A plea to DICE medic weapons must dominate CQB

mav_smileyface
1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited December 2018
The effect of having poor medic weapons has a snow ball effect on the amount of people being revived. Earlier in 3 games I was revived once..

I suggest making all medic weapons 3Hk out to 30 5 + outside of that

That would absolutely encourage more medics
Right now people are not interested in medic.. that’s worrying for someone like me who is always in the thick of it

Comments

• naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Agreed, SMGs should be the dominant force in CQB with the only exception being a shotgun. KE7 and multiple assault weapons dominating in CQB is utter bs.

SMGs are outgunned at every range, its one of most frustrating points of playing Medic.
  • johnojohnson
    527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tommy gun is a beast in CQB , medic just needs a good mid to semi distant range gun and all we be fine for the time being , maybe Dices's xmas gift might supprise us .
    And for the record we dont really need or want any gun or class to be dominant in CQB keep it balanced when close and tight is more fun for all.
  • MeFirstThenYou
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dominant is maybe the wrong turn. But the medics should get guns that have should give you advantage at a certain range. They also absolutely lack any diversity in their guns. Something every other class has.
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tommy gun is a beast in CQB , medic just needs a good mid to semi distant range gun and all we be fine for the time being , maybe Dices's xmas gift might supprise us .
    And for the record we dont really need or want any gun or class to be dominant in CQB keep it balanced when close and tight is more fun for all.

May as well remove all SMGs that have less than 600 RPM then as these are all completely subpar/useless atm. They need to buff all sub-600 RPM SMGs with greater velocity, significantly better accuracy on par with LMGs and ARs of equal/similar RPM, bit faster RoF and a way better damage drop off (at least 10m more to each BTK increments).

ARs, LMGs and MMGs damage/capabilities in CQC also need to be nerf.
  • GirlMisfit
    109 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think Medics should get a decent mid range rifle like they had in BF1. I would think the M1 Garand should be a good medic weapon. It would only have 8 rounds, so the medic cant take on multiple targets like an assualt or support, but they would have enough distance and firepower to at least take out one enemy who would shoot them as they revive a team mate.
  • bran1986
    5827 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I'm not sure a 3 btk would be balanced, @VindictiVagabond is probably a lot better at the math than I am lol. The problem is how dice decided to balance all weapons in a class in a universal way instead of individually balancing guns to their strengths and weaknesses.

Giving all automatic weapons a blanket 4 btk range has really damaged the smgs and has given them little room to be balanced in their niche. It is also amusing some of the people who defended the assault buffs in BF1 and told people to stop crying because it was only 12 meters, are the same ones that screeched about "potato" assault rifles when smgs only had a 9 meter "advantage."

There is only two things I can think of to give medics and their smgs their CQB niche back. The first is move most assault rifles and the Ke7 and FG42 back to a 5 btk in cqb. The other thing is giving medic smgs an exclusive 5 to 10 meter 4 btk range buff to 15-20 meters. Other than that I'm not sure what else can be done until DICE overhauls how they balance the guns in BFV.
    Post edited by bran1986 on
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They need to bring back sweet spots sadly. Where good midrange automatics take 5bk at less than 5m while smgs remain at 4bk. Then after 5m the assault rifles go back to a 4bk
  • sm0nt3s84
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They need to bring back sweet spots sadly. Where good midrange automatics take 5bk at less than 5m while smgs remain at 4bk. Then after 5m the assault rifles go back to a 4bk

sweet spots had no effect on any other class besides recon. that was a recon only thing.
  • DemonsofRazgriz
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    naitch44 wrote: »
    Agreed, SMGs should be the dominant force in CQB with the only exception being a shotgun. KE7 and multiple assault weapons dominating in CQB is utter bs.

SMGs are outgunned at every range, its one of most frustrating points of playing Medic.

*cries in recon*
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    I'm not sure a 3 btk would be balanced, @VindictiVagabond is probably a lot better at the math than I am lol. The problem is how dice decided to balance all weapons in a class in a universal way instead of individually balancing guns to their strengths and weaknesses.

Giving all automatic a blanket 4 btk range has really damaged the smgs and has given them little room to be balanced in their niche. It is also amusing some of the people who defended the assault buffs in BF1 and told people to stop crying because it was only 12 meters, are the same ones that screeched about "potato" assault rifles when smgs only had a 9 meter "advantage."

There is only two things I can think of to give medics and their smgs their CQB niche back. The first is move most assault rifles and the Ke7 and FG42 back to a 5 btk in cqb. The other thing is giving medic smgs an exclusive 5 to 10 meter 4 btk range buff to 15-20 meters. Other than that I'm not sure what else can be done until DICE overhauls how they balance the guns in BFV.

