Kicked by Punkbuster (MULTIHACK) #74004

Comments

• Machette1963
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    p3k_trZnic wrote: »
    I'm also having this multihack problem and i never cheated. This realy sucks

I hear/feel your pain.
  • Machette1963
    If they uphold the ban, It is because they have something which proves otherwise.

They're not at liberty to enforce a ban if you're innocent.

There's no directive for them to lift an erroneous ban either; no-one's going to take them to court over a BF3/4 ban and it appears they're not mandated to give a reason or provide justification anyway. I submitted a ticket 2 weeks ago regarding the ban message #74005, chased up a week ago and have had no response thus far.
    EA fobbed me off saying it's an EB matter and so did PBBans.

The player seems to have very little statutory power in this situation.

Well said.
  • Skelbor
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited December 2018
    not good
  • martyboy182
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited December 2018
    Just wanted to mention here that I'm another one banned for "MULTIHACK 74004" even though I've never ever hacked in my life :( I've sent an appeal but I'm not too hopeful.

Looking at PBBans for bans on Dec 25th, there's a [removed] of 74004 bans given that day. Something's definitely off.
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited December 2018
    Just wanted to mention here that I'm another one banned for "MULTIHACK 74004" even though I've never ever hacked in my life :( I've sent an appeal but I'm not too hopeful.

Looking at PBBans for bans on Dec 25th, there's a [removed] of 74004 bans given that day. Something's definitely off.

In your case you might wanna check out why your account moved across the globe a few times.. Starting in the Czech Republic, then to Russia then to Canada. If that wasn't you, well...
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • martyboy182
    Czech Republic to Canada was me but Russia in between? What the hell? Where can I see that?
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited December 2018
    Czech Republic to Canada was me but Russia in between? What the hell? Where can I see that?

I can see the join history of servers that are using a PB streaming plugin. But to officially confirm if your account got compromised you need to contact EA support. Also be sure you have 2FA enabled.
  • martyboy182

I can see the join history of servers that are using a PB streaming plugin. But to officially confirm if your account got compromised you need to contact EA support. Also be sure you have 2FA enabled.

Would confirming that my account got compromised help anything wrt the ban though? Otherwise I might not bother as I'll probably need a new account anyway. But I'm definitely turning 2FA on right now.

Also, just out of curiosity, when was the connection from Russia? Is it recent or long time ago?
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    edited December 2018

Would confirming that my account got compromised help anything wrt the ban though? Otherwise I might not bother as I'll probably need a new account anyway. But I'm definitely turning 2FA on right now.

Also, just out of curiosity, when was the connection from Russia? Is it recent or long time ago?

From what I can see there were 3 joins, between two months and two weeks ago. I can not look at the specific dates atm as I am on my phone and the site I use to check scales pretty bad..
    The tool I use is not official so if you want to hear from EA themselves if there were odd logins you should ask them. Furthermore are joins something else then actual logins. I can only see when an account enters a server.
    Also are those 3 logged joins only from servers that were using the PB streaming plugin (3rd party Anti-Cheat services). There could be more joins on servers that were not using it.
  • martyboy182
    Thanks! That's very....concerning.
    Furthermore are joins something else then actual logins. I can only see when an account enters a server.

Presumably you still need to log in first before joining a server though, right? Or are they now able to steal logged in sessions too?

Also to double check, if I do get EA to confirm my account was compromised, it makes no difference to the ban I'm guessing?
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    edited December 2018
    Thanks! That's very....concerning.
    Furthermore are joins something else then actual logins. I can only see when an account enters a server.

Presumably you still need to log in first before joining a server though, right? Or are they now able to steal logged in sessions too?

Also to double check, if I do get EA to confirm my account was compromised, it makes no difference to the ban I'm guessing?

Technically you need to login on Origin before you access a server, yes. And there can not be two sessions at the same time. But actual logins on Origin are more reliable to track. EA has much more data then this tool I use.
    At the end it is unlikely that this info will help in getting the ban removed unfortunately. But I had to mention it in order to keep people informed about this violation and to inform about the importance of 2FA.
    Besides 2FA on your Origin you might also wanna change passes on your other accounts, especially mail. Just to be sure.
  • martyboy182
    Thanks a lot, that's very helpful to know.

