difficult to call in V1 rocket

2»

Comments

• Kevang039
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    First time I finally had enough points to call a rocket, the match was down to 100 and 100 for tickets remaining, go to call in my rocket on what would have probably been around a 8 kill shot since they were all grouped up on each other, the game tells me the match is near the end and can not launch a rocket.......🤬🤬
  • USMC_90_95
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I started getting the screen to go half black when I try to call one in. The binoculars disappear and I have to back out and retry. That happened 3 times today and the first time I backed out I had lost 5000 points
  • Mishkin37
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kevang039 wrote: »
    First time I finally had enough points to call a rocket, the match was down to 100 and 100 for tickets remaining, go to call in my rocket on what would have probably been around a 8 kill shot since they were all grouped up on each other, the game tells me the match is near the end and can not launch a rocket.......🤬🤬

If it’s any consolation, you probably would have had “Enemy Hit” or “Reinforcement Destroyed” rather than 8 kills! Ha!

I’ve called in so many rockets, only to have them hit everything but an enemy.

The procedure for calling them in is definitely finicky, and I’ve died dozens of times just trying to focus on a spot to bomb.

My biggest frustration with them is when I try to be slick and do a quick call in during a firefight, only to select a vehicle reinforcement by mistake instead. Bye, bye 20,000 pts!
  • SixTouge
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The mechanics of it on the controller are really clunky, I've tossed incendiary grenades on myself more than a couple times trying to call one in!

The other issue is just the nature of the game, where every squad on both sides is arriving at enough req points at roughly the same time. You end up with a traffic jam of rocket strikes. The only solution I can think of, would be to allow more than one call in simultaneously, and/or allow req points to carry into the next round (just once, so there's no hoarding).
  • lionking7001
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I wonder if Dice could have made it more difficult in some way way to call in reinforcements? Probably this is way more easy on PC and then they think it's fine.
  • Kevang039
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mishkin37 wrote: »

If it’s any consolation, you probably would have had “Enemy Hit” or “Reinforcement Destroyed” rather than 8 kills! Ha!

The procedure for calling them in is definitely finicky, and I’ve died dozens of times just trying to focus on a spot to bomb.

My biggest frustration with them is when I try to be slick and do a quick call in during a firefight, only to select a vehicle reinforcement by mistake instead. Bye, bye 20,000 pts!

First time I had it, I did that by accident.

Second time I got it, there's was about 100 each in tickets and was told it was end of match 🙄.

Third time yesterday afternoon, I called in another stupid vehicle, my squad managed to get another 20,000 points and with about 8 tickets left it let me call it in, by the time it landed, match went to white and we won.

Weird that at 100 tickets each I couldn't launch it because the match is almost done, but the 3rs time was the very tail end of a match and it let me do it.
  • Mishkin37
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GrimeySix wrote: »
    The mechanics of it on the controller are really clunky, I've tossed incendiary grenades on myself more than a couple times trying to call one in!

The other issue is just the nature of the game, where every squad on both sides is arriving at enough req points at roughly the same time. You end up with a traffic jam of rocket strikes. The only solution I can think of, would be to allow more than one call in simultaneously, and/or allow req points to carry into the next round (just once, so there's no hoarding).

It would be so sweet to see like 5 V1s rain down on the same objective! But now that I say that, it would probably crash your game into the previous console generation!

The traffic jam point makes sense. Never thought of it that way before.

Mishkin37 wrote: »

First time I had it, I did that by accident.

Second time I got it, there's was about 100 each in tickets and was told it was end of match 🙄.

Third time yesterday afternoon, I called in another stupid vehicle, my squad managed to get another 20,000 points and with about 8 tickets left it let me call it in, by the time it landed, match went to white and we won.

Weird that at 100 tickets each I couldn't launch it because the match is almost done, but the 3rs time was the very tail end of a match and it let me do it.

It’s so exciting to launch a V1, because you’re imagining all those kills you’ll get with the perfect strike. It’s almost like finally getting that Chopper Gunner in MW2 (never got a nuke...never bothered...knew I wasn’t good enough to ever get to 25).

There’s so much anticipation!

And then you see the results...Enemy Fingernail Broken +3.

• mgood1845
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Suggested changes:

1.) Allow team to know when friendly Rocket has been called. maybe in form of an on screen notification that your team has called in a rocket. Example: Dog squad has called a JB-2 rocket inbound in 15 seconds and countdown time to detonation.

2.) Remove the countdown timer a squad leader can have his binoculars out with the rocket selected. If there is a mechanic to prevent multiple rockets being called in then this timer is pointless and probably why when a squad leader is trying to call in a rocket you are unable because another squad leader has their binoculars out trying to call one in at the same time.

Just my 2 cents devs
  • Aflag666
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I understand having to queue up for the rocket because of the possible problem's illustrated by Mishkin's apt remark..........It would be so sweet to see like 5 V1s rain down on the same objective! But now that I say that, it would probably crash your game into the previous console generation!.......That made me laugh out loud. But the mechanic is cumbersome at best. As mentioned above, I've been killed many times whilst trying to find a good spot to be able to call in a rocket where I want it, then having to take 20 seconds to do so because the binocs are not coming up like they should. The whole time I'm a stationary target for anyone looking to dial in their weapon as I'm standing there in my menu. I don't mind having to time it, as the rocket really is a game changer when called in correctly. But we should only have to worry about the time to target. Not all the time it takes to actually get the thing in the air. Situations change so quickly on BF that 20 seconds of fiddlin in the menu is a lifetime.
  • saxo101
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 12
    I know Microsoft kinect was a failure. They could have used it, for people to have voice commands in the game so you don't have to press any buttons. For example saying objecivte b it would just do it for you. Or call a v bomb and it bring the binoculars to place it ? Just maybe. I would have used it for that instead of been in the back of the cupboard ??
  • Mishkin37
    Aflag666 wrote: »
    I understand having to queue up for the rocket because of the possible problem's illustrated by Mishkin's apt remark..........It would be so sweet to see like 5 V1s rain down on the same objective! But now that I say that, it would probably crash your game into the previous console generation!.......That made me laugh out loud. But the mechanic is cumbersome at best. As mentioned above, I've been killed many times whilst trying to find a good spot to be able to call in a rocket where I want it, then having to take 20 seconds to do so because the binocs are not coming up like they should. The whole time I'm a stationary target for anyone looking to dial in their weapon as I'm standing there in my menu. I don't mind having to time it, as the rocket really is a game changer when called in correctly. But we should only have to worry about the time to target. Not all the time it takes to actually get the thing in the air. Situations change so quickly on BF that 20 seconds of fiddlin in the menu is a lifetime.

The thought of an enemy seeing my stupid character at the crest of a hill with his binoculars in his face makes me giggle!

I hope I provided some happiness for any of you out there who shot my head off as I looked through my Bushnells.