banning a person for absolutely no reason just brush it off?
    There have been false positives in the past and yes they do unban accounts that were unfairly suspended.
    What do I do then?
    You can wait for the appeal process to complete, But be braced for bad news, I wouldn't like to get your hopes up and have them be crushed further down the line when they do eventually contact you after investigating your account.
    Can I just make a new account using the game I have now or do I need to buy the game all over?
    When you create a new account, You would have to buy the game all over and start from 0, Games are not transferable across accounts.
    Can I use the same PC?
    This all depends if you have also been hardware banned, If this is the case, You will need to buy/build a new computer which will have a different combination of hardware ID's.
    same ip?

Probably not, You may be banned via a linked IP address.
  • Pnoce4ua2
    OK, That's ridiculous! I am not buying a new pc to play bf4. Why on earth would they ban hardware? Are you just yanking my chain? What hardware could they ban? That can not be a thing. I was re-watching the game via Shadow Play & the server had a message about being protected by ggc.stream.net What's that? I tried to re join ( I recorded it) & it gave a ban notice before booting me with a code 285de637.

How can I tell if I am ip banned or hardware banned?
  • LOLGotYerTags
    Hardware bans can and do occur ( it is a preventative measure to ensure known cheaters do not continue to ruin other peoples gameplay experiences )

Hardware that can be banned is as follows :

Motherboard / CPU / GPU / SSD.

You will not know if you are hardware or ip banned until you try to play a game on a new account.

GGC-Stream is also a third party streaming banlist ( similar to PBBans ) and is yet another additional layer of anticheat on top of the usual Punkbuster.

The code you were given is a shortened variation of your GUID.

You need to enter this if you wish to appeal your ban at GGC : https://www.ggc-stream.net/tisy/ticket/write-banappeal
  • Pnoce4ua2
    Also- Regarding this comment,

"Actually, Their system will have the proof required ( time and date your GUID was playing, What server you were on, What software and drivers are loaded, system info such as motherboard / cpu / GPU ) and so on."

Well then I am in the clear! My account will be reinstated! Why? I wasn't cheating, hacking & I have never researched, tried to download or use any kind of cheat/hack process/ software of any kind on any level. with any game of any type.

So by default, if they uphold the ban it is to merely to save face.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    If they uphold the ban, It is because they have something which proves otherwise.

They're not at liberty to enforce a ban if you're innocent.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!