TTK 1.0 is too much for regular noobs.

j232211V7
83 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Last night I was playing with my friends against mostly clan players. While half of us quickly adapted after an initial beating, we even over turned the game, we dominated the clan party in DOM, and got a swift victory. However, the other half said it was too difficult due mainly multiple 1 shot kills they got during the whole match. they almost rage quit and simply decided no longer to play for the time being. To be honest, I do not blame them for temporarly quitting the game and there is nothing I can do to refrain them from taking such drastic decision. TTK 1.0 is definitely not noob friendly, they were doing just fine with TTK 2.0.

Comments

• V4LI4NT
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Had a round just now and honestly it does not feel like they turned it back to TTK 1.0
  • SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The one shot kill moments are likely down to the general netcode funkyness. TTK 2.0 did seem to make it less common but it still happened. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to play until things get sorted out though. I've been tempted to do the same.
  • warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    BFV is almost appearing to be some kind of experiment rather than an expensive high-end game.

Because the game developers seem determined to see gamers as either happy or sad people whose moods can be controlled with patches to BFV.
  • Mangrey
    210 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    warslag wrote: »
    BFV is almost appearing to be some kind of experiment rather than an expensive high-end game.

Because the game developers seem determined to see gamers as either happy or sad people whose moods can be controlled with patches to BFV.

then lets help them to make a good game for the players
  • warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Mangrey wrote: »
    warslag wrote: »

then lets help them to make a good game for the players

That's the problem.
  • Mrcleanjeans
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

j232211V7 wrote: »
    Last night I was playing with my friends against mostly clan players. While half of us quickly adapted after an initial beating, we even over turned the game, we dominated the clan party in DOM, and got a swift victory. However, the other half said it was too difficult due mainly multiple 1 shot kills they got during the whole match. they almost rage quit and simply decided no longer to play for the time being. To be honest, I do not blame them for temporarly quitting the game and there is nothing I can do to refrain them from taking such drastic decision. TTK 1.0 is definitely not noob friendly, they were doing just fine with TTK 2.0.

So let’s forget about the actual bugs like assignment tracking or black loading screens. As a new player that would turn me off more than TTK. Trying to keep your squad together through grand operations or getting other squad mates to heal you when you are down. Pretty sure those types of issues out rank TTK. But your friends leave because they got killed quick. See, I don’t think so. I’m not sold on that. I think the customization and the lack of depth would be more of a concern (especially since DICE sold us on that from day one.)

• Diabolus_Musica
    788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    j232211V7 wrote: »
    You're describing a TTD problem not a TTK one.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    In my experience noobs get wrecked way harder with a slow time to kill. They're never gonna out accuracy a skilled player in this game. The current ttk at least gives a chance for them.

The one shot kills have nothing to do with the ttk it's a bug, it still happened with ttk 2.0.

But it doesn't given that they get killed before any sort of encounter that would allow them to fire back. Hence why , "time to react" is a big deal to players with no clue how to navigate the maps. TTK 2.0 was introduced entirely to attract new players. Dying from a face to face encounter isn't seen as "unfair", getting killed because you overlooked an alley way where enemies frequently pass through is "cheap".
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In my experience noobs get wrecked way harder with a slow time to kill. They're never gonna out accuracy a skilled player in this game. The current ttk at least gives a chance for them.

The one shot kills have nothing to do with the ttk it's a bug, it still happened with ttk 2.0.

But it doesn't given that they get killed before any sort of encounter that would allow them to fire back. Hence why , "time to react" is a big deal to players with no clue how to navigate the maps. TTK 2.0 was introduced entirely to attract new players. Dying from a face to face encounter isn't seen as "unfair", getting killed because you overlooked an alley way where enemies frequently pass through is "cheap".
  • CHAMMOND1992
    edited December 2018

Post edited by CHAMMOND1992 on
  • diagoro
    1593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

There are many players, like myself, who know how to navigate the maps, play careful (and were good in all other BF games), that find BFV to be completely impossible to play at times.

I get one shot wrecked no matter where I am, by all sorts of wespons. Think I'm prone behind cover? Nope....one shot killed by a sniper I couldn't see on the other side of a hill. Safe in an alley, with a squad around me? Nope, guy just one shot me with the lewis gun from what looks like 150 meters away (getting insta killed by the lewis gun alot).

It's the inability to react, get to cover, and compete. While on the other hand, I don't seem to get the same benefit.
  • Caramac_D
    190 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    V4LI4NT wrote: »
    Had a round just now and honestly it does not feel like they turned it back to TTK 1.0

I had this feeling today too. Dice wouldn't do anything sneaky like tinker with it without mentioning would they? hmm. Tin foil hat maybe. Yesterday it felt brilliant, weird.
  • MidriffUrchin0
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited December 2018
    I've been playing bf since vietnam and these days I'm a casual gamer, just don't have time but this game feels more all round hardcore.

i can see how it's not fun for bf newcomers and an added kick to the bollocks is on EU servers, I find compared to bf1, you can find the opposite team completely packed with different clan members and your side has none so it's a complete annihilation round after round.

• hunterxcool
    11 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah TTK 1.0 sucks... People kill people to quickly with just a body shot... Headshot is useless and getting headshot didn't have much of an impact
  • JDOGMcFUZZL
    125 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TTK 1.0 is better that 2.0 in my opinion. It takes time getting used to so OP is right about it not really being noob friendly but once you get over the learning curve it is a lot better than the 2.0 TTK. And the learning curve doesn't take all that long to get over. It didn't take me very long but I've played a lot of games over my life but I would guess that the average player might need to play 10-20 hours to at least become comfortable enough with TTK 1.0 to enjoy the game.
  • iFistyoSis
    1129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Practice more...
  • j232211V7
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    We are all new battlefirld players who have playing together since day one, I have seen all of them getting a noticiable improvement. I would hate losing half of them, the half I am talking about are the less skilled players, I feel their pain and probably will not convinced them of switching gaming styles from offensive to deffensive, Staying with the group at all times, remain in prone positions, never taking initiatives and play in a conservative, sneaky and slick way to avoid been killed that often. Point being, I have witnessed how ttk 1.0 is more suitable for the veteran/skilled/seasoned player, rather than the noob ones. If things go south, we may need to find a new game where all our friends can enjoy a quality MP time. I am not gonna just stop playing Battlefield V because of this.I love this game. Just my two cents.