Medic Weapons (Or lack thereof)

GirlMisfit
109 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I'm one of those BF1 medics who loved the class and really focused on sqaud play. I'm also one of those medics who just cant get into BF 5 because of the SMGs. The forum has been full of complaints and discussion on the medic weapons, but the "Christmas gift" weapons were for Assualt and Support. None of the Tides of War weapons are geared to giving the medic an alternative.

Why is Dice ignoring the Medic weapon issue?

Comments

• alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm one of those BF2-BC2-BF3-BF4-BF1 medics and I don't know why they nerfed the class so much.
  • GirlMisfit
    109 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Last night I finally conencted with some BF1 buddies I squad with and we had a go at BF 5. I did better with a squad but I noticed a few things.

I had to advance in front of the assualt and support guys to get close enough use my sten. This made me the first target and put me in a poor position to run back and revive or heal. So if I wanted to contribute to the fight, the SMG forced me closer than a medic should be.

My other attempt was to stay behind my assualt and support and shot at targets when by buddies reloaded. I would occasionally get a hit marker, but it was near impossible to kill anything at that distance unless they were wounded and not shooting at me.

I eventually switched to another class and found it more enjoyable. We determined that Medic just wasn't worth it anymore.