3BTK for weapons that have 514 to 770 RPM by default would make them completely broken. The only solution that I see would work without making SMGs godlike broken is indeed to:
    • nerf CQC damage/capabilities of ARs, LMGs and MMGs
    • give all SMGs 10m more to each BTK increments (4BTK at 0-20m, 5BTK at 21-40, 6BTK etc etc.)
    • SMGs with less than 600 RPM need : a small RoF buff, bullet velocity major buff, horizontal recoil significant reduction and SIPS reduction. Rationale: their accuracy should be equal if not better than say the STG44 because they have less RPM, DPS and damage per shot.
  • VindictiV_V

Giving all automatic a blanket 4 btk range has really damaged the smgs and has given them little room to be balanced in their niche. It is also amusing some of the people who defended the assault buffs in BF1 and told people to stop crying because it was only 12 meters, are the same ones that screeched about "potato" assault rifles when smgs only had a 9 meter "advantage."

3BTK for weapons that have 514 to 770 RPM by default would make them completely broken. The only solution that I see would work without making SMGs godlike broken is indeed to:
    • give all SMGs 10m more to each BTK increments (4BTK at 0-20m, 5BTK at 21-40, 6BTK etc etc.)
    • SMGs with less than 600 RPM need : a small RoF buff, bullet velocity major buff, horizontal recoil significant reduction and SIPS reduction. Rationale: their accuracy should be equal if not better than say the STG44 because they have less RPM, DPS and damage per shot.

Side note: Stupid @¯\_(ツ)_/¯ forum bug where you can"t edit your post without it being removed.
  • inpham0usV1
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Either let SMGs dominate CQB or let the medic have an SLR. Currently, the beginning assault rifle can outgun most SMGs at all ranges and that's just not properly balanced.
  • mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Something needs to be done I’m rarely being revived or for that matter seeing people being revived

I think patience has warn thin

I would champion medics having an SAR for sure
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I will probably get stick for this but I don't find the medic guns that bad. They could do with a slight buff, MP40, Sten, EMP and MP34 could do with either a rof or damage upgrade from where they are. The Soumi and Tommy are fine imo.
    The MP28 could do with a slight bullet velocity increase.

I'm a Frontlines player so combat is always closer than say conquest but I seem to do well with the medic class and am always in the top three on the score board.
  • VOLBANKER
    1298 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Something needs to be done I’m rarely being revived or for that matter seeing people being revived
    Generally people aren't very good at using the BF5 buddy-reviving in my experience.
  • DemonsofRazgriz
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    Generally people aren't very good at using the BF5 buddy-reviving in my experience.

My experience is people die in the open and around corners where I cannot revive them without being gunned down.
  • bran1986
    5827 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    After playing a whole session of about 4 hours with the Ribeyrolles, I just cannot believe how easy assault is compared to the medic class. I have grown frustrated many times with the game due to how bad the smgs are in this game. Yet with the Volk 1-5 and Ribeyrolles it was just astonishing. DICE talked about more "skillful" gameplay and getting rid of "random bullet deviation" and how gunplay was going to be more about player A skill vs player B skill, yet with the smgs my gun bounces all over the freaking place, my shot is thrown off randomly due to spread and I'm losing gunfights at 35 or 40 meters, not because of the skill of the other player, but the other player is playing the game on an easier difficulty than me. Their guns have no noticeable spread, has 3x scopes for easy spotting, perfectly vertical recoil and better damage and bullet velocit/less drag. After playing today and thinking about it, I feel cheated when playing medic like I'm playing with one hand tied behind my back.

Another thing I noticed is, I never worried about my health or thought "medics self healing has it so much better." I was constantly getting health packs from health stations or if I was hit a couple of times, I would just play more cautiously until my health came back. The assault health regen seems to regen a lot faster than self healing does and it gives you back quite a bit of health as well. Another thing I noticed was the hip fire on the assault rifles(Ribeyrolles and Volk 1-5) felt pretty damn good to me. Many times a medic with a sten tried to beat me in cqb and I just hip fired and beat them, especially with the Volk 1-5.
  • trip1ex
    5061 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Whether or not you get revived by medics totally depends on who play with and who you play against.

And then in this game it takes longer to revive and enemies are harder to see so there's a lot more instances where revives aren't doable compared to previous games.
  • VindictiV_V

• bran1986

This is what I thought. I remember on the symthic forums( I should really join lol) during the ttk 2.0 debate, it was suggested maybe giving the fedorov so 3 btk range but even at 449 rpm people thought it might be broken. Dice really backed themselves in a corner with the blanket 4 btk for all automatics. Your suggestions are spot on.