Funnily enough, I did change my Origin password about two months ago to 12 random generated characters...so many questions.
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    Thanks a lot, that's very helpful to know.

Funnily enough, I did change my Origin password about two months ago to 12 random generated characters...so many questions.

A common cause is phishing. Has been rampant since the release of BFV.
  • Pnoce4ua2
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited December 2018
    Il-Scavenger-lI wrote

"In your case you might wanna check out why your account moved across the globe a few times.. Starting in the Czech Republic, then to Russia then to Canada. If that wasn't you, well..."

You can see all that? Can you see anything like that in my case? I still have not heard from punkbuster about anything.
  • Frogtooth
    570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Friend got his account hacked a couple days before Christmas. We noticed "him" playing, yet he was supposedly in Hawaii on vacation, and who in their right mind would be playing BF4 on vacation in Hawaii? Plus... he rarely plays, anyway. Did some checking and yep, he was playing from Algeria. We messaged him and when he got back he reclaimed his account. He says he had 2FA enabled, yet when he got on and checked it had been disabled. Perhaps he just doesn't remember disabling it, but seems like that is the sorta thing you'd remember. He has NO idea how he got compromised. But the Algerian was kind enough to not cheat while using it, so not harm done.
    And yes, Punkbuster issues false bans. A lot these days. And they are arrogant about it. There are all manner of thoughts on why this is going on, but how do you make a company listen when they have absolutely no incentive to do so (and perhaps even significant negative incentive not to)? Why do they care if they are issuing false bans? EA can't prove it and leave it totally up to EB to determine. And if EB suddenly admits "yeah, every ban we've issued in the last 6 months is potentially bogus" and unwinds them all, DICE could reasonably ask "tell us again why we have this contract with you?"
    EA/DICE have no idea how much damage this is doing to 'em.
  • Solar_Aapheex
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Same over here. Played 24/7 and everything was fine, then one day i got banned from every server due the Multihack. Totally BS.
  • Machette1963
    Personally, I think this is evenbalance exploit, cause I am on two-step with my cell phone, never got the text, so it is by-passed by exploit.

This hack/exploit inst on my end, I am 100% sure of that.
  • Machette1963
    Too bad we can't find a way to see how many have been banned, via this method, and start a movement.
  • Machette1963
    Guys and gals check out this post, that I recently book marked.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/158331/still-sick-and-tired
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    edited December 2018
    Pnoce4ua2 wrote: »
    Il-Scavenger-lI wrote

"In your case you might wanna check out why your account moved across the globe a few times.. Starting in the Czech Republic, then to Russia then to Canada. If that wasn't you, well..."

You can see all that? Can you see anything like that in my case? I still have not heard from punkbuster about anything.
    I can not find any odd joins on your GUID. But again, I can only see joins on servers that were using a PB streaming plugin.
    Frogtooth wrote: »
    Friend got his account hacked a couple days before Christmas. We noticed "him" playing, yet he was supposedly in Hawaii on vacation, and who in their right mind would be playing BF4 on vacation in Hawaii? Plus... he rarely plays, anyway. Did some checking and yep, he was playing from Algeria. We messaged him and when he got back he reclaimed his account. He says he had 2FA enabled, yet when he got on and checked it had been disabled. Perhaps he just doesn't remember disabling it, but seems like that is the sorta thing you'd remember. He has NO idea how he got compromised. But the Algerian was kind enough to not cheat while using it, so not harm done.
    Personally, I think this is evenbalance exploit, cause I am on two-step with my cell phone, never got the text, so it is by-passed by exploit.

This hack/exploit inst on my end, I am 100% sure of that.

Mind that you can not disable verification by mail (which is odd imo). If your mail is compromised and they used that to get the verification message, you won't receive a SMS afaik. Just listing all options here so the most common issues can be ruled out.
    One question to those affected: where did you get the game key? From an official boxed game, the Origin store or from G2A or similar services?
This discussion has been closed.