Kicked by Punkbuster (MULTIHACK) #74004

Comments

• martyboy182
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Too bad we can't find a way to see how many have been banned, via this method, and start a movement.

There is, sorta. You can look at the public records - for example GGC: https://www.ggc-stream.net/banlist/info/41/page/3/game/Battlefield+4

...there's been a significant uptick in "74004 MULTIHACK" bans on December 25th. It was also visible on PBBans but the public records show only the latest 50 so you can't see all those anymore but there were lots on December 25th as well.
    Mind that you can not disable verification by mail (which is odd imo). If your mail is compromised and they used that to get the verification message, you won't receive a SMS afaik. Just listing all options here so the most common issues can be ruled out.

I use Gmail with really strong password and Gmail always tells you when there's a new login; I don't believe my Gmail was compromised.

One question to those affected: where did you get the game key? From an official boxed game, the Origin store or from G2A or similar services?

I bought a box back when the game was released, I haven't purchased anything through Origin.
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    899 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited December 2018
    Too bad we can't find a way to see how many have been banned, via this method, and start a movement.

There is, sorta. You can look at the public records - for example GGC: https://www.ggc-stream.net/banlist/info/41/page/3/game/Battlefield+4

...there's been a significant uptick in "74004 MULTIHACK" bans on December 25th. It was also visible on PBBans but the public records show only the latest 50 so you can't see all those anymore but there were lots on December 25th as well.
    Mind that you can not disable verification by mail (which is odd imo). If your mail is compromised and they used that to get the verification message, you won't receive a SMS afaik. Just listing all options here so the most common issues can be ruled out.

I use Gmail with really strong password and Gmail always tells you when there's a new login; I don't believe my Gmail was compromised.

One question to those affected: where did you get the game key? From an official boxed game, the Origin store or from G2A or similar services?

I bought a box back when the game was released, I haven't purchased anything through Origin.

You can filter violations on PBBans, another 3rd party AC (just like GGC NOT related the Even Balance): https://bit.ly/2SqKeOP
    Had to shorten the url cause forum redirect breaks it. On the PBBans page, replace the violation code at the end of the url to any violation you want to filter.
    The violation started in 2014 apparently. Was first logged in BF3. But is now more prevalent in BF4.
    And thanks for your answer.
  • martyboy182
    PBBans MBI search never works for me, always says "Invalid captcha entered" no matter what. I also don't have an account there so maybe that's why ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Pnoce4ua2
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Il-Scavenger-lI WROTE;
    "I can not find any odd joins on your GUID. But again, I can only see joins on servers that were using a PB streaming plugin. "

There is that term again, "plugin" When I 1st researched this, someone else said you just need a new plugin. Can that be it? Don't all servers use punkbuster? could logging onto a server that doesn't use a pb streaming plugin in do it? I bought directly from origin, premium, on line. Also, this is a brand new pc that I bought 3 months ago, I had created a special email addy just for bf4 that is not used at all, just on origin, ea sports & here. How could anyone have gotten this email addy?
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    899 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited December 2018
    Pnoce4ua2 wrote: »
    Il-Scavenger-lI WROTE;
    "I can not find any odd joins on your GUID. But again, I can only see joins on servers that were using a PB streaming plugin. "

There is that term again, "plugin" When I 1st researched this, someone else said you just need a new plugin. Can that be it? Don't all servers use punkbuster? could logging onto a server that doesn't use a pb streaming plugin in do it? I bought directly from origin, premium, on line. Also, this is a brand new pc that I bought 3 months ago, I had created a special email addy just for bf4 that is not used at all, just on origin, ea sports & here. How could anyone have gotten this email addy?

Here you have info about ranked and official servers: https://www.bf4db.com/ranked-vs-official
    This info will explain the different servers BF has. Also needed to explain the workings of 3rd party AC's.
    Ranked servers can install plugins. PBBans, GGC, ACI and BF4DB are all 3rd party AC's which offer plugins to extend upon the existing official AC's which are PunkBuster and FairFight.
    When it comes to violations, PB only kicks. Those kicks stop when the cheat is removed, thus being very forgiving. For that reason, 3rd parties turn those kicks into bans by logging violation kicks with their server plugin. PB global bans are the only bans PB gives.
    ACI and PBBans offer a backlog of joins on servers with their plugin. Those logs are only available to server admins subscribed to their service.
    Post edited by Il-Scavenger-lI on
  • Machette1963
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Il-Scavenger-lI wrote

"In your case you might wanna check out why your account moved across the globe a few times.. Starting in the Czech Republic, then to Russia then to Canada. If that wasn't you, well..."

