difficult to call in V1 rocket

vikingtrader
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
More than once I get to the required 41500 points as squad leader and when I try to call in the V1 rocket it just does not work. Seems very unreliable. Am I the only one struggling with this?

Comments

• full951
    2405 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    not only are there blocks like someone else called one in. there seems to be a cool down and the com rose just does not work reliably.

there's have been times where I had enough req points to call one in then suddenly I didn't have enough
  • SuperElex87
    4 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’ve been dealing with this all day! This has happened to me three times. I gather up enough points and then when I tried to call the V1 it just won’t let me. I had people send me messages begging me to launch the V1. It’s been along day and still no silly helmet 😔.

Oddly enough I was able to call other things 🤔.
  • NZ_RADCORE
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ive had this problem too, I think I know how it works now. If you hold the LB RB, move the right stick to desired call in, then release just one of the shoulder buttons. Well its worked the one time I tried it.
  • fly78
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nightmare, giving orders can be a little testing at times to
  • skins4ever21
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yea I have the same issue quite a bit. Glitches out so bad I spend 30 seconds or more trying to get it down and end up getting shot in process. Don't know what it would be hard to have a circle on the mini map you can move around to pick where you want it dropped instead of the binoculars. That way you can radio it in from cover instead of standing in harms way with no gun in your hand. Poorly thought out on their part.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6631 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Yesterday I was squad leader with 55,000 points waiting for the right moment to call in a V1. When the moment came I realized I now have 28,000 points. Not a clue how it happened. Maybe if someone leaves the squad they take their points with them?
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NZ_RADCORE wrote: »
    Ive had this problem too, I think I know how it works now. If you hold the LB RB, move the right stick to desired call in, then release just one of the shoulder buttons. Well its worked the one time I tried it.

Sometimes it works with the shoulder button release, others is when you press the right shoulder. Clearly just one of the reasons that console players have been screwed, as it was tested on pc.
  • iMonk3yz
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yesterday I was squad leader with 55,000 points waiting for the right moment to call in a V1. When the moment came I realized I now have 28,000 points. Not a clue how it happened. Maybe if someone leaves the squad they take their points with them?

I get the same problem when trying to call a V1 in sometimes, it takes the points but the V1 never comes.

• Fellblade16
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NZ_RADCORE wrote: »

This is the only thing that has worked for me. Even then it is seriously bugged. If you "Look" through the binoculars to spot something and put them down to move around, they glitch out. You have to go back to the weapon and start all over. Meanwhile hoping you aren't dying, etc.

• BaronVonGoon
    6631 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't understand why sometimes when you try to request an order so that you steal squad leader, it doesn't work, despite the incumbent (and incompetent) squad leader continuing to not give out any orders.
  • SuperElex87
    4 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Still can’t call V1 rocket. I’ve tried removing one finger from one bumper. I tried marking the location before trying to call it. None of it worked. Once again had to explain to the squad the game is glitching out and I couldn’t call the V1. This is very frustrating! Please fix!
  • SuperElex87
    Is it just me or is anyone else still having trouble calling the V1 rocket on the Xbox? I’m still getting a black line in the center of the screen when I go to zoom in. And I have to double press the bumpers and hold on to the left bumper to even be able to activate the V1. Is that how it’s supposed to function double bumper then hold left bumper and then pray that it works? Any help or thoughts would be great.
  • full951
    2405 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    it's real temperamental
  • die5el302
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i have given up calling anything in you got to finger fook the controler to call anything in which results me dying .
  • CosmicStriker
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the issue is you have you use like 2 buttons together and then two more all at the same time.
  • TectonicGuns
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can someone [provide exact instructions on how the button(s) are supposed to be pressed. Please!
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just wish I could do so while in a vehicle. I've had one stolen when jumping out to make the call.
  • die5el302
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You hold LB+RB on Xbox and select what you want with the right analog stick. Then you let go of the bumpers while while still holding the stick in the desired direction. You now aim at the spot you want and press the right trigger.
    It's bugged as hell though so you have to keep trying until it works.
  • hangman960
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The buttons to call in supply drops etc is awful and doesnt work half the time
  • hectordb93
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It usually is because another squad has called in a V-Bomb and you have to wait for the cooldown.