You can see all that? Can you see anything like that in my case? I still have not heard from punkbuster about anything.
    I can not find any odd joins on your GUID. But again, I can only see joins on servers that were using a PB streaming plugin.
    Frogtooth wrote: »
    Friend got his account hacked a couple days before Christmas. We noticed "him" playing, yet he was supposedly in Hawaii on vacation, and who in their right mind would be playing BF4 on vacation in Hawaii? Plus... he rarely plays, anyway. Did some checking and yep, he was playing from Algeria. We messaged him and when he got back he reclaimed his account. He says he had 2FA enabled, yet when he got on and checked it had been disabled. Perhaps he just doesn't remember disabling it, but seems like that is the sorta thing you'd remember. He has NO idea how he got compromised. But the Algerian was kind enough to not cheat while using it, so not harm done.
    Personally, I think this is evenbalance exploit, cause I am on two-step with my cell phone, never got the text, so it is by-passed by exploit.

This hack/exploit inst on my end, I am 100% sure of that.

Sorry, but i got two step on all my email accounts, bank, etc., that is important too me, at this point none have failed two-step has not failed.

So you are saying they by-passed the two step from my BF3 account? Checking that now.
  • Machette1963
    Il-Scavenger-lI wrote

"In your case you might wanna check out why your account moved across the globe a few times.. Starting in the Czech Republic, then to Russia then to Canada. If that wasn't you, well..."

You can see all that? Can you see anything like that in my case? I still have not heard from punkbuster about anything.
    I can not find any odd joins on your GUID. But again, I can only see joins on servers that were using a PB streaming plugin.
    Frogtooth wrote: »
    Friend got his account hacked a couple days before Christmas. We noticed "him" playing, yet he was supposedly in Hawaii on vacation, and who in their right mind would be playing BF4 on vacation in Hawaii? Plus... he rarely plays, anyway. Did some checking and yep, he was playing from Algeria. We messaged him and when he got back he reclaimed his account. He says he had 2FA enabled, yet when he got on and checked it had been disabled. Perhaps he just doesn't remember disabling it, but seems like that is the sorta thing you'd remember. He has NO idea how he got compromised. But the Algerian was kind enough to not cheat while using it, so not harm done.
    Personally, I think this is evenbalance exploit, cause I am on two-step with my cell phone, never got the text, so it is by-passed by exploit.

This hack/exploit inst on my end, I am 100% sure of that.

Sorry, but i got two step on all my email accounts, bank, etc., that is important too me, at this point none have failed two-step has not failed.

So you are saying they by-passed the two step from my BF3 account? Checking that now.

Checked my EA account, two step still enabled and no strange logins from anywhere, in their logs.

https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/aboutme/index?gameId=ebisu&locale=en_US
  • Solar_Aapheex
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I too like Machette, EB basically responded with a Ctrl+c and Ctrl+v at my ticket (totally copied).

The good is that i play since day one and i never had such problems.

You can see how professional everything is.
  • DIRTYGreeny
    673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member

28/12/18 - I still have not heard from punkbuster about anything.

You did hear from them (EB) and that was on the 23rd of December.
  • osakai_PL_
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hi averyone. It happened to me on December 17, 2018 and I got a standard answer from EB (you know what :).
    They did not answer me what means multihack # 74004 I have over 4,000 hours of gameplay on BF4 and believe me, I do not suffer as someone hacks. I use win10 with standard microsoft protection, no specialized software, some on forums suggested that this may be the reason for ban. I can not play BF4 or BF3 on any PB server at this time. EB does not want to do anything about it. If they really wanted to help solve the problem, they would do it. I do not believe that they can not check my logs. I do not know what to do to get back into the game. Someone wrote on some forum that he has been fighting them for half a year without a result. I do not really know how PB works or whether you need to open a new account and buy a game. Is it enough to set up a new Origin account and connect the game I had.In my opinion, if anyone is to be punished even if he was guilty, he deserves to know what for.
    Thanks
  • osakai_PL_
    Hi averyone. It happened to me on December 17, 2018 and I got a standard answer from EB. They did not answer me what means multihack # 74004 I have over 4,000 hours of gameplay on BF4 and believe me, I do not suffer as someone hacks. I use win10 with standard microsoft protection, no specialized software, some on forums suggested that this may be the reason for ban. I can not play BF4 or BF3 on any PB server at this time. EB does not want to do anything about it. If they really wanted to help solve the problem, they would do it. I do not believe that they can not check my logs. I do not know what to do to get back into the game. Someone wrote on some forum that he has been fighting them for half a year without a result. I do not really know how PB works or whether you need to open a new account and buy a game. Is it enough to set up a new Origin account and connect the game I had. In my opinion, if anyone is to be punished even if he was guilty, he deserves to know what for.
    Thanks
  • Machette1963
    I too like Machette, EB basically responded with a Ctrl+c and Ctrl+v at my ticket (totally copied).

The good is that i play since day one and i never had such problems.

You can see how professional everything is.

Amazingly simple procedure just cut and f......... paste, are evenbalance/punkbuster for real? We need a proffesional reporter to look into this case BS.
  • osakai_PL_
    Reading other posts raises one more question. Is it possible that the admin of any server has such a possibility that it can kick me out of the server and this will result in a general ban ?. Does the admin have the option of reporting anyone to EB ?. I heard about such a situation that the admin threw a man for his country of origin - he was allergic :)
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    edited December 2018
    osakai_PL_ wrote: »
    Reading other posts raises one more question. Is it possible that the admin of any server has such a possibility that it can kick me out of the server and this will result in a general ban ?. Does the admin have the option of reporting anyone to EB ?. I heard about such a situation that the admin threw a man for his country of origin - he was allergic :)

Nope. EB does not take reports from anyone. Server owners can only ban on their own server, those have nothing to do with PB bans / violation kicks.
  • osakai_PL_
    osakai_PL_ wrote: »

Nope. EB does not take reports from anyone. Server owners can only ban on their own server, those have nothing to do with PB bans / violation kicks.

Thanks, you have dispelled my doubt. In that case, it must be some kind of system error. greetings
  • osakai_PL_
    I wrote once again to EvenBalance. Maybe something will be explained in this topic

Trouble Ticket History:
    12/30/2018 15:26:45
    Note #3: Hello. You sent a standard message that you sent to other users. You did not answer my question.
    I do not really want to believe that a company that specializes in this topic is not able to unambiguously resolve this issue. It is a frivolous treatment of customers who bought products from EA. Please, check what caused this error: Multihack 74004. Regards
  • martyboy182
    I really wish we could make some waves so that EA forces EB to look into it :(
  • Sk1lld
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really wish we could make some waves so that EA forces EB to look into it :(

EA sunset BF4 over a year ago, and will not sink any more resources into this game. They will not get involved in any dispute between players and EB. They have no way of determining what EB has as far as evidence.
    Usually ban threads get closed due to the fact that no one here can do anything about a ban. I'm surprised this one is left open.
    EA has never responded to any ban thread.

• martyboy182
    There were those two ban types couple years ago when EA did get involved and EB did unban a whole bunch of people, if I remember correctly.

But yeah, given the age of BF4, I have no hopes for this one.

The thing is though, I'd like to at least understand what triggered this ban. While EA is done with BF4, they still sell it and so if I'm going to buy it again, I'd really like to know how to prevent getting banned again.
  • Sk1lld
    541 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There were those two ban types couple years ago when EA did get involved and EB did unban a whole bunch of people, if I remember correctly.

But yeah, given the age of BF4, I have no hopes for this one.

The thing is though, I'd like to at least understand what triggered this ban. While EA is done with BF4, they still sell it and so if I'm going to buy it again, I'd really like to know how to prevent getting banned again.

I only remember one large ban wave, EA did not get involved, the players successfully argued that a reshade program was causing the ban. EB recalled the bans, fixed the detection engine and a week later re-banned all the same players. Those bans were never reversed.
This discussion has been closed.